[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suggestions for /int/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 15
File: Language Families.png (361 KB, 1280x504) Image search: [Google]
Language Families.png
361 KB, 1280x504
Post suggestions for any changes to be made for /int/ ITT. Once we come to a consensus, we can write out our wishes and either send them to Hiro via feedback or make a thread in /qa/. This is a continuation of a tangent in >>53527647, so I'll paste something from that thread to get the ball rolling here.

Some generals are okay but I think there are far too many.
>turn /norgetråden/ and /sverigetråd/ into /nordic/, to avoid the occasional /ísl/, /dansk/ or whatever
>keep /cum/, since it covers a lot of countries
>I don't know a lot about all the spanish and latin generals (/hilo/, /luso/, /hisp/, etc.), but making a /hilo+luso/ for all Hispanophone and Lusophone countries
>not sure what to do with /v4/, /balt/, /mämmi/, /balk/, and /rus/...maybe merge /mämmi/ and /balt/, as well as /rus/ and /balk/?
>keep /carib/
>add /isr/ to /mena/
>no wayfaring generals like /thirdworld/ or /comfy/
>include Belgium in /fr/ and /neder/, include Zuid-Afrika in /neder/ (though I think this may already be the case)
>keep /asean/, keep Japanese Thread
>force /tr/ to include Central Asia and the Caucassus to avoid /central asian/ or /caucassus/ threads (though honestly those almost never happen)
>allow for one /africa/ thread, since we have nearly no African posters
>move /aus+NZ/ to a different general, either /asean/ or /balt+mämmi/
>no idea what to do with /ita/, maybe leave it alone? Should it be added to /hisp+luso/?
And, most importantly:
>limit each general to one thread per day, no matter how fast. All excess threads are to be deleted and OP is banned for a week

Keep this thread on topic, guys, spamming >>>/reddit/ and shitting on mods won't get this board anywhere.
>>
Stop trying to turn this place into reddit is a start.
>>
>>53535111
you are that faggot that kept bitching how we need /his/ board
well now you have /his/ so fuck off there already
>>53535284
this
>>
>>53535111 (Checked)
>mods
>anything to do with generals
generals are made by anons, anon, not mods. It's what anons want, so anons have it.
>>
>>53535284
>>53535378
>everything that has moderation is reddit
What happened here? Changing how the board is organized won't turn it into Reddit, hell the main reason I'm recommending this is to thwart Reddit shitposting on /int/. Seriously, they're everywhere.
>>
>>53535433
its sad this is supposed to be bait thread but mods still may believe its serious because they know nothing about /int/ board culture
>>
>>53535520
This isn't a bait thread. Limiting how generals work is different from what usually gets done here, yes, but in our case I think it makes a lot of sense. It's not like most generals contribute anything to /int/ as a whole, anyway.

>>53535433
They can still have generals, but the /int/ posters who want threads on /int/ other than just generals and Aussie shitposting should get something, as well.

I understand why both of you think this, though: too much control over posts here is very Reddit and generally whitewashes the board. Changing around a few generals wouldn't silence any opinions or take away any legitimacy from /int/ posts, it would just reorganize the people who post in generals and allow for more genuine /int/ threads.
>>
>>53535717
>it would just reorganize the people who post in generals and allow for more genuine /int/ threads.

no it wouldnt, posters who post in generals post only there and your shit "language" "heritage" etc threads wouldnt get any more replies
just fuck off
>>
>>53535111
>>turn /norgetråden/ and /sverigetråd/ into /nordic/
will never happen, Sverige is one of the original generals of /int/, they will never give up on it and I support it
>>I don't know a lot about all the spanish and latin generals (/hilo/, /luso/, /hisp/, etc.), but making a /hilo+luso/ for all Hispanophone and Lusophone countries
no what the hell, luso is easily big enough to be it's own thing
>>not sure what to do with /v4/, /balt/, /mämmi/, /balk/, and /rus/...maybe merge /mämmi/ and /balt/, as well as /rus/ and /balk/?
maybe not? /balk/ and /rus/ are completely different things and they speak different languages, russians would like to speak russian dude
>>add /isr/ to /mena/
/isr/ is dead and I'm not really sure they would like to join /mena/ anyway, too significant cultural difference
>>include Belgium in /fr/ and /neder/
belgian general is non-existant, they just post in neder
>>53535111
>>move /aus+NZ/ to a different general, either /asean/ or /balt+mämmi/
/aus+NZ/ could have a general on it's own but they apparently merged with /balt/ lol

