[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Land of the free
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14
File: segregated.jpg (7 KB, 462x300) Image search: [Google]
segregated.jpg
7 KB, 462x300
>slavery longer than anyone else
>blacks had no right until the 1960s
>no sex until 18
>no drinking until 21
>selling sex illegal and punishable by jail time
>largest prison population the world has ever seen - bigger than the Soviet gulags
>death penalty
>three strikes
>murderous paramilitary cops
>asset forfeiture - no evidence or trial required
>if you work abroad you have to pay taxes both where you work AND in the USA even though you did not earn the money there
>one party state - the Republicrat party - right wing and very right wing - openly bought out by big business and special interest groups
>daily massacres

Can anyone explain to me why Americans unironically call the US the "land of the free" without the cognitive dissonance making their heads explode?
>>
>>52951216

gr8 b8 i r8 8/8
>>
yet somehow more free than you
>>
>>52951421
In what ways? We don't have any of the points in OP's post. Freedom to shoot up the mall?
>>
You realize America was supposed to be only free for the white anglo-saxon people, right?

Only affects black people.
Only affects black people.
>no sex until 18
Ok.
>no drinking until 21
Ok.
Ok.
>largest prison population the world has ever seen - bigger than the Soviet gulags
Mostly affects blacks.
>death penalty
Mostly affects blacks.
>three strikes
Ok.
Only affects blacks.
Mostly affects blacks.
>if you work abroad you have to pay taxes both where you work AND in the USA even though you did not earn the money there
Ok.
>one party state - the Republicrat party - right wing and very right wing - openly bought out by big business and special interest groups
Is that true?
>daily massacres
Only affects non-whites.
>>
File: 1340999563145.png (650 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1340999563145.png
650 KB, 1280x800
Muh home of the brave. Muh shining cty on a hill.
>>
>>52951216
Still better than Britain.
>>
>>52951648
>low quality bait

Sorry anon.
Im too smart for this idiotic fuckery you've concocted.
>>
File: 1370376417050.jpg (46 KB, 512x463) Image search: [Google]
1370376417050.jpg
46 KB, 512x463
>>52951684
In what ways?
>>
the northern states outlawed slavery in the 1820s
some
>no sex until 18
state rights
>no drinking until 21
also state rights but drunk driving prevents it being changed
not different from the rest of the world
the soviet gulags were buildings of the state, american prison system is private, it makes money
>death penalty
people like it
>three strikes
state
people likes it
terrorism makes taking things easy, it will come to you one day
most people work for offshore companies if they are overseas anyway
it's dualistic party since dems do it too
>daily massacres
private realm
>>
File: 1450338532231.jpg (709 KB, 766x754) Image search: [Google]
1450338532231.jpg
709 KB, 766x754
>>52951216
americans gave niggers several cities
and they ran them into the ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xypiZ-hqdY
>>
Cucking theres one thing i hate about the usa. Not outting the real prices in tags on supermarkets. Thats the most ankoying shitty thing ever. Fuck off americucks.
>>
>>52951857
muh caveats.
>>
>>52951648

In Murica, black lives matter, anon.
>>
>>52951216
>>slavery longer than anyone else
lol
>>blacks had no right until the 1960s
They had all the rights in their own areas.
>omg whites have their own places where they don't have to worry about being murdered or raped, it's a travesty and inhumane
>>no sex until 18
You can, if you have it with someone your own age. Not really enforced unless someone is above 18.
>>no drinking until 21
In some states, but few care.
>>death penalty
Yeah, for serial killers.
>>three strikes
Oh no, they can't continually stab people. Truly an injustice.
>>asset forfeiture - no evidence or trial required
There is usually a trial.
>>if you work abroad you have to pay taxes both where you work AND in the USA even though you did not earn the money there
Shit's complicated, but it's sometimes fucked.
>>one party state - the Republicrat party - right wing and very right wing - openly bought out by big business and special interest groups
Both parties are far left.
>>daily massacres
Only in black areas.

