[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about India without memes for a bit? India frustrates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
File: 634282020_VbHPW-L[1].jpg (199 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
634282020_VbHPW-L[1].jpg
199 KB, 800x600
Can we talk about India without memes for a bit?

India frustrates me to no end, they have the potential to be an incredible super power with their raw manpower and rich history, just like China, but they squander it.

Instead of creating modern industries, investing in education or infrastructure (plumbing for instance, and their power systems are just as underdeveloped) they waste the wealth of their nation by buying foreign businesses and companies and believing they will keep making money after they replace all the key players with Indians with no experience but are "from the right family". the money of india will flow rapidly out of it as these previously western companies fall and the west continues to create new companies. All their wealthy are more interested in rent seeking than wealth creation.

They keep all their worst cultural expectations such as a rigid caste system far worse than anything seen in Europe or even Asia right through antiquity, and have even reversed many of the social improvements from British colonialism. The entire country is regressive, backwards, incompetent, racist and more concerned with class, perception and petty trinkets and status/wealth symbols than real change or even actual individual achievements worthy of praise, they don't care as long as they feel important or get attention.

And the reason none of this will ever change is that they can't take any criticism. They are like children who can't accept that they have any faults. It's always somebody else's fault, it's always just "lies", "faked pictures", a "myopic view of India" ect.

This attitude of over-sensitivity will ensure that India never changes, because how can a nation possibly correct flaws that it can't admit exist?

the same way Australia will not fix it's employment crisis as long as people use the minimum standard of 3 hours of work a week as employment, or america will never fix it's black crime problem or Europe it's immigration issue.
>>
That's real fuckin neat anon
>>
>>55741694
Didn't read a word of this
>>
>>55743299
Ok Muhammad, thanks for sharing
>>
>>55741694
Sounds about right from my experience with Indians. Add to it the brain drain where most top graduates move away and never look back
>>
Tl;dr
>>
>>55743299
Curry looks like diarrhea
>>
>>55741694
Indians have the potential to be a very intelligent nation. It's just that they have to make the transition from traditional values to modern values before they can advance.

>And the reason none of this will ever change is that they can't take any criticism. They are like children who can't accept that they have any faults. It's always somebody else's fault, it's always just "lies", "faked pictures", a "myopic view of India" ect.
This is very true in many third-world countries.
>>
>>55741694
Of course, the caste system is the biggest issue that is hindering their growth. Get rid of that and the people will get their shit (No Pun intended here) together and fix the country.
>>
>>55741694
Thank you for caring, anon but may I add that it seems that your attitude is probably based on your interaction with the people who have immigrated from here (the easy escape route instead of deciding to stay here instead) and /int/ memes?
>>
>>55741694
I think all of the todays Indian problems came from Nehru's politics and neglect of developing own domestic industry, in early phase of India.
>>
>>55743799
>deflection
>not answering a single criticism but instead claiming that i have wrong information
>claiming India being a shithole of failed potential is a meme

Poetry
>>
>>55743799
And this idiot proves anon's points
>>
India > China t b h

That fucking drone mentality
>>
>>55749988
Yeah, I much prefer lazy shits who can't get anything done too lmao.
But hey, superpower by 2030.
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 640x1056) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 640x1056
>>55749988
They are number 1 in at least one aspect.
>>
>>55743477
damn you got a laughter out of me
>>
>>55741694
Imagine a country where people think they're entitled to something just for exisiting
Imagine a country full of idiots who think that 'its someone else's job'
Imagine a country where you start feeling that mediocrity is starting to become the norm.

I go to a pretty average college. My professor describes the 5 yearly meetings for syllabus review. Each year the syllabus is curtailed and diluted a little further. The professors from other colleges claim, 'The syllabus is too hard for students. You can't possibly expect them to remember all the stuff! They fail the exams and make the college reports look bad! Instead lets just shrink the syllabus.'

