[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is multi culturalism good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4
File: 1455601862767.png (12 KB, 560x407) Image search: [Google]
1455601862767.png
12 KB, 560x407
Is multi culturalism good?
>>
Yes but we're doing it wrong
>>
Sweden
Yes
>>
You can't really say. It all depends on the cultures and how it's approached. Asians and westerners are generally perfectly fine. Arabs and westerners aren't.
>>
>>56392145
This.
We made the mistake of allowing ethnic enclaves.

Even here we have ethnic enclaves like china and koreatowns which have people who can't speak even one word of English, and they isolate themselves from the rest of the nation in their mini-recreations of their home nation.
>>
yes but muslims doesn't count
I can see Israeli and an American guy being friends but the Arab mentality is too aggressive and pride full
>>
>>56392182
i feel like chinatowns are generally ok

but then in san francisco there was a chinese congressperson gun running for gangsters
>>
File: spongebob wat.png (237 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
spongebob wat.png
237 KB, 500x370
if people assimilate then thats not multiculturalism
>>
>>56392214
It's not about the crime, it's about the lack of inclusion. Those people consider themselves Chinese first rather than American.

The problem of course exasperates when the culture has the potential to be hostile, as seen in Europe.

Forced assimilation is the only way to ensure they'll fit their culture into Western ideals.
>>
America is a good example of somewhat working multiculturalism, because it doesn't have a original culture but from the start has been mix mash of different cultures. You can't really expect that from an European culture which have strong roots in history.
>>
>>56392290
It's all about the crime buddy
>>
>>56392321
Well then we can discuss the fact that Chinese and Koreatowns in the U.S. are hotbeds of organized Chinese crime that is kept under wraps.
>>
>>56392145
>>56392182
This desu.
Be like the Chinese. The Ming dynasty gave every non-Han muslim in China a Han wife.
This way they guaranteed assimilation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hui_people#Ming_Dynasty
>>
>>56392313
>American
>working multiculturalism
They literally have no-go areas for white people.
>>
>>56392290
chinese and some other asians seem peaceful is what i mean, so leaving them alone is ok. but then you randomly hear about gang activity. i think left alone for too long ethnic islands are bad.
>>
>>56392346
In a Dutch prison you don't have to be afraid to get stabbed by a different race. Because you're probably busy playing cards with them.

If anything, America is a good example of failed multiculturalism.
>>
>>56392351
They're peaceful when they don't live in enclaves. The crime is always happening through these Chinatowns where they're living like it's China where corruption is abound, and their traditional views keep them from reporting anything to the police.

Asian organized crime is something our law enforcement have been having an extremely tough time even scratching the surface of because they're built like secret societies.
>>
>>56392346
so do you dykeniger

desu any backwoods place won't like strangers, just a matter if the community is allowed to act violently or they are kept in check by a stronger force
>>
>>56392395
i know i live in california. but why have chinese wthout letting them have a china town, seems people naturally gather together anyway with their same group.
>>
>>56392429
>but why have chinese wthout letting them have a china town, seems people naturally gather together anyway with their same group
then why did they move to your country?
>>
>>56392346
>It's only whites vs blacks
There's irish (who were majorly hated but now are seen as non threatening population), anglo, germans, scandis, hispanics, italians, africans, chinese, japanese, thais, russians, poles, arabs. That's because there isn't a de facto American standard, America is all of those combined.
>>
>>56392398
We don't have no-go areas.

The Bijlmer in Amsterdam is probably one of the worst nigger hellholes in the country and you can just walk there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QGIcpR0cds
>>
>>56392451
This.
>>
>>56392485
>The Bijlmermeer neighbourhood, which today houses almost 100,000 people of over 150 nationalities, was designed as a single project
>The neighbourhood quickly gained a reputation for being a "dark" part of town.
>It used to have a relatively high crime rate, but this has decreased dramatically in recent years
>>
>>56392112
Fucking no.
>>
How did Americans manage to assimilate people so well? I mean we sent millions of Germans your way and they pretty much disappeared
>>
>>56392112
yes if it is only qt's

otherwise no
>>
>>56392594
building a new country m8 - it is different
>>
>>56392604
gib blonde qts
>>
>>56392594
It literally took like a 100 years.
Germans were hated for a long time.
>>
>>56392594

Because ethnically and culturally they were close.
>>
I think there is a problem with our definition of culture in general. Too many people seem to view it as something that is worth preserving for its own sake and can't ever be compromised.

I think where cultural habits go against the peaceful coexistence between people they aren't worth preserving and they should be left behind. If my culture tells me I should hate Mehmet for having a different religion and Mehmets culture tells him he should hate me for having no religion even though generally speaking we'd get along just fine we should move beyond what our culture dictates.

