[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Official unfair competition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: udon.jpg (75 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
udon.jpg
75 KB, 600x563
A Japanese manager "I opened a <Udon> (one of the traditional noodle of Japan; common name) restaurant in Spain."
→ Spanish company "<Udon> is our registered trademark. Do not use that name."
→ The Japanese manager closed that restaurant.
No one except that company can manage an Udon restaurant in Spain.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCsx5wCgSrn/
https://twitter.com/noodlesandfun

I thought that Chinese (and Korean) government was the only government that permits that monopoly technique.
If that is a popular technique in the world, I want to be rich by registering the name like "pasta", "pizza", or "curry" or some common name.
In Japan, it isn't permitted. Can I become rich with that monopoly method in your country?
>>
File: spain_udon7.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
spain_udon7.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
>>56269785
use a logo of the Japanese flag lol
>>
>>56269785

>udon

Never heard of, desu

>in the world, I want to be rich by registering the name like "pasta", "pizza", or "curry" or some common name.

Except that udon isn't a common name here and it doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>56269785
Why can't he just call the restaurant by some name that's not Udon? Or call the noodles by some other name, like Japaghetti.
>>
>>56270587
>reading comprehension

Great job Spain, showing your laziness yet again.
>>
>>56269785
>I thought that Chinese (and Korean) government was the only government that permits that monopoly technique.
wut
>>
>>56269785
>I thought that Chinese (and Korean) government was the only government that permits that monopoly technique.
Intellectual property exists in most countries.
>>
>>56270992

Enlighten me, oh smart Shitland.
>>
>>56271058
I heard Gundum was registered by Korean company in Korea.
>>
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 1017x868) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 1017x868
>>56269785
like this
>>
>>56271571
That was opposite case.
Bandai "S.K company sells some toys which named Gundum without our permission."
S.K company "<Gundum> is the common name like <Robot> , so I can use that name to my toy."
S.K court " Yes, <Gundum> is common name."

But Bandai seems to won that case at final judgment.

>>56271058
And talking about "registering a common name as a trademark", Korean gov seems to have rejected it eventually. So I have to apologize to Korean.
(That is a reality that there are so many Hometown Decision at the trademark trial in S.K though.)
>>
>>56269785

no, greece does this too, they're the only ones allowed to produce feta cheese, canada is allowed too but we can't call it feta cheese
>>
>>56269785
The Japanese manager should be fine, the trademark "udon" is being used in different categories of goods and services.

Udon as a restaurant firstly cannot be registered as a trademark in respect of food, as it is a generic term.

Secondly, udon the Spanish company (not related to food) cannot claim infringement of a mark as they are being used in relation to different things.
>>
>>56273640
Oh, Greece...

>>56274110
>udon the Spanish company (not related to food)

Sorry, my explanation seems to be insufficient.
the URL "https://twitter.com/noodlesandfun " is not the URL of the restaurant of Japanese manager, but that URL belongs to the Spanish company which manages the Udon restaurant named "Udon". (Like a Pizza restaurant which named "Pizza")
>>
>>56271371
Not his fault you didn't read the post. It doesn't matter whether you've heard of udon or not, OP was talking about a patent.
>>
File: cupuaçu.png (127 KB, 810x599) Image search: [Google]
cupuaçu.png
127 KB, 810x599
>>56269785
>In Japan, it isn't permitted
Did Japan change its laws recently?
>>
>>56269785
Can it be bypassed by writing ud*n instead?
>>
File: kishimen01.jpg (213 KB, 680x420) Image search: [Google]
kishimen01.jpg
213 KB, 680x420
sell kishimen
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 400x299) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 400x299
>>56269785
Somen™ with mackerel is very delicious. Sell this
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.