[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
perfect country? >rich >highly developed >clean as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5
File: 21220721055_f35509a3a5_h.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
21220721055_f35509a3a5_h.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1066
perfect country?

>rich
>highly developed
>clean as fuck
>no mudslims
>top tier weather(I know it's tropical so hot af for me I would probably melt or something but human is a tropical mammal after all)
>you can live and work here knowing only English(my friend does)
>>
>>52887449
>Country-city
>perfect
lmao
>>
>>52887449
How are Polish gun laws?
>>
>>52887650
>polish
That's Singapore in the picture, friend.

>how are Singapore gun laws?
Shit, i.e. the populace live at the mercy of an elitistic, autocratic, quasi-fascist government.
>>
What country is it? You never specified.
>>
they are very successful but if you learn a little bit more about the place it's actually pretty fucked
>>
>>52887650
why are you so obsessed with guns? fuck them I don't care at all
>>
>>52887975
fucked, how?
>>
>>52887975
Like what? Tell me.
>>
>>52887904
>That's Singapore in the picture, friend.
Shit, thank you. I'm dumb.

>>52888023
I think they're all right.
>>
>>52887449
>singapore
>no mudslime
woat? they literally locked between 2 most radical region ready to fuck the shit up
>>
>>52888068
i guess no guns

and chewing gum
>>
>>52887449
Singapore? It has no snow.
I want to live in a place that has 4 seasons.
>>
>>52887449
>no mudslims
They have 15% muslims, that's more than France I believe, or at the very least on par with France.
>>
>>52888085
i dont think asean muslims are that radical compared to fucking isis al-qaeda and east turkestan
>>
>>52888057
literally killed their culture, really fucked up laws, you can get arrested for criticizing the government (some kid made a youtube criticizing the dictator that died and got locked up), etc etc

wish i had a proxy cause im sure someone's just going to talk shit about the US since i made this post but they really just traded everything for economic success. makes you wonder if that was really worth it.
>>
Im kinda depressed desu
all the other SG posters have their things to do and im here

;_; hold me int
>>
>>52888179
France is 7 %, I don't know where you faggots get these ideas from. Reminds me of a poll some weeks ago, where the majority of people in their respective countries (Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, France) thought a fourth of the population is muslim.
>>
>>52888179
eh why muslims had to fuck up asean too? is it not enough they contaminated middle east, north africa, central asia but asean too?

that sucks
>>
>>52887449
>you can live and work here knowing only English(my friend does)

what kind of job?
>>
>>52888103
>i guess no guns
i literally dont give a fuck about guns, i dont own one and have never shot one. like a lot of americans.
>>
>>52888211
desu the charges were based on him insulting chirstianity, but yeah the intent was due to him insulting lky afew days after his death.

>traded everything for economic success. makes you wonder if that was really worth it.
I suppose it depends, basically everything is counted in as status quo, even my life (conscription)

but its not much of a choice, from our founding it was picking our poison
>>
>>52888023
Could you be any more ignorant of your own country's history? You of all people should care about guns, since your (mostly unarmed) people have been slaughtered on the regular by Germans and Russians since the middle-ages.
>>
>>52888211
>some kid made a youtube criticizing the dictator that died and got locked up
>implying you any critiscism of Lee Kwan Yew is valid and not slander

he asked for it 2bh , Lee kwan yew will ride eternal in valhalla
>>
>>52888191

They have a pretty hardcore literal sharia province in Indonesia, Malaysia is fighting extremists while funding extremists in Phillibenis. A bunch of isis supporters got arrested in Indonesia recently, I think a few got nabbed today and there's a bunch of terrorism related warnings for tourists heading over there because of all the holiday events.

I like the region but I don't think it'd take much to head down a dark path to be desu
>>
>>52888243
just ask any mnc thats based here
its abit risky to go into singapore looking for a job as a foreigner, usually their sent here already with a job stationed here

>>52888241
arab traders came into the malayan peninsula and spread islam, their not too bad as compared to arabs
>>
>>52888300
im not blaming you, you were just born (i'm assuming) and live there. i just find it pretty weird that people who really criticize the US will turn around and praise Signapore when in a lot of ways your country is a much more extreme version of the US in city-state form.
>>
>>52888191
M I L F

I

L

F
>>
>>52888234
Well, if that's true then Singapore is more than twice as bad as France. I thought 15% sounded too much for France too, but I didn't know. However 7% sounds too little?

