[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do Canadians think of the Queen? I watched a Vice news
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
What do Canadians think of the Queen?

I watched a Vice news video after the Trudeau election and this guy said he hated the Queen and wanted Canada to become a republic. Is he representative of most Canadians?
>>
be honest lads
would you have had sex with the queen in her prime?
>>
>>56158194
No, I would say the majority of Canadians like the Queen, or don't really care about her enough to say anything bad about her. Most of the salt comes from Quebec to be honest.
>>
>>56158206
Yes I would
>>
No, he's not representative. Most of us simply don't care and are content with the status quo. Trudeau's election hasn't had any impact on this, as this has been the prevailing view throughout my life.

Actual recognition and celebration of our British heritage in the public consciousness, now that's something that is all but gone down the drain.
>>
>>56158226
>>56158257
Is being proud of your British heritage seen as a bad thing because muh diversity or has it just faded naturally? Your mounties and military people still wear red coats and kilts which is pretty British.
>>
>>56158331
pretty sure being proud of one's heritage is illegal in toronto
>>
>>56158331
Not really I don't think, it's mostly a thing of the past except for military and government positions. I think a lot of people forget where their ancestors came from due to watering down or mix racing, so we don't really have a secondary British identity anymore, gotta love multiculturalism...
>>
File: beaver.jpg (25 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
beaver.jpg
25 KB, 350x300
>>56158194
Personally I like the Queen and the connection to Britain. I imagine most people think nothing of it, though. Too much American influence.

Most of our shitty tabloids have stories about the royal family, though, so they enjoy some level of popularity here. And whenever something happens with them it always makes the real news.
>>
>>56158331
I wouldn't say there has been any sort of concerted campaign against Britishness in Canada, it's something that simply began disappearing after the Balfour Declaration and our growing closeness with the US during and after WWII.

Heirlooms of British heritage are everywhere, you're right. Street names, our institutions, our important historical figures, our entire military tradition, etc., etc., are all British in origin. But in terms of the public consciousness, it's simply not there any more. Most Canadians no longer have a special sentimentality for Britain that we had in my parents' day.
>>
>>56158478
Us and Canada have always been first
>>
>>56158206
Yeah, I have shagged worse and enjoyed it.
>>
>>56158520
Close
>>
>>56158331
They cancelled empire days in my hometown because the SJWs pressured the mayor and he said if they didn't change it to heritage days and let natives join he'd defund it
http://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news/294277461.html

but we still do guy fawkes night. pretty much all of BC does.

They even did a guy fawkes night in edmonton where I live now even though alberta was almost enitrely settled with continentals, mostly germans and ukrainians.

They didn't burn the scarecrow though they just had a bonfire and some fireworks. In British Columbia we usually string up a scarecrow and write "Guy Fawkes" on his torso with paint.

Back east though in ontario they hate their british heritage. They don't even celebrate Queen Victoria Day they just call it May 24th and make it a holiday about drinking 24 beers.
>>
File: Princess-Elizabeth-now-Qu-008.jpg (25 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Princess-Elizabeth-now-Qu-008.jpg
25 KB, 460x276
Such a qt
>>
>>56158610
Wew, I didn't know Canadians did Guy Fawkes night not even the Scots celebrate that.
>>
>I watched a Vice news video

wew
>>
>>56158206
>in her prime

Honestly, if I had the opportunity I probably would now. It would be awkward but I'd do it anyway.
>>
>>56158256
There was an episode of Peep Show where the guy fapped to a pound note.
>>
>>56158331
I'm. Proud of Canada's British heritage and I'm a Paki. I always stand tall during the National anthem and I like the Queen on our coin and I think the British traditions we inherited are pretty nice. Also. I feel proud knowing that we have great role models such as Maura second.
>>
>>56159849
Meant to say Laura Secord*
>>
>>56158194
>Vice video
Vice is pretty damn liberal, so its biased if you ask me
>Trudeau
Is a Quebecois so of crouse he hates the queen

>As for me
It was fun and all but we don't owe shit to crown anymore, helped them twice in the world wars
Not denying what they did for us, but it was time for us to leave

In other words she means nothing to me, but am from quebec as well, so doesn't mean much. Am not some kind of anti anglo either
>>
>>56158194
she's a total babe.
would do 10/10
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 1280x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 1280x640
>>56158331
Well at least for us natives. We don't identify with the brits or french at ALL. If one goes out of the way to say we have British heritage, he'd be looked down upon. We at least try to revive our identity that you guys literally tried to eliminate. If we had to identify with a nation, if anything we'd simply identify as "Canadian". We're not brits, we're not '3rd generation immigrants'. We're native.
I know we're frowned upon by the populace, because of some select few natives who do stupid shit. But at least we can identify with SOMETHING, regardless.
The
>canadian """"""culture""""""
Meme has no effect on me.

I personally don't like brits or frenchies asking this question. Which i guess would be kinda obvious after my little rant. Sorry for chewing your ear off bud. It's just I get a little (for a lack of a better word) 'patriotic' when i get to this topic.
I'm not tryna hate or anything m8. Sorry again
>>
>>56158660
>Crooked teeth/10

would bang
>>
>>56160732
>MUH HERITAGE!!!!
t. 1/64 native
>>
File: JUST.jpg (16 KB, 465x425) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
16 KB, 465x425
>mfw austrilia, canada and new zealand become republics
>>
File: 1447098294484.jpg (130 KB, 680x497) Image search: [Google]
1447098294484.jpg
130 KB, 680x497
>>56158194
Personally I am proud of my British heritage and like to see us as a part of the commonwealth, though that may be because both my parents hail from Britannia
>>
>>56161844
The status quo is fine. The only one that would ever do it would be Australia, but it's not even likely to happen there anytime soon.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.