[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most heavily Christian nation in the world: Vatican City (no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: world religion.jpg (177 KB, 1425x625) Image search: [Google]
world religion.jpg
177 KB, 1425x625
Most heavily Christian nation in the world: Vatican City (no defined HDI but it seems well off considering its a literal theocratic monarchy, lets say between 0.9-0.8)

Most heavily Jewish nation in the world: Israel (HDI 0.894)
Most heavily irreligious nation in the world: Czech Republic (HDI 0.870)
Most heavily Muslim nation in the world: Saudi Arabia (HDI 0.837)
Most heavily pagan nation in the world: Vietnam (HDI 0.666)
Most heavily Buddhist nation in the world: Cambodia. (HDI 0.555)
Most heavily Hindu nation in the world: Nepal (HDI 0.548)

If you had to live in one, where would you want to live?
>>
Czech Republic is the only right answer 2bh.
>>
File: the new pope.jpg (38 KB, 700x472) Image search: [Google]
the new pope.jpg
38 KB, 700x472
>>53284342
>Vatican City
more like a cuck city
>>
>>53284342
Kek Republika
>>
>>53284410

I don't know I think Vatican City would be nice to live in as well, though its very tiny so probably would end up visting Italy a lot (most Vatican City citizens end up doing that).

Israel would be a lot nicer if it wasn't under attack all the time. (Yeah I know they attack back too). Even though I am female I might live in Saudi Arabia if they allowed alcohol and freedom of religion.

Only ones I cannot see myself living in are Vietnam, Cambodia and Nepal. I'm too much of a soft suburbanite. I might visit though.
>>
File: 1445285014008.jpg (7 KB, 233x188) Image search: [Google]
1445285014008.jpg
7 KB, 233x188
>>53284410
>>53284522
>>
>>53284478

Obama does the same stuff its to show how open minded he is. I hope that doesn't make USA cuck.
>>
>>53284646
>I hope that doesn't make USA cuck.
I think making it more cuck is impossible, even for germans.
>>
Cambodia
>>
>>53284342
czech republic tbqh fàm
>>
>>53285525

Isn't Italy and Vatican City already very similar to each other?
>>
>>53284342
>Vatican City
>representative of the christian countries

Are you fucking stupid?
>>
File: doubles_Havel.jpg (58 KB, 572x422) Image search: [Google]
doubles_Havel.jpg
58 KB, 572x422
> awesome beer
> Slavic qt3.14s
> cheap
> safe

> implying there is an alternative answer

I bet OP is one of those Americans who are so proud of their 1/64 Czech heritage.
>>
>>53285609
even if it was i don't want to live among burini and pedophiles
>>
>>53284342
Wow,our colonies are good catholics
>>
File: The-Holy-See.jpg (218 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
The-Holy-See.jpg
218 KB, 1400x1000
>>53284342
>Pagan
>Vietnam
>666
Clearly sold their souls to beat America

Theocracy is best -cy my sons
>>
>>53285645

Vatican City pretty much rules Christiandom almost. And yes they are 100% Christian (wow) and a rare example of a pure Christian theocracy. For this reason I think they do a better job of representing Christianity then the other countries do in representing their other ideologies.
>>
>>53286420
>100% Christian (wow)
what's so wow about it? it's barely a half km2 of land, it's basically only populated by priests and cardinals
>>
>>53284342
Estonia
>>
>Most pagan nation
What the hell does that even mean?
>>
>Israel highest HDI

WE WIN WE WIN

EL EL ISRAEL
>>
>>53286800
>pagan
>a member of a religious, spiritual, or cultural community based on the worship of nature or the earth (folk religions)
>>
>>53286647

Because even hardcore Muslim countries only manage like 99.9% Islam and that involves a threat of violence. Vatican City is, afaik, the only country that is 100% religiously homogenous and they do it without any threats. That impresses me a lot. I guess if you are a priest you are more likely to take it very seriously. Priest need to give up a lot such as family, freedom, etc.

I might live in the Vatican even though it is very tiny. The standard of living seems pretty good and lots of beautiful art. But maybe it would get boring and old after a while. And yeah I bet dating there is very hard if almost all the men are celibate.
>>
>>53286800

Most people who adhere to folk religions, as opposed to one of the major world religions.

>>53286843

If Vatican City got a HDI rating it might be higher, Israel does get bombed/attacked a lot. But Vatican City is usually too small to get a rating.
>>
>>53286420
Read up on Vatican City. It's not what you think it is.
>>
>>53286931

Can you explain? Are you referring to the distinction between Holy See and Vatican City?
>>
>>53284342

Vatican because I would like to steal their secrets

after that I would move to Czechia and wait for that Swiss commando sent to kill me
>>
>>53286878
dude nobody except those who are needed get by the holy sea get a citizenship in the holy sea and thats only a limited citizenship too.

bretty sure they don need no heathens
>>
>>53287518

Isn't that true of nearly every Western nation? Unless you are a refugee, you have to prove you are worthy to live there.

That said the Vatican did take in a refugee family of 4 Melkite Greek Catholics from Syria:
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-pope-refugees-idUSKCN0RI10M20150918

Wonder how those refugees are fitting in with their new country vs. how they fit in with Germany.
>>
File: images.jpg (7 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7 KB, 276x183
>>53284342
I'd like to live in all of them for a while desu.

If I have to stay there then check'em republic

Also check'em
>>
>>53287518
>holy sea
Kek'd
>>
>>53286420
http://humansarefree.com/2014/09/the-top-of-pyramid-rothschilds-british.html

With the Jews and the British royalty.
>>
>>53284342
Israel

I can't stand Slavs
>>
>>53286878
Because those Muslim countries have millions of people from a variety of ethnicities, while the Vatican has like 200 people. There are probably communities of 200 people that are 100% Muslim in Saudi Arabia... or hundreds of thousands.

> isn't that true of other western nations
no, the others don't discriminate on religion

> 4 refugees
Wowwe!? 4 whole refugees?
>>
>>53288924
>Wowwe!? 4 whole refugees?
Its the equivalent of us taking in 1.5 million, according to our respective population sizes. I just am pointing out they do take in refugees too not just skilled workers. And I haven't heard that it went bad either. Imagine being a family of Catholic Syrians (an oppressed minority within a minority) and being invited with your children to live in the Vatican, a very stable and very sacred place among many Christians. Seems almost like Cinderella story.

>no, the others don't discriminate on religion
Unfortunately there's a post on /int/ right now talking about banning Muslim immigrants. So yes it does happen. I don't know if its right or wrong though. I feel bad for good Muslim but there are bad Muslims as well. Same as other religions I suppose.
>>
>>53286925
>vatican city
Israel has a higher HDI than Italy.
>>
>>53284342
Czech republic

But I'd rather live in Estonia
>>
>>53290386

Yeah good point. Look like Israel tops the HDI in spite of getting bombed all the time.
>>
>>53284342
I'm fine right here tbqh
Not religious, people may piss me off with their complete inability to mind their own business, but life in the US is good.
>>
>>53284342
Israel
>>
>>53287650
No.

Most countries in the world give out citizenship for free if you were born in the country or if your parents were citizens. The Vatican is a rare example of a country where citizenship is handed out on a person-by-person basis, you can't get citizenship unless the Vatican gives it to you. Most citizens are either high-ranking clergy, Swiss Guard, or other employees.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.