and it's fucking working I dont know why probably because both these populations shitpost as hell
>>53535111
>>limit each general to one thread per day, no matter how fast.
kek, never going to happen you would have massive outrage from every single general which breaks 1 thread/day(so every single established one)
>>
>>53535934
>posters who post in generals post only there
Exactly: it wouldn't be catastrophic to all of /int/, it would only have a negative effect on them, which wouldn't even be that negative for most. I'm not saying "ban all generals" or "only 5 generals should exist on /int/", I'm just saying that some should be combined and there should be a limit, especially when there's are 3 /cum/s at the same times because they couldn't agree on which thread to post on.
>your shit "language" "heritage" etc threads wouldnt get any more replies
What do you mean by this?

>>53536076
>will never happen, Sverige is one of the original generals of /int/, they will never give up on it and I support it
It would definitely be the biggest change to generals, and if at the end of the day we end up with only a few generals due to all the combining, maybe /sverigetråd/ could exist on its own. It's all anime posting, though, like /mämmi/.
>no what the hell, luso is easily big enough to be it's own thing
You're probably right, but still limit it to one /hisp/ and one /luso/, rather than all those extras like /lat/ and /hilo/.
>/balk/ and /rus/ are completely different things and they speak different languages, russians would like to speak russian dude
I agree, it's tricky to deal with. I'd leave that up to Slavs since I know very little about how those threads in particular work.
>/isr/ is dead and I'm not really sure they would like to join /mena/ anyway, too significant cultural difference
There are already Israeli posters on /mena/, plus if it's dead then why should it still get its own dedicated general?
>belgian general is non-existant, they just post in neder
Agreed, not sure why I included that. Guess I just wanted to emphasize how generals should become more inclusive.

(1/2)
>>
Stop Americans from creating threads

Ban all Israeli flags
>>
File: Jew Gecko.png (345 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Jew Gecko.png
345 KB, 500x375
>>53536076
>>53536409
(2/2)
>/aus+NZ/ could have a general on it's own but they apparently merged with /balt/ lol
>and it's fucking working I dont know why probably because both these populations shitpost as hell
I was surprised as well, I guess some generals just go well together. This is part of what made me think we could make this work on a larger scale, maybe not with all generals but at least with some. The specifics of which ones needs a lot of discussion to determine, which is why I appreciate you taking the time to reply with specifics.
>kek, never going to happen you would have massive outrage from every single general which breaks 1 thread/day(so every single established one)
I really believe in this one though, maybe 2 per day but at least some limit. Yes they would be mad, of course, but they'd begrudgingly have to slow down their posts and make more meaningful threads as a result. Generals don't need 100 "just drank a coffee" or "post more slags, lads", only a few to stay comfy.

>>53536561
>Ban all Israeli flags
/pol/ pls
>>
Meta threads should be deleted asap

"/his/ was a mistake" Adolf Hitler
>>
>>53536762
>/his/ was a mistake
because /lit/fags hijacked the project and turned it into atheist central
>/his/ - History and """"""Humanities""""""""
nice job breaking it, Hiro
>>
>Zuid-Afrika in /nederdraad/
They don't speak Dutch and Afrikaans isn't Dutch
>>
>add /isr/ to /mena/
commit suicide
>>
>>53536885
>>53536762
I never go on /his/ but it's creation combined with the influx of /pol/ users from last year definitely fucked /int/ over a Hell of a lot, basically killing all discussion and making it entirely shitposting.

>>53537079
But you can understand it just fine, plus they're Dutch.
>added Zoetermeer and Katwijk
Dammit PK, quit making me edit my map!

