[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people learn Japanese?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: g77Q7L6.jpg (476 KB, 1597x948) Image search: [Google]
g77Q7L6.jpg
476 KB, 1597x948
Don't they think they are wasting their time? I did for one year and i know people who do, none of them have gained ANYTHING from doing so apart from being considered a bit weird.

If you want to spend 5 years learning a language why not pick a more useful one like Mandarin?

Japan isn't an important country and won't be in the future, you won't be able to work, live or become Japanese because they don't want you to as they dislike non-Japanese people
>>
>>56238029
If it takes you 5 years to learn a language, you have autism.
>>
>>56238029
Japan is the 3# economy in the world and the only first world country in asia
>>
Because I enjoy it you nigger.
>>
>>56238029
I actually want to do it so i can get into japanese games, there is some good media to be consumed that comes from the country, even if i never end up actually going there
>>
>>56238029
do you need a reason apart from personal satisfaction and scholarly pursuit?

>>56238101
master*
>>
>>56238029
I read manga and some Japanese books so I want to read in native language
>>
>>56238029
>I did for one year and i know people who do, none of them have gained ANYTHING from doing so
Why did you bother in the first place? You sound like a person who got ripped off in a sale.

>If you want to spend 5 years learning a language why not pick a more useful one like Mandarin?
If you want to deal with Japanese companies, being able to speak Japanese will assist that greatly. Exactly the same reason you say "learn mandarin".

>Japan isn't an important country and won't be in the future
Now you're just being ignorant, I sounds like you've never even to either Japan or China to know Japan's place in the world.

>you won't be able to work, live or become Japanese because they don't want you to as they dislike non-Japanese people
I'm doing exactly that, for the last 16 years. I'll never be considered Japanese but why would I want to? I'm not Asian and I don't care about being thought of as a brother if being thought of as a trustworthy friend. Why do people like you bring that up every time you post anti-Japan threads?
>>
>>56238029
FUCK OFF WE ARE FULL
>Japan isn't an important country
YES
>and won't be in the future
YES
>you won't be able to work
YES
> live or become Japanese because they don't want you to as they dislike non-Japanese people
YES
http://news.tbs.co.jp/newseye/tbs_newseye2723814.html
>>
>>56238101
The language is classed at 2.2k class hours for good proficiency, and that isn't mastery. That is years and years

>>56238119

Taiwan Singapore and SKorea are all first world and are probably more pleasant to live in.

Japan is the 3rd largest for how long it probably has one of the worst outlooks in the world. its has utterly failed to not be insular, take up modern business practice or sustainable work. Japan is setting itself up for the 2020 Olympics before fading into terminal obscurity

And who cares if its "1st world" what use is that to learn the language? The , you can holiday with English or basic. They wont respect you for learning good Japanese if anything they might think you are odd.

Either way it won't help you get a job at that
>>
>>56239381
>2.2k hours
>years and years
>>
>>56239076
herro engrish teacher san how is it like being the bottom of society just to fulfil your asian fetish?

Why would want to deal with Japanese companies no one actually does you know, at least that actually applies with Mandarin
>>
Because i like it?
I have the right to learn anything i want.
>>
Op seems like an insecure weeb who doesn't want to be see as one so he shitpost against Japan.
>>
no choice
>>
>>56238029
It sounds like to me that you're saying this just to demotivate other Japanese learners for a better chance of your getting hired in a good position.

Japanese isn't a global standard language, but objectively more relevant than most non-colonialist European languages or needless to say third world ethnic languages.
It's also important to know it's pretty easy for Chinese speakers or people with a Chinese knowledge to learn Japanese as they already know the basic characters and their meanings although it's clearly not for you native English speakers.
>>
File: 1457674119209.jpg (28 KB, 311x300) Image search: [Google]
1457674119209.jpg
28 KB, 311x300
>>56239237
>FUCK OFF WE ARE FULL
More like empty jej
>>
>>56238029
>why not pick a more useful

His motivation for leaning other language is money.
Disgusting
>>
>>56239524
Well, I already know 4 languages so it doesn't bother me to add one more. By the way, if you want to thrive in China so much, you don't have to know Mandarin as long as you are a white and speak English.
>>
>>56238029
As the world is now I don't need to know any language but English, so why not learn one for fun?
>>
I don't really see any reason to learn Japanese either. I started learning as I though I might go to school in Nipland but then that tanked out and now I know a bunch of random words and remember a few basic phrases. Most people said I was better off.

Cool language though.
>>
Japan is a bigger economy than UK.
>>
>>56241348
It has twice as many people as-well. The UK is still far far more important than Japan for international trade/business just because we have a modern and open economy
>>
>>56241996
Well...it's more like your country can't stand without accepting foreign capital because of its teeny-tiny domestic market.

Banking was the only way to survive left for the UK after its heavy engineering and manufacturing industry was devastated.
>>
>>56238029
may as well ask why does any one learn Gaelic, dead meme language. Why does any one learn a nordic language, they all speak english any ways.

Japan is a great country to visit, interesting culture and vast media to to consume when you reach that level.

Chinese media doesn't interest me and mandarin has no use in my field (nor does Japanese for that matter).
>>
>>56238101
Let's just disregard 200 years of professional translators explaining the difficult of learning Japanese fluently.
>>
>>56239520
http://www.japantoday.com/smartphone/view/opinions/why-you-shouldnt-learn-japanese
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.