[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What makes American blacks such highly imitated, cool trendsetters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
What makes American blacks such highly imitated, cool trendsetters?
>>
File: 1375030425317.jpg (1 MB, 2636x2711) Image search: [Google]
1375030425317.jpg
1 MB, 2636x2711
Pic related
>>
>>53252822
They are not and hipsters were weiring this ages ago.
Also they look ridiculous.
>>
Guy in the left is wearing my shoes desu
>>
>>53252952
Ironic you say that. "hipster" was originally used to describe white kids who acted like black American jazz musicians.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hipster_(1940s_subculture)
>>
Jews in the media hype them until they go viral.
Then black people act like they achieved something.

Asians have learned this tactic and now hype their own shit until it goes viral, example: kpop

White people aren't allowed to hype their own shit or its racist.
>>
>>53252982
Those are white people boots tho
>>
They're not.
Nowadays hipsters are mostly white. They wear large glasses and ugly sweaters.
>>
File: assburger.jpg (7 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
assburger.jpg
7 KB, 188x268
>>53253118
Hispter was originally a germanic tribe. Everything besides this, is meme.
>>
>>53252822
>I don't wanna look like my peers
>*sees minority/subculture doing something*
>hey look there's a style I can do since no majority has done it

Then people copy that guy and so on and so forth. Funny thing is that American Blacks actually preserve a lot of stuff from the past. Salty originated in the early 20th century
>>
>>53253634
Ooooooh
>>
>>53252868
"No"
>>
White people, especially older white people, can never be cool. Its not in their DNA, its not in their genes, and its just embarrassing whenever they try.

Its not that black people are cool, its just that white people are so uncool they flock to Black people whenever they can just because Black people have traditionally been the largest visible minority in the USA.
>>
>>53252822
American media desu
the world follows you
>>
File: ASAP-Rocky.jpg?b0a886.jpg (187 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
ASAP-Rocky.jpg?b0a886.jpg
187 KB, 1000x667
>>53252822
>>53252822

I wish I fucking knew
>>
>>53252822
Stupidity is infectious.

Memes are the prime example.
>>
>>53252822
The guy on the right has a neat style. Two rest are generic hipsters muh street clothes.
>>
>>53256814
You're either ironic or dense, but it's because of Black America's position as outsiders. People have always been fascinated by their culture because they never fully integrated like most ethnic groups. Hence why blacks who "act white" are seldom seen as cool or authentic.

Related to this is the fact that black people have, since the advent of Jazz, focused on music/sports/film careers, or the "Every nigger is a star" effect. America saw blacks as fit for entertainment, but not as equals. This mentality persists today, even among the Tumblr crowd which reveres black people and but still treats them like an abstract "other." Almost like rare Zoo animals in an exhibit.
>>
>>53257077
quality post checked
>>
>>53257077

White people have never been cool even as outsiders though. I am not saying this to be mean its the truth.
>>
>>53257158
Speak for yourself, numbnuts lmao
Members of the dominant culture tend not to be "cool" because nothing sets them blatantly apart from the norm. You are neglecting various counter-culture movements in the 20th century which are still heavily romanticized and admired to this day. Think of the Fonz, what's Fonzie like?
>>
>>53257158
>White people have never been cool even as outsiders though

what, you've never heard of the hell's angels?
>>
>>53252822
being a retard is being cool nowadays
>>
>>53257158
I wanna know how this moron defines "cool"
>>
>>53257158
Have you ever heard of Clint Eastwood's many characters? To me it is an example of white people being cool. They are cool in a more reserved, calm nature.
>>
>>53252822
It looks like they stumbled blindly through a thrift shop in the dark and just put on the first clothes their hands touched.
I don't see many 'black' hipsters in my city though.
No shortage of blacks, but black hipsters tend to keep the company of white hipsters.
>>
>>53253342
>people like K-pop because they do what black artists do without being black which scared White girls love.
>>
>>53252822
I copy Kanye West, Kid Cudi, Kendrick Lamar and Drake's clothing. I try to blend them and I must say I look quite good and the ladies like it. The reason why Black Amiercans are trendsetters is because many of the popular ones are famous muscians who can reach many people, like me

>inb4 an autistic faggot who let his mother buy clothes from him from Wal Mart tells me I'm a nigger lover
>>
>>53257602
>copying kanye wests clothing

he doesn't have anything in his closet that doesnt at least look a little weird
>>
>>53257602
>I copy

trashed
>>
>>53252868
So the Jew is preventing the girl second-to-left from trying to preserve values considered to be popularized by Jews? That doesn't make much sense to me.
>>
>>53253585
That hipster big glasses look is mainstream now; even old people wear those.
>>
this is how they would be dressed if they were left in africa
>>
>>53256814
>White people, especially older white people, can never be cool

Stan Lee and William Shatner don't have a cool factor?
>>
>>53253634
>Salty originated in the early 20th century

Also "jazz" was a slang term for masturbation.
>>
Blacks essentially defined American pop culture; the first truly indigenous forms of music we had came from black communities.
>>
>>53252868
That's stupid as fuck.

>>53252822
Modernity is a death cult. It is a negation and installs nothing but obligation and learned helplessness in place of human expesssion.

>>53259356
Because Europe sent all its useless scum to the Americas.
>>
They've been stealing white fashion for the last 5 years now at least
>>
File: its all relative.jpg (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
its all relative.jpg
58 KB, 600x600
>>53252822
Because you didn't shoot most of them like we did
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 196x223) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 196x223
>>53262741
>Modernity is a death cult. It is a negation and installs nothing but obligation and learned helplessness in place of human expesssion.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.