>>52888241
Yeah, but I don't know whether these muslims are as bad as the ones who come from middle east and africa.
>>
>>52888246
>"I am an un-american, freedom-hating communist wimp who will vote for the bern"
>like a lot of americans.
oh am laffin
>>
>>52888211
>literally killed their culture
?
also
>American speaking of culture

>really fucked up laws

>you can get arrested for criticizing the government (some kid made a youtube criticizing the dictator that died and got locked up)
m-muh western freedom of speech should be a standard everywhere

also aren't they a democracy

>>52888211
>they really just traded everything for economic success
>implying you didn't
>when US trade people's lifes for economic success thats FREEDOM and CAPITALISM
>when another country does that it's "fucked up"
>>
>>52888361
yeah, im aware of the certain similarities
but we don't have alot of actual military power and we don't greatly influence the world
people do critize us too, but its less vocal since no one here cares, while the US being much more relevant to global events will get you a response
>>
>>52888393

ASEAN satay kebabs are way more civilized/chill than arabs
>>
>>52888361
>i just find it pretty weird that people who really criticize the US will turn around and praise Signapore when in a lot of ways your COUNTRY is a much more extreme version of the US in city-state form.
It's not "weird" to face such thoughtless criticism. Consider the normal distribution of IQ. In short, most people aren't very bright and thus not able to critically analyze their own thoughts or the thoughts laid out by other people/entities.
>>
>>52888412
no i'm not, and i'm not for gun control (here) either. the only thing i would change would be a stricter psychological evaluation for purchase of firearms. guns are just a reality here. i see being into guns as someone from europe would see someone being into cars.

since you don't live somewhere with as open gun laws as us you fetishize something that is completely normal to me and see me saying something as simple as "im not interested in guns" as being an attack on your obsession.
>>
>>52888241
>eh why muslims had to fuck up asean too?
because its what islam is?
>>
>>52888308
top kek
>>52888308
>You of all people should care about guns, since your (mostly unarmed) people have been slaughtered on the regular by Germans and Russians since the middle-ages.
we slaughtered them aswell

the day our forces left Moscow is still a national day in Russia
>>
>>52888488
I think that sounds right. But are they into sharia laws too, tho?
>>
>>52888428
>m-muh western freedom of speech should be a standard everywhere
Yes, it should be the standard everywhere. What are you, some backwards-aspiring chink?

>also aren't they a democracy
No.

>implying you didn't
>when US trade people's lifes for economic success thats FREEDOM and CAPITALISM
The US doesn't "trade people's lives" for anything.

In case you hadn't yet noticed, the constitution of the USA explicitly mentions the "right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" as core values of the Republic.
>>
>>52888428
lmao this is literally why i said i wish i had a proxy to make that post, you stupid fuck, because you didn't even give what i said any consideration and instead looked at my flag and decided to meme on me

to answer the only point you made without memeing on me, the most obvious example of anything traditional being crushed is the fact that asian languages are only spoken natively by 62% of the population
>>
>>52888578
nah
once kebab has money and things to lose kebab falls into vices
most kebabs here are well integrated, plus the military language is malay, so eh, its not likely the ones here or in malaysia would want sharia law

i cant speak for indo or brunei though
>>
>>52888211
>makes you wonder if that was really worth it.

We live next door to the country with the second largest population of open defecators in the world after India. Yes, it was very worth it.
>>
>>52888636
what are you doing here bro

aso alone? ;_;
>>
>>52888516
>the only thing i would change would be a stricter psychological evaluation for purchase of firearms
What would that achieve? You don't have "gun violence" in well-off, majority white areas, and that won't change in either direction if you stricten your gun laws.

Black and latino gang members running around with illegal guns are your real problem, and their appearance is caused by poverty and social exclusion.

>since you don't live somewhere with as open gun laws as us you fetishize something that is completely normal to me and see me saying something as simple as "im not interested in guns" as being an attack on your obsession.
You said, loosely quoted, "the American public is not interested in guns". Don't change the subject, you fuckwit.
>>
>rich
>highly developed
>Poland
>>
>>52888636
fair enough, i don't think you can by any measure say that you're living in the perfect country though like OP is implying.
>>
>>52888603
>The US doesn't "trade people's lives" for anything.

It does so, but with foreigner's lives.
>>
>>52888562
>we slaughtered them aswell
You were a Soviet vassal state for over 40 years.

>the day our forces left Moscow is still a national day in Russia
Are you keen on browsing websites citing made-up alternative history?
>>
>>52888578

Brunei is fucked due to the monarchy and Indonesia has Aceh. I imagine there are supporters for sharia and shit like that but the region actually has economic growth so maybe the pull of religion for poorer people isn't as strong as it is in the ME
>>
>>52888710
>It does so, but with foreigner's lives.
In what way? Do please expand your claim.
>>
File: 1269582107091.jpg (19 KB, 385x383) Image search: [Google]
1269582107091.jpg
19 KB, 385x383
>>52888700

>he hasn't reaped the rewards of investing in eastern poland
>>
>>52888716

Lol wut? It is a national holiday here indeed
>>
File: 1448352309206.png (519 KB, 580x633) Image search: [Google]
1448352309206.png
519 KB, 580x633
>this thread is now 50% a discussion on america because i had the gall to post an opinion in a serious manner from this country

>people wonder why we just shitpost and bait on here
>>
>>52888761
saddam when the shah of iran was overturned
>>
>>52888745
>and Indonesia has Aceh
And? I don't know anything about that.
>>
>>52888709
No, I agree, the country is shit. But the trade off between rich or boring is a no brainer. Only shits who have it too good cannot appreciate it.
>>
>>52887449
>dictators
lmao
>conscription
lmao
>>
>>52888990

Whenever you hear a muslim meme happening in Indonesia like how a woman was recently canned publicly for being near a guy it's usually in Aceh which has sharia law.
>>
>>52889216
Good god.

