[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese people plz halp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Sup /int/. I am currently writing a course work about "the sense of duty in Japanese society". In other words it concerns such terms as On, Giri, Gimu. And it would be really helpful for me to get some information from native Japanese about these things. How you feel about it, how you can explain it to the foreigners, how it affects your life. Or maybe you can show me the places (meaning websites) where I can ask this question. Or some sources to read. Anything would do. I speak a little Japanese, but of course it would be more convinient if you reply in Englsh. Thanks.

こんにちは、日本人。今 「恩・義理・義務」に関して作文を書いているから、日本人からこのことについてご解説をもらいたいと思います。例えば、このことをどう感じていますか?外国人にどういう風に説明しますか?日本人の日常生活をどのような影響を与えますか?何か私がその質問が出来る日本ネットのウェブサイトを見せることもいいですよ。何か本や資料。。なんでもいい。日本語が下手ですから、英語で一番便利ですが、日本語もいいです。お願いします。
>>
>>56309419
>native Japanese
4chan is the place. Yes
>>
>>56309419
>恩・義理・義務
うん、裏切りを常とし、恩をただで返すロシア人にとっては縁がなさそうな言葉だね。
>>
>>56309495
These Japanese Threads here are rather lively.
>>
>>56309419
>恩義理義務
I think they make Japanese unhappy.They are out of dated thougts
>>
>>56309525
Russians know what duty is, I just want to learn about its specific form in Japan.
>>56309764
So they are still strong in society?
>>
>>56309887
>I just want to steal about its specific form in Japan.*
fixed
>>
>>56309419
>義務
This is what I fucking hate.
often a term used by some arrogant and old-minded faggots imposing undocumented chores/what they don't want to do on weaker guys.
>>
>>56309419
those all are about being a wageslave.
>>56309495
this. on top of that /int/ is the worst kind of place to ask such a question. you could get better answers on more normie places like lang-8.
>>
>>56309887
>So they are still strong in society
Among old people,yes.
I feel Japanese peope,particularly in young generations are gradually westernized.
Their basic thought is this,"I work as much as you pay".In there head,there are no thougts such as 恩義理義務,there is only contraction
>>
>>56309419
仕事に対する考え方が日本人と西洋人は違うと感じることがある
給与に見合う労働をするのが合理的な考え方なのかもしれないが、日本では高い質で仕事を成し遂げたいとか、組織の調和を優先したいと考える人が多いと思う
義務とは少し話がそれてしまったかな?
>>
>>56310164
>this. on top of that /int/ is the worst kind of place to ask such a question. you could get better answers on more normie places like lang-8.
This was also what I was asking for. Some place where I could find the information. It would be strange if I started sending messages to Japanese in FB, wouldn't it?
>>
>>56310801
japanese people in FB dont speak english at all, and even ones can speak it would be upset if you suddenly sent them a mail.
reddit isnt good too. theres a subreddit that is available in japanese but the users are mostly former 2ch users, so its basically the same as these /int/ faggots.

lang-8, which is an english learner site owned by a japanese company, might be better for you. one of the cons is that they are too fucking normies, and its for the learners, not for an actual communication. though imo still they would give somewhat decent answers to your questions. at least they are surely close to actual japanese irl and by far better and kinder than /int/ards. i hate that site and will never use it though lol.

and sometimes ive came across some unknown sites like that kind of english learning sites where japanese and non japanese talk each other, when i google something english related to learn/research about it.
anyway those learners sites are good for you i guess.
>>
>>56309419

恩 is a favor that you owe/do someone.
If you owe someone a favor, you should requite it when said person is in need of help, and the mild obligation is referred to as 義理.
義務 is duty, often required by law or social norm, which is a strong obligation that you must fulfill.

Probably, 義理 is something of which the Japanese and Americans/Europeans including Russians have a bit different concept.
Some Japanese people like >>56309525, for example, are butthurt about the Soviet invasion of Manchuria because the USSR broke not only the neutral treaty (=義務) but also 義理 -- They think like: Japan didn't invade Russia when Germany invaded there, and so Russia should've observed the treaty.
>>
>>56312749
Thanks, maybe I should try this lang-8.
>>56312776
Wow, that explanation was really helpful, thank you.
>>
>>56312776
And what do Japanese think about Americans then? I mean, these guys nuked you. And then wrote your constituion. And then didn't leave Okinawa. And you still like them?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.