[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything as dumb and outdated as DST is in your cunt?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Daylight-Saving-Spring-Forward.jpg (43 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Daylight-Saving-Spring-Forward.jpg
43 KB, 620x349
Is there anything as dumb and outdated as DST is in your cunt?
>>
Albertans
>>
wait is it today
>>
>>56277440

I remember tricking a bunch mericucks that that DST was ending a few weeks early last autumn. They were late to their mcjobs and got fired :DDD
>>
>>56277490
No
>>
>>56277490

Tomorrow
>>
>>56277490

In murrica.
>>
>>56277523

They couldn't be late because during the Fall you set your clocks BACK an hour, so if anything they would have been an hour early to work.
>>
>>56277682

... are you really this fucking retarded?
>>
>>56277752

>Swede tells America DST is ending at 8PM
>American sets clock to 7PM before going off to sleep with plans to wake up at 6 for work
>American wakes up at ACTUALLY 5 thinking it's 6
>Shows up to work an hour early
>>
>>56277961

I ask you again: are you really, actually, this fucking retarded?
>>
>>56277961
>shows up at work at 10 (thinks it's 9)
>was supposed to show up at 9

Idiot.
>>
>>56278066

I really don't see where you're getting at. In the Fall you set time back an hour so if it's 6AM it would have been 5AM if DST wasn't a thing.

They would've shown up an hour early.
>>
>>56277682
>>56277961
Fucking Yankees
>>
>>56278191
But you don't set forward in the fall, dumbass.
>>
>>56278191

That's in the spring, your story was in the Fall.
>>
File: laughing reaper.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
laughing reaper.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>56278272
>But you don't set forward in the fall, dumbass.

Exactly. I'm sorry, I just... I can't get over how poorly your brain is working right now.
>>
>>56278247
If you set it back one hour it would've been one hour forward. Idiot
>>
>>56278342

I'm thinking with the logic that you were wrong, and now you're trying to pass it off as an attempt at trolling instead of admitting you were wrong.

Spring Forward, Fall Back.
>>
>>56278308
>the real time is 6 o'clock
>you set it one hour back so it's 5 o'clock for you
>you go to work when it's 6 o'clock according to your clock
>it's actually 7 o'clock and you're late
>>
>>56278367

When DST ends you set the clocks back one hour, so what would have been 9AM yesterday is now 10AM today
>>
>>56278470

If it was spring, you'd be correct, but >>56277523
story was about the FALL when it ends and you set clocks BACK an hour.
>>
>>56278431
>>56278504
>>56278571

You people are just incredibly dense. So I'm going to tell you a story.

There once was an American named Pedro. Pedro worked at McDonald's, where his shift started at 9:00 AM sharp. Pedro was not a very clever man. Anyone could do his job, so it was important that he was on time everyday, or he'd be fired immediately. He always made sure to set his alarm clock for 8:00, so that he had more than enough time to get to work. But one night before going to bed, Pedro made a dire mistake. He was convinced that tonight was the night that DST ended. So what did Pedro do? He sets his clock back one hour and goes to bed at midnight as usual, for exactly eight hours of blissful sleep. His alarm beeps at 8:00 sharp. While he's sitting on the toilet painfully trying to evacuate last night's burrito, worried that it's going to make him late for work, his cellphone rings. "Hello?", Pedro says, confused as to who'd be calling him at 8:15 in the morning. "Yo Pedro, this be Shaneekwa, yo' lazy assus' boss nigger! Where the fuck you at??". Pedro, confused, asks Shaneekwa if she's gotten the shifts mixed up, since his shift always starts at 9:00 AM, and it's only 8:15. "Don't they's fucking teach you tell time in Mexico? It's 9:15 and yo' ass is late for the last time!", Shaneekwa informs him. Pedro had never been late for work in his life. But Shaneekwa's domineering demeanor makes him nervous. "B-but... D-daylight savings time ended last night, didn't it? We set our clocks back one hour? Right?", Pedro pleads. "You one stupid ass cracka, Pedro. Daylight savings dun' end for three weeks! Yo' ass is FIRED!", Shaneekwa yells before she hangs up the phone. Pedro thinks about it. Could she be right? Pedro, dumbfounded, stares at his iPhone. The display clearly says 9:17 AM. Relief washes over him as the bloody remains of his folk cuisine rush out of him and sullies the waters below, as the SWAT team break his door down and shoot him point-blank.
>>
>>56277490
in America, yes
>>
>>56280076
GST is in a lot of cunts outside of America though.
>>
>>56280049

Your story applies to the Spring, but not to the Fall.
>>
thanks I almost forgot
>>
>>56282834
>Your story applies to the Spring

No, it doesn't. How can you be this stupid? I don't understand. What is it that confuses you so?
>>
Who the fuck sets clocks anymore? Everything I own either syncs time from the internet or a radio signal from NIST
>>
>>56283112

I still own a batter powered clock JUST IN CASE.

I know if all power goes out in my apartment and my phone dies and my laptop doesn't have power, I'll still have my battery clock ringing
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.