[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finnic Union
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: balticfinns.jpg (71 KB, 598x347) Image search: [Google]
balticfinns.jpg
71 KB, 598x347
There exist only two finnic countries at the moment, Finland and Estonia. By finnic I mostly mean baltic finns, but I count the sami people in.
The finnic people need an union to promote our cultural and historical unity. It wouldn't be a nation, but an area that would allow economic and cultural exchange within the cultural borders of said union.

Ideas for a Finnic Union?
>>
>>53155485
>there's no mordva
>there's no cheremis
>there's no permyakis
Nah, that's shit.
>>
File: 31_3_NEWS FOREIGN CRIMINALS.jpg (50 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
31_3_NEWS FOREIGN CRIMINALS.jpg
50 KB, 960x540
I could never trust them.
>>
>>53155604
>russians
>low rate
proofs?
>>
>>53155568
They are fenno-ugric, not finnic. The union could of course expand (if successful) to fenno-ugric areas.
>>
>>53155568
Those are volga finns, different cultures and languages when compared to the baltic finns OP is talking about
>>
>>53155680
That union wouldn't work then >:(
>>
File: Spede_auts.jpg (33 KB, 896x722) Image search: [Google]
Spede_auts.jpg
33 KB, 896x722
>>53155848
Calm down

Are you of what ethnicity?
>>
>>53155901
Nah, doesn't matter. Have a nice day, m8!
>>
>>53156008
You too!
>>
>>53155604
muh per capita
vittu
>>
>>53155604
I didn't say anything about freedom of movement

Also imagine the crime rates of finnish people in Tallinn
>>
>>53155818

And Saami culture has what to do with Finnic culture?
>>
>>53156228
I think it's a geographical necessity. If the other fenno-ugric people would right next door, this would be a proposition for a fenno-ugric union instead.
Our history has also been more harmonous with the sami than with karelians, so I say they are cool
>>
File: FINDLAN.png (50 KB, 253x345) Image search: [Google]
FINDLAN.png
50 KB, 253x345
I would agree except besides karelians, groups like the veps and the votes and the izhorians and the livvi are pretty much extinct and their areas have too much proofs-people and even their ethnic people have too much proofs-blood for it to ever work
>>
>>53156925
That is exactly what the union would try to prevent: the disappearence of finnic cultures
The Livonian Coast in Latvia would be a prominent part of the union, for the last Livs live there
West Vepsians are doing whatnot okay, but yeah, izhorians and votes might not be saved even with artificial respiration
Ingrians in russia are in a sticky situation too
>>
>>53157286
>That is exactly what the union would try to prevent: the disappearence of finnic cultures
bit too late now
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.