[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can anyone please culturally enrich me on 剩女 the leftover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: sheng nu.jpg (25 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
sheng nu.jpg
25 KB, 500x300
can anyone please culturally enrich me on 剩女 the leftover women phenomenon in China?
>>
Women who approaches their 30s.

Women is supposed to marry before she reach that age. It is not just China. It is an Asian thing. They don't have "strong independent women" feminist memes. If you don't get a man before you are old, you are failure as a woman.
>>
>>52932976
desu there are actually competent women here
although i'd wager most career women get matched up with other employees by their bosses
>>
>>52932911
>>52932976
There are more men than women, but few men are considered eligible. Guys with money prefer girls in their early twenties.
>>
>>52933014
>Guys with money prefer girls in their early twenties.
I'm fairly certain they wouldn't be opposed to teenagers either.
>>
>>52934381

Or kiddies, since they're asian and such
>>
The leftover women generally are high educated, high income white collar women live in cities(although overall there is more males than females in China, but in cities is on the opposite). They have the ability to earn their lives and they tend to have high standard towards their husbands, so many of them tend no to find husbands or it is difficult to find a satisfied husbands. Besides, most of them enjoy independent lives and afraid things like having babies would intervene their career. We called them leftover women because in Chinese traditions, women over 30 is hard to get married anymore.
>>
>>52937026
are there a lot?
>>
>>52932911
>It is an Asian thing
Not so much in places like Korea and Japan, but it still carries a stigma there amongst the older generations who'll generally harass the shit out of their kids with 'why aren't you married yet' at any given moment.

China is stuck in this awkward phase of trying to be modern, but dragging along the carcass of centuries of tradition and not quite sure what to do with themselves. The reality is that there's a lot more men in China than women so it shouldn't be hard for all but the most uggo's to find a partner- however, the really talented women that don't need a husband because they're financially independent also fall into this weird grey area that is a bit outside conventional society.
>>
>>52937062
There are quiet a lot as my experiences, and it is a quiets hot social issue and topic about feminist.
>>
>>52932911
Guess that happens when daddy's little princess set her standards way too high.
>>
>>52937200
do they even want to get married
>>
>>52933009
Seriously? Are you twelve or retarded?
>>
It sucks as husband, desu, because you know that your wife's earning a lot more than you and is on top of that, far better educated and more intelligent.

No wonder noone wants to marry these women.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.