[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you support this? If so, why? If no, why not? Also, what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: 1402637981622.jpg (87 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1402637981622.jpg
87 KB, 600x600
Do you support this? If so, why? If no, why not?

Also, what's your general opinion of the homeless?
>>
>>52973699
wew were doing something right i guess
>>
>>52973699
there are places for the homeless to go, we just don't want them outside shops ffs

they smell bad
>>
>>52973699
Bit rude desu
>>
Letting bums sleep in public spaces is NOT "solving the problem"
>>
At least the Rasheeks and their millions of children crawl back into the hives at night. Fuck the homeless. Literally fitting the definition of sub-human.
>>
>>52973699
>anti homeless spikes
Based. If only there was something similar for poor people.
>>
>>52973699
Usually homeless people are mentally ill as they would get enough support to have a home if they would accept help. Still, putting all of them in mental asylums to be taken care off would still be cheaper than installing spikes that can easily be rendered useless by a wooden plank that can conveniently stored at the side of the road until night time.
In fact this is a mild service to the homeless as they dont have to get in contact with the ground and have a warmer place to stay in the winter.
>>
Free basic housing for all is the solution. People really should look at video games to solve societies problems.

Give everyone free housing, but position it in such a way that people feel social pressure to try and upgrade it. For upgrades you gotta pay. carrot on a stick. Do everything in the entire society like this.

There comes a point when you hit rock bottom, that you just decide you may as well stay there, cant get worse after all, and why go through effort to just dress up shit slightly? Provide everyone with a basic minimum however and they will see small improvements as actually tangible things worth working for.
>>
>>52973778
attach republican propaganda to welfare checks
>>
>>52973699
Ive noticed that everyone on normiebook complains about stuff like this but irl everyone wants the homeless out if their neighborhoods. I guess normies all want to be nice to the homeless as long as they want to see them.

I dont enjoy their presence much myself but as long as they are not on property who are we to say what they can or camt do?
>>
>>52973811
pls be joking
>>
>>52973699
wew
>>
>>52973699
Nope. Homelessness is a symptom of the safety net having failed; if society works well, we simply don't have (a lot of) homeless people

>>52973802
German Engineering at work, even if you're homeless and psychotic
>>
>>52973802
perhaps you could put them into some sort of work camp, were they could still be functioning members of society, some of the lucky ones might even get to assist with advanced medical research.
>>
>>52973853
social manipulation is the solution to all social problems
>>
Feel bad for them and all that. But at the same time I wouldn't go talk to one because I don't want to run the risk of them mugging me or doing some other crazy homeless person shit.
>>
>>52973699
I'm impressed Canadians came up with something so heartless before us. Good job, I guess.
>>
File: 2000px-Flag_of_New_Brunswick.svg.png (412 KB, 2000x1250) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Flag_of_New_Brunswick.svg.png
412 KB, 2000x1250
>>52973811
>Free basic housing for all is the solution
>Free
and where do you think the money is to build the roads, sewage, electrical, plumbing, and construct the homes?
unless you save everywhere you can and essentially make them slums, its going to cost a lot of money.
And you're gonna have to spend a shitload on maintenance unless you want every second slumdog suing their town because cardboard wall-tier construction broke and fell through the floor, shitty quality of water, etc
>>
>>52973699
This is money that would be better spent on building more homeless shelters or having re-insertion programs.

For having worked in close contact to homeless people, the thing that often makes me cringe is the amount of misunderstanding of this issue the rest of the society have. I had people argue with me that homeless were "lazy", as if anyone would deliberately live a life of misery, fear and violence.

With the exception of the one that had completely lost their mind, every single homeless I have ever met dreamed of living a normal life and getting a job. Problem is that this is nearly impossible to do if you don't have a place to take a shower, prep yourself for an interview or just rest a little bit. Being on the streets is tough, there are no rule of the law. Only violence, and it is a constant power struggle just to be allowed to exist (and for example, sleep in a certain street).

You don't want to have a fully fledged welfare state, but some people critically need help because no one cares about them and they are socially stuck.

Offering them shelter for even a few weeks, helping them connect with employers and assisting them in changing their habits to "fit" in the corporate world can truly do wonders.

So obviously I disagree with this, it morally questionable to crack down on hobos, who are always fighting for their survival, when they need help.
>>
>>52973699
But without homeless people, how can I give them large bills and impress lefty-minded girls that I want to fuck?
>>
>>52973958
>and where do you think the money is to build the roads, sewage, electrical, plumbing, and construct the homes?
>unless you save everywhere you can and essentially make them slums, its going to cost a lot of money.
>And you're gonna have to spend a shitload on maintenance unless you want every second slumdog suing their town because cardboard wall-tier construction broke and fell through the floor, shitty quality of water, etc

I dont know about other countries, but america already has enough empty houses to house all homeless

Money is abstract. Its a tool used to manage resources and is pretty deprecated in the modern era of instant communication to be honest. We should replace money with a form of social status, use all resources for the good of all, and provide status perks for good behavior and useful contributions to society, these perks can be used to upgrade your allotted possessions.
>>
>>52973699
I'm not sure. On one hand it would probably have a positive effect on panhandeling and dirty needles but on the other it does seem a little bit cold.