>>murderous paramilitary cops
>>selling sex illegal and punishable by jail time
>>largest prison population the world has ever seen - bigger than the Soviet gulags
True, it's kind of dumb.
>>
>>52951216
Not to mention having your guilt or innocence judged in court by a jury of randomly selected people. It's like a fucking game show.
>>
>>52951850
>caring about poor people
>>
>>52951973
killing people and going to jail is not a freedom anywhere
>>
>>52951850
Every way.
If you honestly think this country is such a mess then why are we in control of the planet?
>>
>>52951486
We don't have any literal "WE'RE WATCHING U" ads at our bus stops at least
>>
>>52951216
Some people actually believe this kek'ed
>>
>>52952047
>advertising that buses and trains are now safer because there's security cameras
>IT'S A POLICE STATE MIND CONTROL
>>
>>52951857
That is literally the weakest response I have ever read.
>>
>>52951216
>>if you work abroad you have to pay taxes both where you work AND in the USA even though you did not earn the money there

this is the worst desu.
>>
File: despair4.jpg (5 KB, 350x249) Image search: [Google]
despair4.jpg
5 KB, 350x249
>>52951860
There's always that sliver of hope that things aren't as bad in the UK as the memes lead me to believe but then I see Captain Britain is a Muslim woman and I can feel that hope just fade away
>>
File: 070813ad.jpg (93 KB, 620x500) Image search: [Google]
070813ad.jpg
93 KB, 620x500
>>52952047
>>
>>52951216
>daily massacres

Interesting how these are all related. We didn't have daily shootings in the 50s.
>>
>>52952214
Marvel is American.
>>
>>52952023
Also unmarked police cruisers (defeating the entire purpose of police as public servants and crime deterrants and turning them into revenue generators) and license plate scanners (identity linked mass surveillance of transit) are legal in the US.
>>
>>52951857
>american prison system is private, it makes money
even worse than gulag
prisioners are literally exploited by some private companies
>>
File: 1410606409968.png (113 KB, 574x511) Image search: [Google]
1410606409968.png
113 KB, 574x511
>>52952047
>believing the memes
>>
>>52952288
Do you guys do place in plain clothes?
>>
>>52952280
Yeah but for the idea to be so prominent that they're like "yes this makes sense" it bums me out
>>
>>52952263
But by far the most mass-shootings are carried out by whites. Blacks shoot each other individually in larger numbers but these are over money/drugs etc not just becuase they go crazy.
>>
>mfw Brits can get arrested over tweets
>>
>>52952335
Capeshit is Capeshit.
Also who cares?
>>
File: 1402391181069.gif (97 KB, 236x213) Image search: [Google]
1402391181069.gif
97 KB, 236x213
>>52952400
my autism cares god dammit
>>
>>52952335
Comic book artists and writers are so divorced from reality that it can be painful for me to read them trying to do politics, science or even sex
>>
>>52952214
>captain britain

kek who the fuck is that
>>
>>52952046
You don't. You can't even successfully occupy Iraq or Afghanistan or defeat North Vietnam or North Korea. You lucked out in WWII - sat on the sidelines while all your economic rivals duked it out and were devastated and bankrupted. You used this opportunity to re-jig the world economy in your favour. That is wearing off now.
>>
>>52952358
Only the ones that are high profile

"Mass shootings" by blacks against other blacks are much more common and likely to happen, yet they never get reported. My city had a shootout between two nig gangs last year and it didn't get coverage past the local level.
>>
File: newImage1372829685.jpg (23 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
newImage1372829685.jpg
23 KB, 214x317
>>52951857

>american prison system is private, it makes money

Murrica, always in the vanguard of civilization.
>>
>>52952335
Nobody cares about your ridiculous homoerotic capeshit outside man-child Americans.
>>
>>52952326
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/10172298/One-surveillance-camera-for-every-11-people-in-Britain-says-CCTV-survey.html
>>
>>52952575
It's racist to portray blacks poorly in the media these days.
>>
>>52952334
>Do you guys do place in plain clothes?
What?
>>
>>52952523
>is a fictional character, a superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics.