>>53537123
Do you really want crazyaga to be the only representation of Israelis on /mena/?
>>
just need hiro to go through every general and ban everyone in in and /int/ may still have a chance
>>
>>53537225
Map? What map?
>>
>>53537079
je weet dat er toch een paalt?
>>53537225
he added baarn for me 2
>>
File: World Regions.png (692 KB, 4498x2225) Image search: [Google]
World Regions.png
692 KB, 4498x2225
>>53537410
This one, the boxes for the Netherlands can only extend so far
>>
>>53537410
zijn regionale vlaggen collectie kaart
>>
>>53537462
Ik weet dat er een paalt, maar ik heb liever geen Afrikanen in mijn draden.
>>
>>53537476
That looks pretty
>>
>>53537505
*sein regionale Flagge Kollektion Karte
You misspelled a few words there :^)

>>53537575
Afrikaaners are based, though. I didn't know the Dutch had negative thoughts about them.
>>
>>53537476
Do you happen to have the blank template of this map?
>>
while you're chit chatting here about nothing we're way ahead in this merging business, get with the times yo

captcha: Dubs :DDDDDDUBS LMAO
>>
File: World Regions Template.png (450 KB, 4498x2225) Image search: [Google]
World Regions Template.png
450 KB, 4498x2225
>>53537774
Yes, I added the boxed on my own though so good luck with that.
Maybe someday me and the Singaporean guy can come together and add those in.
>>
>>53537924
Thanks
>>
>>53536687
It works because our timezones are so far apart. We keep it alive during our "day" hours and they take over when we go to sleep. Well, that and yeah, we all shitpost/dubroll a lot.
>>
>>53537635
they're like the black australia of us
>>
>>53538049
I guess I never considered that...now that I think about it that's actually a really fucking smart idea.

>>53537951
No problem, here's another.

>>53538089
>black
Afrikaaners are white, natives are black.
>>
>>53538156
oh, you mean boeren?
>>
>>53536409
>You're probably right, but still limit it to one /hisp/ and one /luso/, rather than all those extras like /lat/ and /hilo/.

Not gonna happen

/lat/ is shitpost central and having an actual discussion is impossible there

/esp/ is slower and less random than /lat/ but we prefer keeping it that way
>>
>>53538156
They're only white because long ago we were there, but it's been too long since.
I don't think you can put them with the Dutch or West-Europeans anymore
>>
>>53537924
Also, that map has Lithuanias counties, no regions.
>>
Delete /deutsch/ its the worst general out there
>>
File: 1441797647952.png (529 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
1441797647952.png
529 KB, 960x639
>>53535111
>not sure what to do with /v4/, /balt/, /mämmi/, /balk/, and /rus/...maybe merge /mämmi/ and /balt/, as well as /rus/ and /balk/?
>no idea what to do with /ita/, maybe leave it alone? Should it be added to /hisp+luso/?
There is only one answer: mämmipizza.
>>
File: 1438893498506.gif (801 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
1438893498506.gif
801 KB, 250x170
>>53535111
First of all - mirin those digits
Second of all - fuck off, you autist.
You seem to have no grasp how /int/ (or 4chan) works. Are you literally from Reddit? Anyone can post a thread and anyone can reply. Generals evolve on their own and you have to keep your shit ideas to yourself. If we had idiots like you in charge we wouldn't have based generals like /balt/ + /ausnz/.
>>
File: 485787676866.png (66 KB, 673x473) Image search: [Google]
485787676866.png
66 KB, 673x473
>sending it to Hiro

You know he doesn't have any idea about what the hell is happening here, let alone managing the site.

We may be experiencing the last days of 4chin before hiroshima shuts down the servers
>>
>>53538578
hello my anonymous 4channer friend, i too, am not, from this place you refer to literally

