[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is El Salvador so violent? Over 2,000 murders so far this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: El Salvador war.png (1 MB, 971x780) Image search: [Google]
El Salvador war.png
1 MB, 971x780
Why is El Salvador so violent? Over 2,000 murders so far this year in a country of only 6.3 million people. London has 8.6 million and had 114 murders in all of 2015. Why don't cerotes just live in peace instead of constant murder?
>>
>>55989546
Cocaine. The Maras. Cartel influence
>>
>>55990122
Don't forget CIA backed civil war.
Them niggas literally started the Maras
>>
>>55990146
>Them niggas literally started the Maras

Get your head out of your ass.
>>
Maybe if we didn't fuck the hell out of Central America for 100 years they'd be in a better position and we would have to deal with their refugees
>>
>>55989546
WTF, I hate El Salvador now
>>
>>55990146
Take a look at who was backing the other side.
>>
>>55989546
Our drug demand causes criminal warfare.
>>
File: El Salvador prison.jpg (48 KB, 685x687) Image search: [Google]
El Salvador prison.jpg
48 KB, 685x687
>>55990218
But we fucked with Nicaragua just as much as El Salvador/Guatemala/Honduras. Nicaragua's murder rate is about 1/13th of El Salvador's rate.

US meddling didn't HELP El Salvador very much, but blaming it for the level of violence is an excuse. If American wars caused permanent damage, how does Vietnam have such a low murder rate today?
>>
>>55990177
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_squad#El_Salvador

Read a book faggot
>>
we would have turned all of central america into a toruistical paradise like we did with yucatan peninsula, but no, centracacas wanted independance
>>
>>55990264
It's easier to get away with violence in El Salvador. It's the same reason the cartels don't try to pull the shit they do in Mexico, here in the U.S.
>>
>>55990264
That's cause the contras never won.
>>
>>55990264
Nicaragua didn't have the Mexican Cartel/Mara infiltration and proliferation anywhere near as bad as El Salvador or Guatemala.
>>
>>55990278
You stupid motherfucker. Death squads were/are not Maras.
>>
>another place in which the US bullied small countries
Geee, I wonder.
>>
>>55990366
No, but that's in large part because they decided against it. The Nica military actually kills traffickers and makes life difficult for them. It doesn't try to have things both ways, favoring certain criminal groups, allowing them to spread like a cancer across society.

That was not a pre-determined outcome. That was a policy choice by local governments, and indirectly by their voters/supporters.

Nicaraguans demand that Ortega kills the narcos, so he does.

Why don't Salvadorans make the same demands on Sánchez Cerén?
>>
>>55990387
Nigga, the shit they caused led all the immigrants to come to LA, setting up their gangs. Same shit happened with the Cambodians
>>
>>55990278
MS-13 and 18th Street both originated in Los Angeles. When Salvadoran gang members got deported from the US they introduced their thing to El Salvador and it spread from there.
>>
>>55990450
18th ST was around for years before Salvadorans were up in numbers. MS originally formed because they were catching hell from the Mexicans. They got the 13 later on when they got hooked up in the Sureno car.

Your turn.
>>
>>55990531
Never said anything about 18.
I was talking about MS. Point still stands they wouldn't be there without the CIA backing up the Salvadorean government
>>
>>55990440
Interesting.

I've been looking at goings on closely for some years now at activity everywhere but Nicaragua. Looks like i have a new area to keep tabs on.
>>
>>55990576
Sombra Negra was doing a decent job of killing pandilleros in El Salvador in the late-90's, but then that corrupt fuck Francisco Flores got elected and things gradually went to hell.
>>
>>55990576
Your point is absolute jackshit.

All you can do is spout "CIA, CIA". Tell us sweetheart, who were the major players in the Salvadoran civil war? Don't google it. Answer off the top of your head. These things attract all kinds of factions and positions.
>>
>>55990696
What they need to do is to round up those without redemption and simply shoot them.
>>
>>55990761
U.S. vs Soviets cold war shit. With FMLN on one side and the government on the other. If your ignoring that U.S. Central American policy was based on blocking Soviet infiltration in the region you're deluded
>>
>>55990818
>FMLN on one side and the government

Look at who were backing both sides. "CIA.AIC" whatever the fuck is grade school drivel.
>>
So how does this get solved? How long can a country just put up with a civil war-level of violent crime?
>>
>>55990898
No easy solutions. If the government does nothing they get undermined on a local level. If they use a hard hand the heat would be too much.
>>
>>55990278
>Read a book
>Cites wikipedia.
>>
File: 1449966914528.gif (2 MB, 190x300) Image search: [Google]
1449966914528.gif
2 MB, 190x300
>>55989546
...Man WTF!
I want an M16!
These assholes are running around in slippers and they have M16's!
Where's mine?!
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.