Any hope that I have in my country is worn off day by day by the actions of the people I share this place with.
>yell at people who spit tobacco everywhere, even out of buses onto cars and other people
>complain at a restaurant and get yelled at for expecting basic hygeine
>yell at people who ignore the traffic signals
>yell at people who litter everywhere
>yell at idiots who stare at my female friends
>not a shred of courtesy in anyone you try to talk to

The daily struggles are fucking tiring.
>>
>>55741694
However, I'm a Brahmin. You'll understand why I still believe that my caste is better. Most of our diaspora comes from the higher castes, regardless of their economic status which I think is the key player here. The people from the '''''''''lower castes'''''''' refuse to change, the people utilize nepotism, weak moral barriers, brute force, and less honorable work ethic and have polluted everything from education to government. The youth just go around as hooligans and sail through everything based on reservations and quotas. Most of them play loud music on festivals and do nothing productive. Yes, quality of individuals and their actions can be broadly generalized according to their castes and ethnicities. Yes everybody has friends from every caste and religion, no one is particularly worried if their ideals match. No you can't possibly judge us for disliking our own people when Australians are so bloody racist themselves.

Most of my professors are Brahmins as well. The non Brahmins do not teach as well as them. The janitors come from various other castes and keep bitching about how we are the bad guys.

One of the best Profs I know goes regularly on night patrols with the police since the last 25 years as a citizen participant. The amount of crime and degeneracy he has witnessed, he finally told us that us as a country needs the British Rule again. At least they kept everything in strict check.
'tis sad, but I do agree.
>>
>>55750920
>Imagine a country where people think they're entitled to something just for exisiting
>Imagine a country full of idiots who think that 'its someone else's job'
>Imagine a country where you start feeling that mediocrity is starting to become the norm.
America?
>>
>>55752104
Nah m8
us ;_;
>>
>>55741694
Really bro your ahit is incomprehensible.
Tl:dr
>>
>>55750920
>>55751096
Good post, gives some good insight tbH
>>
>>55751096
>Tfw liberals shit tings up.

Where is Willi when you need him?
>>
>>55752404
Is it wrong to believe that all men are not created equal?
>>
>>55752573
Usually that is believed by people who can bank on their nations privileges and history to make themselves feel better.
>>
>>55752633
Nah nah the 4chan-esque sense of false inductive superiority is something entirely different.
>>
India needs to stop comparing itself to China and set their own goals relevant to their own country instead of reaching for the stars.

I hate to say it, but democracy and the caste system absolutely cripple India.
>>
>>55743517
>Indians have the potential to be a very intelligent nation.
HAHAHAHAHAH
no.

Indians without Iranians/Brits/French immigrants are a big pile of shit, sorry.
All the top classes arent native, and its been going on for a while now
>>
>>55752814
You are only superior because you had the privileges and upraising of being a Brahman which is still relevant today.

If you were a dirt poor dali you would not be posting here at all.
>>
>>55752971
Stats and sources bro
>>
>>55751096
where do you live, BrahminM8 TamilLand or MumbaiLand?
anyways, you ain't seen nothin yet kid, you're still in college.

>>55741694
OP it is a hugeass country with a highly heterogenous population. The governments have more or less always gone with the slow and steady route to development.
I dunno, though. I think I've seen a lotta changes and vehement call for changes in the last five years. Stuff is coming out in the open, that helps. There's a lotta vote bank politics and corruption, especially selling the nation to the MNCs which seems like it is going to increase now.
I wonder if this thread would have gotten more posts if it were made in /pol/
>>
>>55753255
>>55753255
No privileges
Grandfather was a dirt poor farmer who worked as telegram operator in rural post offices
Dad worked his way up since teenage. He started by selling flowers on the street to earn enough for a Reader's Digest subscription to learn enough English to land a basic Government job. Today we're a middle class family.
Even today he continues to apply himself to get better opportunities. You see its not about your "privileges". Its about your actions.

Nice assumptions though. c:
>>
>>55753391
MH
You?
>>
>>55753549
same pinch bhai. the way you write it seemed kinda obvious.
>>
>>55753638
ayy same pinch
>>
>>55743339
t. rajmukesh tattiwala
>>
File: 1453355284813.jpg (195 KB, 798x770) Image search: [Google]
1453355284813.jpg
195 KB, 798x770
>>55753305
>the main landmark that india is reknown for was made by mudslimes
o i am laffin
>>
File: img_1265.jpg (110 KB, 720x465) Image search: [Google]
img_1265.jpg
110 KB, 720x465
>>55743799
>int memes
literally 600 million people are defecating in the open in India,a hot tropical country. Not in latrines outhouses(ideal solution since it doesn' require sewage treatment) but in the fucking street.
and this is OFFICIAL ,not memes,
here the UNICEF page http://unicef.in/CkEditor/ck_Uploaded_Images/img_1265.jpg
>>
I think India is a really cool place for those reasons. It's like actually watching the world burn
>>
>>55758462

except, they multiply faster than they kill themselves
>>
>>55758857

Yeah but it's still like watching some kind of apocalypse unfold
>>
File: 5.jpg (35 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
35 KB, 720x480
>>55750920
>>55741694