americans create the character then come here and blame us for it, my sides no wonder they think we're overrun by muslims they literally are making shit up as they go along.
>>
>>52951987
holy shit
>>
>>52952167
deadpan is beyond your people since it is 100% truth
>>
>>52952665
What? It's because they aren't shooting up random people, it's because they're shooting up gangbangers and drug dealers.
>>
>>52952326
he's not wrong. America does feel 'free-er' in many ways.
>>
>>52951216
Because we don't have laws that allow you to be jailed if you say something racist, nor do we fear for our lives going through sharia control zones,
>>
>The survey included all cameras in public and private areas, regardless of whether the images are recorded or watched “live”.

So?
>>
>>52951987
>There is usually a trial.
Where you have to prove your innocence.
>>
>>52952818
for
>>52952648
>>
>>52952798
It's emptier and less orderly, but that doesn't make it freer.
>>
>>52952830
Maybe in Germany. Here we have "innocent until proven guilty" via a court of law.
>>
>>52952889
>says the german.

I'm just saying 'how it feels' and I've really only been to parts with a similar population density to europe tbqh.
>>
>>52952877
>With potentially more than five million CCTV cameras across country, including more than 300,000 cameras in schools, we are being monitored in a way that few people would recognise as a part of a healthy democratic society.
So, you're one of those people who are ok with being watched wherever you go?
>>
>>52952648
LMAO

http://www.popularmechanics.com/military/a2398/4236865/

>30 MILLION CCTV CAMERAS

compared to our 5.9million

LMFAO
>>
Is three strikes applied to banalities as well? Like, three times driving 70 instead of 60, three times stealing a chocolate bar from a store etc.?
>>
>>52951216
pfthahahahahahahahaha
So?
>>no sex until 18
Varies by state, mostly unenforced anyway
>>no drinking until 21
See above
>>selling sex illegal and punishable by jail time
Agreed
>>largest prison population the world has ever seen - bigger than the Soviet gulags
Except the vast majority of prisoners here are criminals, not political dissidents.
>>death penalty
So?
>>three strikes
So?
>>murderous paramilitary cops
As opposed to unarmed cops who had to call in a special unit to take down a nigger with a knife
>>asset forfeiture - no evidence or trial required
Agreed.
Agreed, unless you work for the federal government/military
>>one party state - the Republicrat party - right wing and very right wing - openly bought out by big business and special interest groups
Bullshit, Democrats do the same thing and are far more politically popular overall
>>daily massacres
Exaggeration, and even then most shootings are nigs and spics shooting each other.
>>
>>52952980
>30million
>>
>>52952889
Geography does matter with regards to freedom though

I don't think there's any urban area that's 100% free in the world

The only way to be 100% Free is to live alone in the wilderness. The moment you start living with other people, at least some rules and restrictions come in.
>>
>>52951486
oh you were being serious

thought you lifted it from reddot or something
>>
>There are an estimated 30 million surveillance cameras now deployed in the United States shooting 4 billion hours of footage a week.

oh how i am laffin
>>
>>52953012
Except we have a much larger population. You're still far more heavily surveyed than we are. Even Snowden says your police state is by far the worst.

>Spy agencies free to track everyone’s internet use without warrant
>UK governments have signed secret orders on data collection for years
>Snowden says bill is most intrusive surveillance regime in the west
>>
>>52952816
>nor do we fear for our lives going through sharia control zones
Yet you fear for your life going through any neighborhood with more than three black people, and ironically enough, even though the two (that's right, only two) people who tried to enforce it got immediately arrested, if that wasn't the case you'd be much safer there as long as you're not piss-drunk.
>>52952980
>So, you're one of those people who are ok with being watched wherever you go?
And why are you against it? If I was mugged I'd be quite happy if I was on camera so we could catch the guy. Besides, we really aren't much better. See >>52953012
>>
>>52953055
felony, murder, gta, tax evasion, things like that