PS. where do we downvote here?
>>
File: 1438464622036.png (136 KB, 320x371) Image search: [Google]
1438464622036.png
136 KB, 320x371
>>53535111
Trips wasted on such a shit post :'(
>>
>>53538887
i'd tell you to fuck off, but you already are off BY ONE >DDDDD !!!!11111 one one one
>>
File: offbyone.png (304 KB, 472x470) Image search: [Google]
offbyone.png
304 KB, 472x470
>>53538887
>>
>>53535111
>all this autistic "this general is better than other general, give the mods a 100 meter long scroll of moderating rules" that will lead to billions of angry posts everytime something gets 404'd
The fix is simple. Either ban all generals or go the /vg/ route and create /intg/. The board is big enough to survive that.
>>
File: 863321335.jpg (92 KB, 1060x404) Image search: [Google]
863321335.jpg
92 KB, 1060x404
>>53538954
IT KEEBS HABBENING
>>
>>53537225
crazygaga doesn't even post in /mena/
and who gives a shit what sandniggers and diaspora think
>>
>>53538215
>>53538304
The Boers haven't been there long enough to be considered non-White, most of them either stick to their own or breed with the English.

>>53538476
>tfw local church bell rang in steriotypical ominous tone when I read that
RIP /deutsch/, spooky forces are afoot

>>53538536
I would be 100% okay with this

>>53538342
Is there a difference?

>>53538229
Then we delete /lat/ and force the non-shitposting /lat/inos to migrate to /hisp/ or /hisp+luso/.

>>53538578
>You seem to have no grasp how /int/ (or 4chan) works
It worked fine without serious moderation for a while, but when newfags started flooding here from Reddit it became impossible to let us determine our own boards. We need at least SOME degree of moderation if we want to fix /int/.
>Are you literally from Reddit?
Never been on Reddit, been on /int/ since it started and on 4chan since 2006.
>Anyone can post a thread and anyone can reply
This will more or less stay the same, but banning spam is necessary. Just like how Pony threads were globally banned, sometimes "anyone can post a thread" isn't the best way of going about things: some threads and posters should be banned.
>Generals evolve on their own and you have to keep your shit ideas to yourself
Their evolution isn't leading anywhere good for /int/'s future, they had a chance to moderate themselves and they blew it.
>If we had idiots like you in charge we wouldn't have based generals like /balt/ + /ausnz/
I don't want to kill your general since it works well and is already organized, but why do we need 4 or 5 different Latino threads instead of 1 or 2? Why do we need 7 or 8 /cum/ threads per day when we only need 2?

>>53538601
His mods do his work for him, so at least someone needs to know. Who do you think made /wsr/?

>>53538994
>Either ban all generals or go the /vg/ route and create /intg/
I considered /intg/ but I fear it might do to /int/ what /vg/ did to /v/: pure shitposting, no discussion of even actually funny humor threads.
>>
>>53539041
I was just memeing at you, but in all seriousness /isr/ is too small to warrant its own thread. /mena/ would accept you with open arms.
>inb4 /carib/ is small, merge it with /cum/
/cum/ is too big, also /carib/ only makes one thread per week so it doesn't really get in the way.
>>
>>53539112
ew only like the real boers no english boers or black boers
>>
>>53539224
/isr/ + /deutsch/ + /tr/

this is only natural
>>
>>53539112
If that's your main grievance then lobby for better moderation and purging of unnecessary/duplicate threads. Problem solved.
Regulating generals is a shit idea.
>>
>>53539275
English and Black Boers wouldn't post in Nederdraad anyway

>>53539314
Kek

>>53539318
Better moderation and purging of unnecessary/duplicate threads is only a start, and it wouldn't last for long. Changing generals altogether is what we need, even if not the way I reccomend we do it we need to do something about the issue.
>>
>>53539410
so everything is fine?
>>
File: 1427791594513.jpg (11 KB, 214x230) Image search: [Google]
1427791594513.jpg
11 KB, 214x230
>>53535111
Article 20 of The Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
(1) Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.
(2) No one may be compelled to belong to an association.
>>
File: South America Regions Template.png (92 KB, 1562x1729) Image search: [Google]
South America Regions Template.png
92 KB, 1562x1729
>>53539532
Why, do Dutch Boers already post there? If so, then yes, Nederdraad is fine.

>>53539538
Okay, so no mods on any boards? All of 4chan would be furry and pony shit for months on end, eventually settling into a cesspool of absolute shit. Keep that shit on /b/, as long as no opinions are silenced simply due to the mods disagreeing then your right aren't being stepped on.
Also, has Estonia even accepted """human""" """"""""rights"""""""" yet?

