[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best career to get into in Australia if you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: pleasekillme.jpg (5 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
pleasekillme.jpg
5 KB, 276x183
What is the best career to get into in Australia if you're a failure and good at nothing?
>>
>>56208868
Shitposting
>>
just be yourself.
>>
>>56208868
Abo rights activist
>>
>>56208868
>a failure and good at nothing

This could probably be used to describe most of the office drones in your cunt. The difference is that they know people.
>>
politics
>>
get in a time machine and go mining back in 2007

my cousin did that from 07 to 12, now has a house that's paid off with a baby on the way and gets good money using the licenses he got out in WA on construction sites here in Sydney.
>>
>>56208942
This senpai
>>
>>56208942
Wow this !
>>
Why couldn't I be good at mathematics or science just fucking kill me.
>>
Teaching

If you can't hack that then special needs teacher

You don't need to know that much to grade finger painting do you
>>
You are good at something, OP. It's just you haven't explored your talents thoroughly enough just yet. Keep trying and you'll get there. Don't give up.
>>
Join the defence force or some shit.

They teach you a lot of skills that are applicable in the civilian work force, and it would look great on your resume.
>>
You have all the requisites to become a New Zealand citizen, OP
>>
>>56209374
this guy's a faggot

>>56209408
military is complete fucking shit unless you want to be a lifer and then it's still completely shit

go learn a trade
>>
you can make $1000 p/w with fuck all rent costs if you work on farms in victoria.

t. moving to an almond farm in nyah west in 2 months and shall be doing so.
>>
>>56210045
Not a faggot, I have a gf. Just think it's important to encourage people
>>
>>56210103
I'm sorry, you're trying to be nice, which is a good thing
>>
>>56210126
I believe in the renaissance man. A person is capable of so much. So if you think you're not good at anything, that means you're not looking.
>>
>>56210173
thank you very much I wish I didn't stuff around so much in school now I'm borderline retarded and have no ambition to do anything I want to get into IT and eventually become a system admin but all the IT jobs I see want you to have years of experience even if they're beginner.

>>56210045
I think a trade is my only option I tried university but assignments and shit I can't take 4 more years of that after all of school.
>>
>>56210045
>free health
>free dental
>defence housing
>60k p/a at private rank after employment training
>min 4 years service

>fucking shit

If you seriously think that's shit, you obviously haven't been on centrelink or some shitty retail job for a few months. There's literally nothing wrong with military if you like it.
>>
>>56210326
I would do the military but I have type 2 diabetes partly because genetics and partly because shitty eating as a kid.
>>
>>56210326
I think I managed to do every shit low skilled job imaginable by the time I was 20.

>There's literally nothing wrong with military if you like it.

You have to be fucked in the head to like it. The ones that get out talk about how it was a waste of time and they got treated like children and the ones that stay have serious mental issues and are hyper aggressive.
>>
>>56210401
>You have to be fucked in the head to like it. The ones that get out talk about how it was a waste of time and they got treated like children and the ones that stay have serious mental issues and are hyper aggressive.

All I hear is a a bunch of softcocks and not enough patriotism. Heaps of my family have been in the army and navy and thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was fine. The only complaint I've ever heard about military is that its not any easier to get a job once you return to civilian life, but its hardly impossible.
>>
>>56210401
I have NEVER met anyone who has described the military like you did, and I have met a lot of people in the military.
>>
Cant you always become a carpenter?
>>
>>56210552
I'm thinking of doing plumbing but a few blokes I talked to said not to one said he did 4 years apprenticeship then had to do another 2 to get his gas fitter licence but I could always do an apprenticeship and have it for life and if I don't like it just become a police officer.
>>
>>56210530

The biggest issue with ex-military are the guys who spend alot of time in the service and can't let it go once they come out.
>>
Any office plankton job, they don't require any talents at all. There are "career orientation days" in my hotel when every staff member work on other place for one day. I failed only accounting because it require some knowledge about account types, entries, debit-credit shit and stuff. Sales, PR, marketing, HR, procurement/logistics and any entry-level managenent position like maid supervisor or restaraunt manager is easy without any actual talent, experience or education.
>>
English teacher in south korea

yep that's how bad it is
>>
>>56210801

Police officer is rather competitive these days due to economy slowdown and the fact that law enforcement is a Hollywood glamour job that doesn't have the same educational requirements as other Hollywood "jobs" (lawyer, architect, marketing exec etc)
>>
File: Picard & Riker.gif (674 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
Picard & Riker.gif
674 KB, 245x180
>>56208868
>5KB
>>
>>56210988
It was a much bigger picture but given australian internet it just saves so small.
>>
>>56210969
I figured as much but I thought I could become one since I'm not a complete idiot, will have physical strength from doing an apprenticeship for 4 years but if I was a qualified plumber I probably wouldn't want to give that up to become a police officer given the pay and work difference I really don't know what I want to do with my life yet I'm only 18.
>>
>>56210969

Architecture is fucking shithouse job prospects-wise
>>
Become new Australia's mascot
>>
>>56211227

That is the point, certain occupations get featured into shows and movies more than others because they can easily be written into a script, this creates a glut in the number of people looking to get into professions with fuck all prospects because of the overexposure of said profession
>>
>>56211312

I just did it because my Dad is one and he taught me CAD from an early age

The IT crowd, Mr. Robot and Silicone valley better not fuck over Compsci for me
>>
>>56208868

come to england and be a bar man in one of the major cities, that seems to happen a lot, those aussie lads are neck deep in britslags
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.