stealing gum and not cutting the lawn are not felonies

mite be cool if you get no parole for life if you don't mow your lawn for three times
>>
>>52952897
But that's wrong, we don't have civil forfeiture in Germany. Why are police allowed to confiscate your belongings on suspicion and keep them as theirs unless you prove your innocence in the US? Police could literally walk up to your door, say "we think you bought this with drug money" and drive off in your car.
>>
>>52953151
>30 million
>>
>>52952358
>But by far the most mass-shootings are carried out by whites
Wrong. Just the ones the media harps on about for weeks. Nobody talks about Tyrone shooting shit up until it comes time to whine about gun laws.
If you want to talk about shootings as a very common thing blacks are mandatory. Otherwise you're just a media drone.
>>
>>52953151
One camera for every 11 people in the UK, one camera for every 11 people in the US, what's the difference?
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 250x240
>>52953218
>Worst in the West
>>
>be me
>be young
>love the USA, just want to study there for a while, would like to visit Vermont, Minnesota and some other places
>oh nice I have the opportunity to talk to some americans on 4chan
>LMAO NIGGER MONKEY UUUH UHH NIGGER FUCK OFF GAYBITCHFAG WE'LL NUKE YOU

well..
>>
>>52953189
>And why are you against it? If I was mugged I'd be quite happy if I was on camera so we could catch the guy.
Get the fuck out of my country you fucking statest piece of shit
>>
>>52953210
One guy lost his poker championship winning due to civil forfeiture. It's known they abuse it to steal stuff.
>>
>>52951648
>Is that true?
Yes it is and on massive scale. There's 10 or so lobbyists for every congressman in Washington DC, depending on which industry's lobby you're examining. Many congressmen or ministers active in the current government were either chosen from the financial elite or will get a job at the biggest lobbyists' corporation. For example during the years leading to the financial crisis of 2008 Larry Summers acted as the leading force for deregulation of derivates and most important of all CDOs. He cut down SEC with the help of intimidation from lobbyists and the big bankers which he was friends with. Brooksley Born tried to regulate the highly volatile and unregulated derivative markets in 1998 with the help of the CFTC, but was shut down by Larry Summers at the command of Wall Street. CFTC had issued a proposal for a law to the government, but behind closed doors the lobbyists had twisted the law proposal as well as issued a joint statement by none other than FED chairman Alan Greenspan, treasury secretary Robert E. Rubin and SEC chairman Arthur Levitt that simply said: "Trust us and our friends, derivatives are safe".

Another prime example is Fannie Mae overstating its income by over 10 billion dollars during 1998 to 2003. The CEO at the time, Franklin Reins, had acted as Clinton's budget director, received 52 million in bonuses during this time.
>>
>>52953339
you were young only once
>>
File: murdermericans.jpg (233 KB, 1020x1264) Image search: [Google]
murdermericans.jpg
233 KB, 1020x1264
>>52951216
Sudan technically, since circa 8,000 BC (earliest archaeological evidence of slavery)

Brazil was the last western nation to outlaw it I think if you don't count the Nazis and Soviets forced labour programs

>
>no sex until 18

Statuatory rape only counts if one of the people is above the age of 16/18 (depends on state) and the other is under it with a gap of 2-3 years

>no drinking until 21
This is really good, google scholar search on alcohol and the developing brain. It's devastating.

>>death penalty

Not where I live thankfully
>>
>>52953282
That's not relevant unless you post the the meme calendar that says there's been 300 mass shooting this year. What you're saying doesn't change the fact that people (yes, even whites!) are mowing down random civilians on a bi-monthly basis, when that very, very, rarely happens in Continental Europe, and never in the UK.
>>52953374
>people shouldn't be able to put up security cameras on their own property to protect said property
You ought to leave mate, don't like people who want to limit freedoms around here.
>>
>>52951216
First 100,000 USD earned abroad is untaxed, actually. So the only people paying any taxes are pretty high earners.

>no sex until 18
Varies by state. In mine 16 is the age of consent.

