[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's the latest product of Libya's civil war.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (461 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
461 KB, 2048x1365
Here's the latest product of Libya's civil war.
>>
>>55932094
And yes it's real
>>
nobody cares about libya

syria is the trendy civil war
>>
>>55932126
And yes the civil war is still going. Include ISIS as well.
>>
>>55932168
>ignoring the one place ISIS is expanding
>>
>>55932238
libya, yemen and syria are all in a civil war right now

syria is just much more relevant than the other 2
>>
>>55932283
>Libya with a larger population and way more oil isn't relevant

It's just because no politician in the west wants to remind themselves of Libya.
>>
>>55932386
it's mostly because russia, iran, the us and saudi arabia aren't directly involved in syria

syria has a lot more impact on the world than libya
>>
>>55932418
sorry i meant

>it's mostly because russia, iran, the us and saudi arabia aren't directly involved in libya
>>
Why can't north africans have a decent country to govern for chrissake?

It's either chaos there or they have to be subjugated by an undemocratic dictator.
>>
>>55932418
>syria has a lot more impact

Self-fulfilling prophecy. Libya has (had) a far larger economy and was the big story 2011-2012. Now it's the new chick even though they both started the same time.

I see the same thing in Yemen. You barely hear about it. It's all Russia russia russia bombs civilians russia kills moderates russia supports syria russia russia.
>>
>>55932470
imperialism causes division among a nation

it happened in algeria, libya, morroco...
>>
>>55932470
Tunisia is trying to go towards democracy, but they literally elected islamist-lite. It's yet to be seen if they can break away from the shitholes around them.
>>
>>55932492
i'm actually very interested in libya and it's civil war but it doesn't have the global players caught up in it

syria is a huge proxy war between russia and the us

then iran vs saudi

libya is more of a militia vs islamist vs unofficial govt
>>
>>55932492
>it's = Syria is the new chick

ISIS in Afghanistan is barely mentioned, and the same is true for Libya. Only Syria and Iraq.
>>
>>55932470
Isn't Tunisia fairly stable and nice?
>>
>>55932094
A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR
>>
>>55932576
Ayy we have special forces in Libya right now.

I mean, it already was a semi-proxy war in 2011. But now it is a wrecked nation so no one cares.

This is despite the fact a lot of non-Syrian refugees come from the area now.
>>
>>55932663

Came here to post this and you took it away from me.

LIQUIIIIIIIIID
>>
>>55932625
By Muslim standards, yes.
Thank French monetary help and forces.

But it is easy to get fucked up. Their low gas prices have hurt the government a lot and the economy is barely growing.
>>
>>55932595
ISIS in afghanistan isn't really a huge threat because the taliban already have the highest stake in islamist field

also the army has been battling the taliban back and forth while isis doesn't gain any influence nor ground

>>55932680
syria is a lot more important for the us

the govt needs to exert their dominance on russia/iran while the other side tries the same

and all those syrians die because of this
>>
>>55932751
They don't have much oil do they, that should keep both ISIS and the west out of them if they don't. And they're not really in a strategic position either.
>>
File: tamici.png (4 MB, 2140x1200) Image search: [Google]
tamici.png
4 MB, 2140x1200
Nice.
>>
>>55932787
The problem with revolution is that it always get coopted by ill-intentioned actors. It turns into a force of will without guidance and lashes out and hurts all.

Assad is going to win the war sometime later this year. I say August. They already effectively have, but the fall of Allepo and Idlib would be the real end.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 599x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 599x436
>>55932898
Libya produced some great stuff.

For example, bread head man.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 1000x568) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 1000x568
>>55932996
Whoops, Egypt.

At least I think that's Egypt.
>>
>>55932936
yeah i agree

the egyptian revolution was hijacked by the muslim brotherhood and therefore got morsi elected

now they're back to a military dictatorship under sisi

>>55932996
that's egypt
>>
>>55932283
>syria is just much more relevant than the other 2

which is completely wrong, as Lybia is much closer from western europe than Syria is, and has a fuck huge desert where they can hide and operate to mess with all the area

too bad european politicians can't see the obvious
>>
>>55933116
wew

What a fucking world

I truly think that the global economic and political system is set so that there is always a poor country and a rich country. In my opinion China threatens the old (Western nations and developing shitholes) relationship the most through its demand for commodities and willingness to build infrastructure abroad.

I went off on a tangent. But I have the feeling the populous Muslim nations will more or less remain oil exporting shitholes in the future. The current system is too good for the West to just let go.
>>
>>55933196
I agree. Libya also has (it was huge in 2010) a bigger economy than Syria. It also has about as many people.

Syria is more important because the Western politicians want it to drop its Russian/Iran alliance. No other reason to be there past humanitarian aid.
>>
fun's over lads, we're invading
>>
>>55933196
I remember when Green Libya used to post.

Guy was really nostalgic. Never saw him again, and the new flag looks like some ISIS shit.

What a shame. France/Britain/American politicians really fucked up Libya.
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 1070x816) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 1070x816
>>55932094
Sandpeople.

>>55933345
>Italian navy
Gaddafi wasn't kidding about turning Europe black.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.