[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is ethiopia so weird?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
why is ethiopia so weird?
>>
>>52994164
The Ark protected them from invaders
>>
>>52994164
Isn't South Sudan Christian?
>>
>>52994332
this tbqh
>>
because they 're based

>With the emergence of Islam in the 7th century, Ethiopia's Christians became isolated from the rest of the Christian world. The head of the Ethiopian church has been appointed by the patriarch of the Coptic church in Egypt, and Ethiopian monks had certain rights in the church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. Ethiopia was the only region of Africa to survive the expansion of Islam as a Christian state.[10]
>>
>>52994438
Yeah, this map is wrong.
>>
File: Distribution_of_Catholics.png (100 KB, 800x382) Image search: [Google]
Distribution_of_Catholics.png
100 KB, 800x382
>>52994164
That map is completely fucked.

Ethiopia is Oriental Orthodox (Miaphysites) not Eastern Orthodox. They are in communion with the Coptic Pope in Alexandria, not the Eastern Orthodox. Islam is a minority religion.

Tribal religions are not nearly that popular, in most of the yellow countries Catholicism is the majority religion.
>>
Ethiopia is nice. Or at least was. I like their old music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoIvS2ZsGhs
>>
What happened to the christians in the rest of north africa? Bred out, killed or converted? Either way it's impressive that the ehtiopions held on while the rest got cuked out of existence except for a handful of copts
>>
>>52995615
A combination of all three over the course a long time.
>>
They aren't eastern orthodox, they belong to a heresy which rejected the council of nicaea and remains along

They're weird because their rightful emperor was overthrown
>>
>>52996406
*Council of Chalcedon. Damned Monophysites.
>>
>>52995615
There are over 16 million Copts in Egypt though.
>>
>>52996728
I think Anon means North Africa West of Egypt.
>>
>>52994164
Never trust a Habesha, they are an insidious race.

t. Somali
>>
>>52996572
You say that with a laugh but those fuckers are why the arabs are muslims and not christians

I guess that insulated America from ugly Italianesque people dough
>>
>>52997251
An ethiope told me not to trust an eritrean

Both agreed your people were worthless and annoying
>>
>>52997522
Of course they'd lie to you, what do expect when talking to a Habesha swine.
>>
>>52997825
>basically scottish albanian muslims

Why should I trust you?
>>
>>52997522
Eritrean here honestly I don't care and laugh when "Habesha" try to pull any superiority complex.

Eritrea is a shithole and Somalia will outstrip it at this rate in like a few years.
Somaliland already surpassed it.
>>
>>52995615
there are still christians in north africa
many many many in tunisia and morocco
and many many in algeria some 20% if i were to estimate
but the government says 99% muslim
i dont believe that
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.