The rest is mostly true, though.
>>
>>52953339
>taking 4chan seriously
The worst that might happen in real life is someone mistakenly calling you a Mexican.
>>
>>52951216
Oh look its another obsessed european
>>
>>52953478
>bi-monthly
Oh no 200 people died.
>meanwhile 19,000 died in traffic accidents
Like I said, you're media drones. People that care about shit because the media reports it, not because it's particularly significant.
>>
>>52953286
The reality is that both countries have massive problems, but this is /int/, so no one will admit that
>>
>>52953428
Adding to this, Phill Gramm with the help of Alan Greenspan and Larry Summers got a law passed in 2000 that pretty much exempted derivative markets from regulation of any kind. He would later become a chairman of the board of UBS.
>>
File: 1381288813631.jpg (791 KB, 2288x1712) Image search: [Google]
1381288813631.jpg
791 KB, 2288x1712
>>52951216
>UK
L
O
L
>>
>>52953588
I'm not saying we need or should ban guns, I'm saying it's something that causes fear that doesn't happen in any other western country. Is that not true?
>>
>>52953620
>>52953428

Phil Gramm's wife had acted as a board member in Enron during from 1993.

It's amazing how the law making in the US is corrupted by special interest groups, friends pulling favours for friends and even husbands giving special gifts of deregulation for their wives.
>>
>>52953733
>>52953620
>>52953428
Not to mention that Larry Summers later made upwards of 20 million as a consultant for a company that made its money by betting on derivatives.
>>
File: 1449037631175.png (511 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1449037631175.png
511 KB, 900x900
>mfw all europeans ever do is think about america
>mfw americans dont give two shits about your third world shit holes
>>
>>52951216
Can't tell if you're incredibly retarded or just baiting.
>>
>>52954295
He is certainly not retarded nor baiting about the special interest group part.
>>
>>52953339
>taking internet insults seriously
that says much more about you than your nationality
>>
>>52954248
We hardly think about you, but we constantly think about how we hate each other and russians.
>>
>>52954491
>hate
>russians
on a geopolitical scale, you can't deny that our countries have similar interests
>>
>>52954345
Both parties participate in said activities, so yes, he is wrong.
>>
>>52954627
Read what OP posted about it:
which means that both the democrats and the republicans are in the pockets of the big corporations. I thought that would be clear from the satirical Republicrat part.
>>
>>52954881
>openly bought out by big business and special interest groups

Trump's not. He makes a point to mention it every time how he won't accept money. I hope he can reform the system.
>>
>>52951216
Something I've wondered: What about Asians (or Hispanics, Indians, etc.) could they use the white facilities or did they count as colored?
>>
>>52955374
>actually believing the things your politicians say during campaigning
Trump -is- a businessman. Do you really think he'll just cut all his business connections?
>>
>>52956549
He doesn't have to. He's got 9 billion dollars and has an ego larger than Texas. The last thing he does is look like a failure on the world stage. That will keep him to his word.
>>
>>52951216

Cuba, Brazil, Puerto Rico. And that's if we're only counting chattel slavery of Africans, not slavery in general.

Depends on the state. We are a federation of semi-sovereign states, you know.

>no sex until 18
Only for legal purposes; colloquially it happens and we ignore it as long as both parties are at least around 16.

>no drinking until 21
No *purchasing alcohol* until 21. There actually isn't a legal limit on drinking itself.

We're hardly unique in that regard.

>death penalty
Depends on the state.

>three strikes
Depends on the state

You live in a country with gun laws like ours, see what that does to your police.

I don't even know what that is.

Again, hardly unique in that regard.

If we're a one party state under the Republicans, then how do we have a nearly even split in both houses of Congress, and a Democrat president?

>daily massacres
Again, stupid gun laws.
>>
>>52951857
>not different from the rest of the world

Actually, selling sex is not illegal here.
Buying is.
>>
>>52957626
It's like in Oregon, you can buy a raccoon here but it's illegal to sell them. At the end of the day it doesn't matter, it's still illegal
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.