We shouldn't hang onto our cultures if they limit us or our horizon.
>>
File: 1453348396435.png (323 KB, 584x478) Image search: [Google]
1453348396435.png
323 KB, 584x478
>>56392594
During WW1 and WW2 the government shit all over German-Americans. Our president even went as far as to say that they weren't loyal to the country for calling themselves German-Americans, and many were accused of being spies. They changed town and street names all over the country from German to English. The use of German was shunned prior to the great war too.
>>
>>56392781
>many people seem to view it as something that is worth preserving for its own sake and can't ever be compromised.

I won't compromise my cultural values just because some mudslime gets angry at me for it or some nignog jungle cannibal demands right to eat people.
>>
Yes except k*rds
We have here turks, also laz, greek, circassian, sepharat, albanians, bulgar turk immigrants, georgian and even turkic arab (like myself) etc

Noone hates anyone
Except only k*rds bombs, suicide n shiet

And unironically West is ally with these terrorist fucks
>>
>>56392781
You should hang on to culture if your culture built a successful society that attracts opportunists who then refuse to assimilate. Compare Germany to the middle east and think again if you want to adjust your culture for Mehmet.
>>
>>56392781
>we should move beyond what our culture dictates

this is only demanded from native Europeans, not from Mehmets nor from dindus from Africa
>>
>>56392867

See, I think we should hang onto the specific parts of our culture that contribute to a succesful society because they are things that have objective value outside of their cultural context.
>>
>>56392112
if you benefit from it
>>
>>56392451
just moving into an area of low resistance, probably escaping poverty back home. i just notice chinese areas near me are pretty decent even for poor american status, not a lot of visible crime.
>>
File: 1457999836491.gif (4 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1457999836491.gif
4 MB, 480x270
>Guys, lets move out from this shithole.
> comes to america and make your nation only districts your nation restaurants and flag.
> shill for your shithole sitting from 1st world built by white man
Nice
I cant really understand chink and armenian mind
>>
>>56392781
i think culture is in our dna. people naturally build a certain culture if enough of the same type gather in mass.
>>
>>56392989
newfag here
Whats story behind that shitty gif
>>
>>56392963
Because all of their crimes are towards other chinese and tax fraud. Victim chinks dont tell that to police because his family will be dead
Tax frauds cannot be seen by passerbys
>>
>>56392990
I disagree, or else I'd be speaking Italian and acting like a greasy olive oil man.

Culturally I'm Anglo because that's what I've been raised in.
>>
>>56392895
Well, I think it should be demanded from Mehmets and Dindus.
>>
>>56392916
Their religion conflicts with basic western values.
They want to exercise their own laws, they try to suppress others' freedom of speech, they look down on the country that looks after them.
And because the women get too much influenced by feminism, the men get a new generation of non-german speaking women out of their third world countries every time they need a marriage partner.
>>
>>56393032
Dont know 3-4 chinks beating 1 chink, that 1 chink loses and uses that baby as boomerang
>>
>>56393035
I know I'm an outsider so when I reflect I know nothing about their society.
>>56393036
that's not what i meant. consider people of the same race always group together.
>>
>>56393032
The man starts a fight, a crowd run in, the man runs and distract them by throwing the baby away.
Literally Chinese high IQ that you can't understand their high and perfect logic.
>>
>>56393046
And these are exactly the kind of cultural traits people should be expected to lose in a multiethnic society.
>>
>>56392112
Why do you guys never include your definition of multiculturalism when you ask these questions?
>>
>>56393068
Race doesn't necessarily produce culture, environment does, or else Koreans and Japs would have the same culture.

I don't want to get too in depth, but in anthropology they study how being around different terrain and resources affects what cultures develop, something as simple as being near a river affects what culture develops. You can even predict what a culture will be like based on whats in the environment around a group of people.
>>
>>56393060
>>56393084
damn, chinks should be never allowed out of class.
>>
>>56393146
This.
Our dictator wanted to build dome Astana because fuck that winter we have the most coldest capital.
But our creative class=creaqlues chimped out on internet and tv
>>
>>56392345
Yes. Merkel should give every Syrian refugee a European wife. We need real practical solutions like these.
>>
>>56393234
No, obviously I meant Merkel should give every refugee a Han wife.
>>
A multicultural society isn't a society anymore.
>>
>>56393146
interesting shit man.
>>
>>56392112
Between Westerners, yes it is good.
>>
Multiculturalism is overrated. It can be pulled off but requires conscious effort to manage race relations. Fact is humans have a very tribal instinct and will tend to bunch together with their own race. You literally need to teach the different races to live and let live and compromise. Life is easier if you were less diverse.

If you go on the premise that it is possible to pretend these tribal differences don't exist racial conflict is nearly inevitable.

Singapore literally has to enforce quotas in residential districts and schools to force different races to mingle.

Being multicultural is like sitting on explosives and being very careful to not let anyone start a fire.
>>
>>56393146
that takes thousands of years. i'm talking about diaspora.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.