[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Somewhere in America RIGHT NOW a kid is being kicked out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: FB_IMG_1446459641116.jpg (19 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1446459641116.jpg
19 KB, 640x480
>Somewhere in America RIGHT NOW a kid is being kicked out onto the streets by their parents because it's their 18th birthday
>>
This is a meme but I will say parents typically act like it is a huge privilege that they are letting you stay with them after hs
>>
>>55636576
>Somewhere in Australia RIGHT NOW a kid is being attacked by emus
>>
>>55636576

there are something like 3 time more people over age 24 living at home in the US compared to Denmark.
>>
>you're 18 son, it's time to move on with your life. Beside, I told your mom's bull he could use your room
>>
>>55636629
there are something like 56 times more people living in the US compared to Denmark.
>>
File: 1456458531972.jpg (176 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1456458531972.jpg
176 KB, 1500x1500
>there are ******men****** who live with their parents past their early 20s
>>
>>55636606
Fucking baby boomers. Parent's in europe are more lenient. In spain, you are practically expected to stay at your parent's forever.
>>
Does it count as living with your mom if you pay the taxes/rent and just don't want to leave mom/mom's cooking?
>>
File: 1455240480372.png (32 KB, 288x211) Image search: [Google]
1455240480372.png
32 KB, 288x211
>>55636576
>Mfw my uncle is just now moving out of my grandma's house at age 40.
>>
>>55636927
Honestly, who fucking cares, as long as you are all okay with it. More power to you for actually contributing financially though.
>>
>>55636880
Not numerically but percentage wise. Denmark is 23% US is 48%
>>
>>55636924
>you will never live in spain
why live
>>
>>55637023
Agreed. I'd kill to live with my parents my whole life.
>>
>>55637023
>>55637051
iktf, and since there's no jobs there's no pressure to even do anything! There's like 30% unemployement in spain.
>>
>>55637103
All you eurofags have it so easy. Just get the state or parents to help you with whatever. Here you have to wagecuck your whole life away for chumpchange. I'm planning to fake/exaggerate disability though lel
>>
>>55636576
I'm such a lazy ass that this would work better for me than parents paying for college and rent.
>>
>people living in "protestant" countries are usually kicked out after high school
>otherwise they're expected to pay fucking rent to their parents

always cracks me up
>>
>>55636606
Yeah but in America it's expected that your parents pay for your college education.

In Australia we get interest free loans from the government so our parents don't need to pay shit.
>>
>>55636924
So is moving out at 18 just an American thing? Not a white people thing?
>>
>>55637363

It's mostly a meme, even for Americans. Some hardcore parents will kick their kids out, but most are willing to let them stay at least for a few years.
>>
>>55637176
American parents dont help their kids when they are in trouble? You mean an American turns adult and all that blood relation doesn't matter?
>>
>>55637386
No. American parents pretty much always help out their kids but most don't want their kids staying with them after 25ish
>>
>>55636576
nice pic
>>
>>55636576
When I left for the Army at 18, my parents took down the a wall in my former room to expand my kid brother's room. Fucking bullshit, can't go back home, and my kid brother is turning into deadbeat.
>>
>>55637363
Scandinavians move out at 18 as the government gives them free money.
>>
>>55636924
it's not 'expected' but it's not a big deal, at least not here so I extrapolate for the rest of south europe, family is closely knit.
It sounds fucking sociopathic/autistic to throw out your blood from home
>>
>>55637363
It's also common in some European countries, mostly the wealthier welfare states in the north. The difference between here and there though is that over there the state subsidizes university education to a large degree, in some cases even in its entirety. Over here our parents expect us to just figure it out on our own because they don't understand that the world today is much different than when they were just getting out of high school. A good job that enables you to get your own place with the expectation of a long career and a good pension all with nothing but a high school diploma is not something that exists anymore.

t. someone who was forced to get a job out of high school and pay rent just to live in my parents' house in addition to my studies
>>
>>55637381
If I lived with my dad then my step-mom would have kicked me out by now.
Thank god my mom is one of the kindest souls.
>>
>>55636912
Try renting a place that isn't in a backwater town/suburb whilst studying fulltime.
>>
>>55637341
the main advantage of HECs is that you don't have to start paying any of it until you're earning >50k a year
>>
>>55638908
It's called a sharehouse.
>>
>>55638996
And they fucking suck unless you're moving in with friends.
>>
>>55637341
Which is why I will never have a kid because post-high school life is expensive already. I can't comprehend how my parents can get a car, house, pay for school, and still manage to live off well. I'm more confused on how my friends are able to have kids and still go to school, but still live with their parents.
>>
File: laughinggirls05.jpg (155 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
laughinggirls05.jpg
155 KB, 333x500
>>55639031
>HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS
>>
>>55636606

Isn't it though? Would you let a full grown man leech off of you?

I live with my parents and I know its a huge huge privilege. It means I save on rent and even on food. I know my parents wont' always be there and I know I won't be able to pay them back.
>>
Who here has been kicked out of their house?
I certainly have been and I was only there for vacation.
I hope he will rot in hell
>>
>>55639141
>implying I'm not speaking from experience

Either way, I have a 30 contact hour week at uni. Working a $23/hr job to cover $280 rent in my Uni's area, plus $60 food and $30 transport and other weekly and monthly costs is just too much considering my expected out of class study is another 18 hours a week excluding assessments.

It ended up making more sense to just stay at home for the length of undergrad and honours.
>>
>>55637341
Nah, most Americans take out student loans they have pay back later with high interest. Most parents don't budget for their kids' education.
>>
>>55636576

fucking animals i'll be taken out of my house in a coffin
>>
File: angry wojak.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
angry wojak.png
29 KB, 633x758
>live in Europe
>still expected to leave home early after turning 18
>weirdo loser for still living with parents at 22yo

Why couldn't I be born in Southern Europe
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.