[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do Italian-Americans and / or native Italians find the Sopranos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: the-sopranos.jpg (144 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
the-sopranos.jpg
144 KB, 1024x768
Do Italian-Americans and / or native Italians find the Sopranos to be racist?
>>
>>56193660
do italian-brazilians count too?
anyways, regardless of that i don't think anyone would consider it racist
>>
>>56193717
not really, italian-americans and italo-brasileiros have totally diferent realities. while in the usa most part of the immigrants were from the south in brazil was from the north.
plus nobody here have any actual racism towards italians
>>
>>56193660
>native Italians
No one watched it
>>
File: 1386089425169.png (1 MB, 970x937) Image search: [Google]
1386089425169.png
1 MB, 970x937
>Junior wasn't his favorite character
>>
>>56193830
this
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88 KB, 1920x1080
>>56193892

Uncle June was so fucking perfect of a character.

My favorite Uncle June moment?

>"Wanna' hear a joke? Okay, so this Chinaman goes to the eye doctor. Doctor tells him 'Sir, you've got a cataract.' The Chinaman looks back at the eye doctor and says 'What? I drive a Rincoln Continental!'"
>>
>>56193660
The ones that consider italo-americans italians are not italians for sure.
>>
>>56193660
Literally nobody cares
>>
>>56193660
overrated show
>>
>>56193830
>>56194027
>>56194594
>>56194662

Why are you lot so bitter about Italian Americans

Btw it's one of the greatest tv series of all time , with in my opinion the greatest tv character of all time - you should give it a go
>>
>>56195491
Give me one reason i should watch an american show about something that's supposedly my culture
>>
>>56195491
>Why are you lot so bitter about Italian Americans
We're not. We don't like the fact that Italian American culture is considered Italian culture in America.
>>
>>56195541

It's not your culture, it's American culture. The reason to watch the show is that it's the best tv show ever made.
>>
>>56195541

It's not a show about Italian culture , it's Italian American culture and east coast American life in general

You should watch it because it is a universally acclaimed show , which can legitimately be said have changed television reprogramming
>>
>>56195708
>It's not a show about Italian culture , it's Italian American culture
Which is the same thing to most people, also thanks to shows like this
>You should watch it because it is a universally acclaimed show
Fair enough but i don't watch things because people say they are good, i watch them because i like the plot, theme or something
>>
>>56195810
>Which is the same thing to most people, also thanks to shows like this
The show goes out of its way to show how distant they are from Italian culture.
>>
>>56195810
I would honestly give it a.watch mate, even just the first season and i can bet you will be hooked

I'm not all that into to Mafia /crime genre either - but the sopranos is totally different , Tony alone will keep you hooked to it
>>
Italians are the most butthurt users on /int/ I know the faggots are always crying about muh culture go cuddle your mama and eat some more spice meatbal you pussies.
>>
>>56196149
KHAN'D
>>
>>56196149
FUCK YOU NIGGER ABO CONVICT
>>
>>56196149
agreed. Italians are dumb as hell.
>>
Inb4 SHUT THE DOOOOOOOO
>>
File: 1457474421832.png (792 KB, 766x766) Image search: [Google]
1457474421832.png
792 KB, 766x766
This native Neapolitan ALPHA MALE would rekk both of you in a second.
>>
>>56196362

He was a huge cuck and you know it, faggot.
>>
>>56196149
this desu
>>
>>56197032
How was he Cuck?

Actually to all the Italian fags in this thread they do an episode where the Jersey gangsters go Italy and are so lost. I love when Paulie is like, "where's the tomato sauce?"
>>
CARMELLA WOULD YOU PLEASE GET THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOR?
>>
>>56195810
The Sopranos is an existential character study that explores the inherently destructive patterns of human relationships, that nails the way people interact beyond any other show. Characters are so occupied in their own little worlds, they lie to each other constantly but this isn't laid explicitly for the audience. The show is also about generation rifts, nostalgia, the human capacity to change, determinism, free will, the decline of the mafia as an allegory for America's decline and the American cultural zeitgeist at the turn of the 21st century. It's also about human mortality, the fact that we're so caught up in everyday trivial activities as opposed to what's truly fleeting in life. Of course, there are themes of identity, religion, morality etc. The show encompasses the multi-faceted nature of life better than anything ever filmed, it's surreal, realistic, mundane, exciting, depressing, hilarious, tense, melancholic, zany, riveting, evocative. The show is structurally playful, defying all expectations, neither purely serialized nor episodic, it constantly asks questions to the audience. It's cinematic yet not flashy, it's philosophical, self-aware and longue duree. Gandolfini expresses every range of human emotion in his role as Tony Soprano and ascends beyond the confines of the genre to give a character truly human. The Sopranos is the greatest television show of all time.
>>
>>56198913

Gotta' be honest..

Wasn't expecting this level of analysis from Trinidad and Tobago
>>
File: 12312312313123.jpg (25 KB, 355x351) Image search: [Google]
12312312313123.jpg
25 KB, 355x351
>>56196362
>italian character
>huge cuck nose
>>
>>56193660
It's no more racist than Breaking Bad. Seriously who gives a shit?
>>
File: 1428546722115.jpg (130 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1428546722115.jpg
130 KB, 800x800
>>56193660
Nah, if it was racist towards them we'd have no way to know, we have nothing in common apart from them trying to squabble our words
It didn't seem racist though, it's about mafia people talkin with mafia people, why would it have many non-mafiosi?

If anything it was the opposite, too much crying about racism towards them when they pretty much all deserved it
>>
no because there really is no identity there to target at this point
>>
>>56198913
>CARMELA WILL YOU PLEASE SHUT THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

>The Sopranos is an existential character study that explores the inherently destructive patterns of human relationships, that nails the way people interact beyond any other show. Characters are so occupied in their own little worlds, they lie to each other constantly but this isn't laid explicitly for the audience. The show is also about generation rifts, nostalgia, the human capacity to change, determinism, free will, the decline of the mafia as an allegory for America's decline and the American cultural zeitgeist at the turn of the 21st century. It's also about human mortality, the fact that we're so caught up in everyday trivial activities as opposed to what's truly fleeting in life. Of course, there are themes of identity, religion, morality etc. The show encompasses the multi-faceted nature of life better than anything ever filmed, it's surreal, realistic, mundane, exciting, depressing, hilarious, tense, melancholic, zany, riveting, evocative. The show is structurally playful, defying all expectations, neither purely serialized nor episodic, it constantly asks questions to the audience. It's cinematic yet not flashy, it's philosophical, self-aware and longue duree. Gandolfini expresses every range of human emotion in his role as Tony Soprano and ascends beyond the confines of the genre to give a character truly human. The Sopranos is the greatest television show of all time.
>>
>>56199399
>CARMELA WOULD YOU PLEASE SHUT THE DOOOOOOOOOOOR

But that's how people act in real life sometimes... sereiously do you think because /tv/ made a meme out of one line of the show it means the whole show is a shitty meme?

What's your problem? Why are you so insecure about Italian-Americans? Nobody thinks they're real Italians, they're an American ethnic group. Like someone else said, the show goes out of it's way to show how many lower class Italian Americans are uncultured and annoyingly American Italian-Americans are compared to actual Italians and the mob in Italy.

Stop being sucha little faggot, Jesus Christ
>>
>>56200122
>But that's how people act in real life sometimes
Gee thanks

>Why are you so insecure about Italian-Americans?
Where did you take that from? Are you that offended at the idea that we don't have much in common that you take my post as a personal insult?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.