I'm a white guy from the United States and I lived in New Delhi for a couple of years. While there a lot of things I love about India, I've always described my relationship with the country as "complex." It's a beautiful, bizarre place, but I've never fully been able to understand some of its more stupid anachronisms. Take the Delhi Metro for instance: it's a very modern, state-of-the-art facility and mode of transportation. It's much better than the subway systems in the United States, in regards to rails and carriages.

Yet the Delhi Metro, in its own special way, manages to be emblematic of everything that's wrong with India, from entitlement and overcrowding to sexual harassment and a lack of appreciation for law and order.

Take these little examples and apply them to the rest of the country and its problems:

>entitlement

Everybody thinks they're the most important person on the Metro. Even if a carriage is full to the brim, a horde of students and an inevitable sweaty uncle will try pushing their way in instead of waiting two minutes for the next train. My ex-girlfriend scolded somebody for doing this once, only to be told that she was an anti-nationalist and hated India.

>overcrowding

Self-explanatory and related to entitlement. Everybody in India who wasn't born at the very bottom thinks they're a fucking special snowflake who's owed respect, space, and attention by those around them.

>sexual harassment

I have a lot of female friends in India, most of whom are Indian and some of whom are foreign. All of them have been teased and groped on the Metro; one Canadian lady was sexually assaulted. There's a segment of the Indian population which is very evident in Delhi that can't see so much as a bra strap without going into rape-mode.

>law and order

If I'm having a bad day, the Delhi Metro will make it even worse. I love Indian people, speaking generally, but I always wonder: why are they too fucking stupid
>>
>>55750920

sounds like mexico desu
>>
File: 2.jpg (31 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
31 KB, 720x540
>>55762670

to stand to one side of the door and wait for passengers to alight the train? Rather than adhering to a simple system of courtesy and convenience, Indians will fight a fucking pointless battle to be the first ones on board, absent the presence of railway security guards.

There's so much fucking potential in India, but there's always a load of entitled and corrupt cunts there to stifle its growth.
>>
>>55762803
>There's so much fucking potential in India
naw, sorry. there isn't
if the brits replaced the native population then yes, there would have been potential
>>
File: chindia.png (47 KB, 1597x806) Image search: [Google]
chindia.png
47 KB, 1597x806
Tbh such a huge and diverse place simply cannot work with democracy, it does need some authoritarian regime at least temporarily until a somewhat educated and affluent, big middle class has been formed
I mean it had pretty much the same starting params as China, yet performed much worse
Authoritarian regime would at least provide stability for initial foreign investment and consumers, before building up an own consumer class, like China did
>>
>>55763320
So they are only 10-15 years behind China?

That is not so bad for a country of +1 Billion.
>>
>>55763320
terrible post
>>
>>55767202
*And I forgot to add a Democracy.

Industrializing under an authoritarian government is not hard desu. Soviets did it in <10 years as well, but they murdered shit tons of people doing it.
>>
>>55750920
America?
>>
File: i dont bloody think so.gif (41 KB, 457x754) Image search: [Google]
i dont bloody think so.gif
41 KB, 457x754
>>55741694
>Can we talk about India without memes for a bit?

Designated :DDDDD
>>
>>55752969
Are you forgetting about what's shaping up to be 1.5 billion people in a landmass the size of Alaska.

They have WAY too many kids.
>>
>>55743799
>maybe you're wrong and India is actually flawless
good post bro, you told him
>>
>>55767202
At current rates they are fucking forever behind China.
>>
>>55743339
t. rajmukesh parandewala ajkumarjit
>>
>>55767246
There's something to say about the government socially conditioning people into a more modern mindset.

I bet Chinese aren't as happy with their lives as Indians, but if they went to live in India they'd probably shoot up the place.
>>
>>55752971
This has to be in Top 10 of the midst retarded things I've read on 4chan.
>>
>>55757917
>smiling little currynigger in the picture
Maybe they mixed it up with an image of the designated shitting alley
>>
>>55743339
t. Rahjeesh Twadkya
>>
>>55743339
t. poonam srinivasan
>>
>>55767673
Most Indians are stupid as fuck.