>>53537951
Forgot to post this
>>
>>53539807
It was targeted towards your nazi ideas about defining what generals should be allowed to exist, not moderation of said generals.
I'm all for banning ponies and anime.
>>
>>53539112
/v/ was killed mostly by the influx of people from all over the internet, not the split.
>>
>>53539997
It was a combination of the two.
>off by two
Now this thread is just depressing

>>53539987
It's the same concept though, removing shit that doesn't add anything to a board while keeping the shit that people actually care about.

Also I got a Hexa once so I'm the king of /balt/ and my word is gospel.
>>
>>53535111
>luso
There should be a general for Iberia /ibe/,please someone do it
>>
>>53535111
Never go full american guys, this is the kind of stupid shit you'll end up posting
>>
>>53540499
But that would exclude Latin Americans from /hisp/.
If we made an /ibe/, we would need to make a /latam/ for Latinos outside of Europe. That actually might work, since I doubt Macau and Equatorial Guinea would be a significant group of people, so we wouldn't need to worry about Hispanophones and Lusophones outside of Europe and South America.
>>
>>53540435
Are you aware that threads that people don't care about and don't get posts will drop off page 10?
>>
>>53540644
I'm talking about big threads like /hilo/ that add nothing and only archive once they autosage.
>>
>>53540743
Do you spend your time off Reddit looking at generals on /int/ and sperging over the inefficiency?
I don't give a shit if spaniards and portugese have separate threads or not.
>>
>>53539987
>I'm all for banning ponies and anime.
+2
>>
File: My Best Get.png (48 KB, 1210x345) Image search: [Google]
My Best Get.png
48 KB, 1210x345
>>53540888
You don't, but they do. What if /balt/ changed to /lat/, /lit/, and /ees/?
Also, again, I don't use Reddit.

I'm your king, remember? The dubsmaster.
>>
>>53541142
>What if /balt/ changed to /lat/, /lit/, and /ees/?
When it happened then nobody posted on /lat/ and /lit/
>>
>>53541142
>What if /balt/ changed to /lat/, /lit/, and /ees/?
that has happened and probably will happen again periodically
>>
>>53541209
>>53541217
Did this actually happen?
>>
>>53541142
If you lurked more you'd know that /ee/ has a separate thread sometimes and is actually older than /balt/. And nobody posts in /balt/ when it happens.
>>
>>53535111
Fuck off back to Reddit, autist.
>>
>>53541311
and it's /ee/ btw
>>
>>53541358
>>53541422
I have pretty much all generals filtered so the ones that do get through I usually just ignore.

>>53541379
Haven't heard that one yet, nice
>>
>>53535111
I say let the chaos take care of itself.
>>
>>53539807
well, one does, the boer population is very small and in africa
>>
>>53535111
/int/ has always been like this. There are interesting threads sometimes but it has always had lots of shitposting and generals. It didn't get worse with the time, it's just that you prefer to remember as if things were better back then.

Splitting /int/ into /intg/ and /int/ is out of the question, it would make /int/ have almost no posters since people who post in generals also post in normal threads, so making them go to another board would leave /int/ empty

I don't see the problem in merging generals, but it should be done by the posters themselves like /balt/ and /aus+nz/ did, not by mods. It's really stupid to think that mods trying to force people into merging generals the way they want to would work, generals have their own subculture, and forcing them to go one way or another would just make everyone abandon them.

Also, limiting the number of generals per day is just retarded. If i come to /int/ 1 minute after /luso/ reached bump limit and died, and i made a new thread, should i be banned for making more than one?
>>
File: 1409627638358.gif (160 KB, 749x578) Image search: [Google]
1409627638358.gif
160 KB, 749x578
>>53542773
>sudden outbreak of common sense
>coming from brazil
>>
OP suck my dick you fucking fag lol

Also I saged because you're such a cunt
>>
>>53535111
Fuck off and kill yourself faggot

This isn't reddit
>>
kill /deutsch/ so krautchan may live again
>>
>>53541311
When shitposting gets out of hand towards one country they sometimes go make their own hug-no-bully-general. Mostly during the summer tho, when /balt/ goes through several threads every single day.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.