[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /int/ Generally think of our rock in the Atlantic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
What does /int/ Generally think of our rock in the Atlantic?
>>
Its shape reminds me of the northwest continent from the original Final Fantasy game. Also one of the St. Pierre/Miquelon islands is like a minuature squiggled outline of it.

Their half-hour time zone amuses me.

They were also bros during 9/11 when we put all our planes down immediately; several planes were allowed to land there and the travelers stayed in town for a few days. Local newfies put them up.

It is confusing/interesting how St. John's is the capital/largest city, and yet "Saint John" is the largest city (but not capital) in New Brunswick. But "Saint John" only has 70,000 people. Now I've learned that there are no even moderately large cities in New Brunswick. This reminds me of Vermont.

The colorful houses are in the nice tradition of shitty-gray north atlantic places, just so you can see some damn color: Copenhagen, Longyearbyen, Torshavn, Nuuk, etc. I guess Norway in general.

I would like to take a meme-trip to the region someday. SPM (hiss as far as you're concerned), PEI, Newfoundland, all of it.
>>
>>55719691
I love Newfoundland but apparently Newfies don't like tourists or simply mainlanders.
>>
holy fuck that flag is disgusting
>>
>>55719691
What the fuck is that flag, is that pink?
>>
This flag is gay af
>>
File: 546238423694325.jpg (47 KB, 558x564) Image search: [Google]
546238423694325.jpg
47 KB, 558x564
>pink on a flag
Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
File: ManThinking.jpg (31 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
ManThinking.jpg
31 KB, 500x333
>pink on a flag
>>
>>55720324
Yep. We just don't give a fuck, b'ys.
>>
File: kek.png (27 KB, 1115x500) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
27 KB, 1115x500
>>55719691

also: the official flag for the whole province would look 10x cooler if you cut out the pure-white triangles on the fly, leaving the "black" parts as open space. Then there would be much less whitespace, the flag would be unique/more like Nepal, and it would be medieval as fuck.

The edges of the fly seem a bit long in this sketch but you get the idea.
>>
>>55720248

Oh boo fucking hoo, poor babies. Oh no, a Canadian has just been short with me, approaching rudeness!

As long as you have infrastructure and the visitors themselves are not total cunts, local governments want tourism dollars and will make the industry be supported. I'm (theoretically) coming to look at rocks and shit, take a few pictures, and leave, not make friends.

It's not as if I'm visiting Chicago again like last year, when there was a bullet hole in my motel room, kek.
>>
>>55720353

bisexuals, transgenders, various kinky/special snowflake types, and newfoundlanders.
>>
>>55719691
If that was my flag, I would definitely kill myself.
>>
>>55719691
http://www.thetelegram.com/Opinion/Letter-to-the-editor/2013-08-06/article-3339832/&lsquo%3BSorry-Newfoundland,-you-are-not-what-I-expected&rsquo%3B/1

Look at the comments.
>>
So basically a gayer version of Italy's flag.
At least it's not a leaf I guess.
>>
>>55719691
Quebec here, tell your labrador to just let us build fucking hydro dams already.
>>
>>55720793
You seem triggered lad. Did the big mean Canadians tell you to fuck off?
>>
very gay flag senpai
>>
>>55722495

Quite the opposite, I'm indicating that being "worried" about the idea of going to Newfoundland is a bit silly next to previous trips I've made. Lots of places hate tourists but they still have a functioning industry.

Now, the Caribbean, that's a different story. They will shoot you down there. Those monkeys bite cha.
>>
File: 3285792375.jpg (94 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
3285792375.jpg
94 KB, 500x364
Newfoundland is undeniably based

>2016
>not having pink on your flag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zekbLQEkIg
>>
File: 2385729357.png (11 KB, 750x375) Image search: [Google]
2385729357.png
11 KB, 750x375
>labrador's flag
>a fucking twig
>>
>>55719691
Gay Italy
>>
>>55719691
>a fucking Italian flag left in the sun too long
>>
>>55719691
I think it's the only place outside Europe with a unique name in Irish (Talamh an Éisc-Land of the fish)
>>
>>55723556
Neat

Unfortunately Newfoundland Irish has been ded for ~100 years
>>
>>55719691
The only newfie I know is a drunkard. He's a really cool dude tho.
>>
>>55723425
Its the elder sign
>>
>>55723425
>says the guy with a fucking leaf on his flag
>>
>What does /int/ Generally think of our rock in the Atlantic?
I think it's time you renamed yourself SlightlyWornButStillGoodFoundland
>>
File: image.png (160 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
160 KB, 2000x1000
>>55719691
The best part of Canadian
>>
>a fucking gay ireland

Australia you need to do something about this and by something I mean shitpost about it for a couple of days
>>
>>55724592
>newfie
>drunkard

I would be concerned if he weren't
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.