>Also, what's your general opinion of the homeless?
Really varies. I live in Seattle and there are massive amounts of homeless relative to the size of the city. Some of them are utter scum. They rob the stores regularly, beg aggressively, use drugs in public, and are all around fuckheads in general. On the other hand though some of them are definitely just mentally ill and just can't function at a normal level.
>>
>>52973960
How did you end up working close with these people?
>>
Convert churches into homeless shelters. Those buildings aren't being used for anything useful anyways
>>
File: you.jpg (303 KB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
303 KB, 2500x1667
>>52974033
>I dont know about other countries, but america already has enough empty houses to house all homeless
fucking kek, do you understand economics?
>Money is abstract. Its a tool used to manage resources and is pretty deprecated in the modern era of instant communication to be honest. We should replace money with a form of social status, use all resources for the good of all, and provide status perks for good behavior and useful contributions to society, these perks can be used to upgrade your allotted possessions.

well help my fuck, i guess not
>>
>>52974079
French Civic Service
>>
>>52973699
On window sills and infront of stores is fine so they don't bother people.
Under a bridge is fucked up though.
>>
No, because it's ugly.

Just call the police and let them baton them away.
>>
>>52973980
Please tell me how many times you've given cash to homeless people and how many times it's helped get you laid.
>>
File: outdoor_wee2.png (269 KB, 555x421) Image search: [Google]
outdoor_wee2.png
269 KB, 555x421
>>52974146
>Those buildings aren't being used for anything useful anyways
>>
>>52973699
I strongly dislike the homeless, and so would you if you worked downtown in a major city overnights
>>
>>52973699
you have to actually want to be homeless here.

gov gives too much away too degenerates t͏bh
>>
>>52975943
desu most of our homeless is drugged out youth or kids who've been kicked out before finishing high school education
>>
In Canada and EU, homelessness is definitely a choice, and no-one should be forced to humor them.
You should not do this in the US though, since your social security is shit.
>>
We havnt such things.
Some train stations are officcialy opened for homeless people in coldest winter days here. I dunno how they fight with their odour thought..
>>
File: 1449616029755.jpg (77 KB, 1096x728) Image search: [Google]
1449616029755.jpg
77 KB, 1096x728
>>52973699
I don't really mind homeless people. I'm more worried about muggers desu.
>>
>>52975484
I don't think it works.

Every time I've done it, they've ended up fucking the homeless guy instead just to give him something because I gave them something too.
>>
>>52976100
usually those two groups are intertwined, as that and sexual favours are their main businesses
>>
File: 1440808483314.jpg (132 KB, 700x470) Image search: [Google]
1440808483314.jpg
132 KB, 700x470
>>52974033
>Money is abstract - It is a tool used to manage resources. [...] We should replace money .
>>
File: pussy on a stick.png (293 KB, 543x391) Image search: [Google]
pussy on a stick.png
293 KB, 543x391
>>52975484
Know why I help the homeless?
'Cause it's pussy on a stick.

The girls love a soft, compassionate gentleman with a heart, it makes 'em feel real good about themselves. They can't 'elp but wonder, if I'm ready to give this much to dirty drug-addicted strangers, I must give a lot back home, with my cock.
The mere act of pouring some change to a bum's cup's easily comparable to me shootin' my load into a girl's box. That's what the ladies go for, a strong but humble saviour who can bring them out of their own poverty, just by dropping my trousers.
One sheila couldn't help 'erself, sucked me off right in that alleyway behind the skip.
After seeing me circle the block and drop a few quid, the girls all panhandle for my generous donation, i.e. my penis.

Get compassionate, get laid. Go figure.
>>
File: 1447196735640.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1447196735640.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>>52976232
You could also pay the bum for sex.
>>
>>52973699
somone could easy fall on one of these and die ffs
>>
It became a problem after Regan cancelled funding for the mental asylums back in the 80s. Many of these homeless are mentally ill with nowhere to go.
>>
>>52976457
I was meming you

It's from Bruiser, an old British sketch show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0EAz9Wv4uc
>>
>>52977150
Shit, this is hilarious. Thanks.
>>
>>52977214
The whole show was great, it was written by Mitchell and Webb. They only ever did six episodes of it because the cast members moved on to other projects, but all episodes are on YouTube. It's one of the best sketch shows around, in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02a723LsoFA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5nMzrSkmIg
>>
File: 360bulbscope.gif (316 KB, 269x169) Image search: [Google]
360bulbscope.gif
316 KB, 269x169
>>52973699
gib them heavy jobs with low pay. make highways, bridges and railways so their lazy asses can have some use.
>>
I've been on both sides of this, so I can empathize with some of it.

On the one hand, random people can't be required to take care of homeless, it's not their responsibility, so I can agree with spikes, especially near businesses where they drive away customers.

On the other hand, some homeless people are stuck, they have very few if any resources to better themselves. Homeless shelters are cesspools of drugs and crime, so they're not really an option for anyone trying to make something better of their life. They live in fear every day of being mugged and abused by random thrill seekers, and they live in fear of each other, that's why they usually only want money, if they have anything like clothes or food they'll be mugged by other homeless and it'll be stolen.

Another side to this is, in my experience, there are a large number of homeless people that don't want help and don't want to improve themselves, they're given everything for free and they're lazy pieces of shit.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.