Not saying most Americans are smarter.
>>
>>55767784
A country with a very large uneducated population has dumb people, wow who would have guessed.

But saying the top classes aren't Indian is fucking stupid. How are Brahmins and Kshatriyas not Indian?
>>
>>55767875
I think anon meant around the world, or is shitposting. Probably the latter.

Also, what caste are you?
>>
>>55767995
Mixed. Kshatriya and Nair. Parents didn't really give a fuck about the caste system.
>>
>>55767875
There's probably the race/class divide in mind. generally spoken it's true though that the higher classes there tend to be more Caucasoid while the lower ones are rather Australoid/Veddoid. Of course there are exceptions but that's pretty much the way it is, just compare the people in street shitting documentaries on the one hand and high-class politicians or doctorate emigrants to the West on the other hand, there's definitely a clear divide
>>
>>55768074
Alright.

>>55768079
Funny enough the Austroloids in the South (Dravidians) are more developed than the Caucasoids in the north.
>>
>>55768176
To my knowledge there isn't much of a North-South divide when it comes to race, but more a class thing. You can find Australoids such as Chubek as far North as Iran
>>
>>55768079
Southern India, which is mostly Dravidian (I think falls under Australoid technically) is actually much better developed than the northern parts.
>>
>>55768219
CHUBEK

I saw him post February last year. And not since. Fuck I'm getting sucked too far into 4chan.

Well the south is definitely more Dravidian. Darker.

India is such an interesting but fucked place. I prefer China over it despite the hate China gets.
>>
>>55768271
Yeah but are the upper classes there also Veddoid? Doubt it. Plus there's also religion to factor in, I know north has lots of mudslimes, a religion that drags every race down
>>
>>55768350
Muslims are actually richer and more educated and less likely to not poo in the loo in India.

Not everything follows steretotypes. Especially somewhere as fucked as India.
>>
>>55768350
Well, yes and no in a way. Higher caste South Indians do have lighter skin and more caucasoid features in general, but are still darker skinned than North Indians. There was a lot of race mixing between Dravidians and Aryans so there's no real easy way to just point to someone and say "That person is a high caste". Especially now that the Indian government is giving affirmative action to lower castes so many have worked their way up in society and gotten wealthy.
>>
>>55768472
Not true. See source: http://www.ibtimes.com/surprise-surprise-muslims-are-indias-poorest-worst-educated-religious-group-1392849
>>
File: 1447771550057.gif (2 MB, 300x241) Image search: [Google]
1447771550057.gif
2 MB, 300x241
What is it with Indians and lying? I used to work at a supermarket when I was younger, and everyone of them that worked there would try and weasel their way out of the most trivial shit, like misplaced trash and dishes in the break room. You could never get them to admit to any of it it was unreal. Are people raised in India to be pathological liars?
>>
>>55767875
>>55767784

Food for thought...:

India and Indians:

>majority are very impoverished
>significant portion of the country lives on less than $1.50 per day
>26% of the population is illiterate
>lacking access to clean water, good food, and educational facilities

>average IQ of 82

Black Americans:

>majority are low-income but by no means destitute in comparison to the rest of the world
>can afford shit like Nikes, iPhones, PS4s, and assorted "bling"
>mostly literate
>has access to an expansive public education system, special reserved scholarships and affirmative action

>average IQ of 85
>>
sometimes I feel bad about being an arab leb lad but then I remember subhumans like pakis/indians exist
>>
>>55769309
Lebland seemed to be kinda nice before 1975 desu
>>
>>55769309
There's a reason why you guys are called sand niggers. You guys are literally blacks with light skin that got lucky there was oil underneath your land. Everything your people have accomplished have been designed by whites and built by Asians.
>>
>>55769441
Tbf the Middle East was kinda nice before M*hammed came and everyone racemixed with sub-Saharan Horners, dragging down the average IQ by 20 points
>>
>>55769480
This. There was a bunch of population explosions in Yemen, so tons of brown people went north and racemixed with the Assyrians and Syrians.
>>
>>55769441
there's a reason you guys are street shitting curyrnigger subhumans, there is no fate worse than being born indian
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.