Ok.

But that must mean the ideas of sharia laws must be more prevalent in the whole region than you'd expect? I mean, most sharia supporters are apparent "normal" muslims who don't speak out about it, unless they are in a region in which it's not a taboo.
>>
singapore or hong kong
>>
>>52889402

The idea of it is around but the appeal to go full retard like in Africa or the ME isn't really there. They aren't being bombed by the West, they aren't mud cookie poor and they have economic growth. It's kind of like where Turkey was before the 90s and where Lebanon is now minus the jews constantly shitting on them.
>>
>expensive as all hell
>people living in wardrobe sized apartments
>no fun allowed
>>
>>52889684
Do they still treat women like shit?

>Lebanon
Lebanon is horrible tho. Women are still treated shit there, even if it's not like they get canned publicly, so it's not at all comparable to our countries.

>Turkey was before the 90s
Is Turkey worse now than in 90s?
>>
>>52889216
>>52889402
desu aceh is a special kind of retard, and quite different from other indon provinces. they've been rebelling since the 60s to attempt to create their own country, in the last peace agreement they force the gov. to apply sharia to their province or they threat to sucede

more info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurgency_in_Aceh
>>
>>52890018

Every Indonesian/Malaysian girl I've talked to or been friends with has been pretty normal and they've never mentioned anything bad about the way they were treated back home. They aren't covered in garbage bags with a leash but I'd imagine they'd still have cultural expectations and glass ceilings imposed on them in those countries.

90s was when the current islamist party came into power

I mostly talk to Christian lebs and they're always upbeat about the country so maybe I'm just getting a weird image about the place.
>>
>>52888603
>Yes, it should be the standard everywhere.
>my culture and morality is universal!!
>>52888603
>No.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore#Government_and_politics
I don't know how it isn't democracy.
>>52888603
>The US doesn't "trade people's lives" for anything.
Is this a joke or are you completely brainwashed by the American propaganda? All their wars since WW1 is trading lifes for money and power. Not saying it's bad or good, everyone does it like this, though in case of America it's really spectacular.
>>52888603
>In case you hadn't yet noticed, the constitution of the USA explicitly mentions the "right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" as core values of the Republic.
Tell that to people killed by drones fucking idiot.
>>52888610
I'm not memeing you it's just your country does the same shit and you don't care, but in case of the other country it's suddenly bad and fucked up...
>>52888700
Singapore fucking retard.
>>52888804
Can you say how it's called? I wasn't really sure about it I just saw it somewhere probably in some polish propaganda history book.
>>52889652
Singapore by far. Singapore is just better HK.
>>
>>52890455

https://ru.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Дeнь_нapoднoгo_eдинcтвa
>>
>>52890522
>B Bикипeдии нeт cтaтьи c тaким нaзвaниeм.
>>>
>>
>>52890767

Sorry, just google Дeнь нapoднoгo eдинcтвa...
>>
>>52887449
I hurts to admit, but honestly, Switzerland is the perfect country.
>>
>>52887449
Is tall buildings and pretty lights all it takes to impress you?
>>
>>52890433
Yeah, I mean, I'm not gonna presume to be any kind of expert on Lebanon, but I have a christian friend in Lebanon, and she tells me all kinds of shit. Even in christian families girls are treated badly, albeit not as badly as in muslium families obviously. Like, what if a girl is in love with some guy and they want to go on dates and stuff? They most commonly can't openly, because family won't approve that kind of behaviour, so instead they have to sneak off to a deserted place, or something. And some, I guess only seldom, girls even get killed for such behavior, like having sex before marriage. It's fucked up by our standards, even if it's only a shadow of what you'd see in the other countries in middle east.
>>
File: 20653362695_036c864ab4_h.jpg (789 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
20653362695_036c864ab4_h.jpg
789 KB, 1600x1066
>>52890885
too traditional and boring for young people, I visited Switzerland, is cool, rich and all but not for me
>>52891088
Singaporean modern architecture is top tier, what's wrong with it? Also these buildings aren't even tall kek.
>>
>>52887449
no

>>52888191
You don't know shit, our very own branch of Al-Qaeda tried to bomb the metro

>>52888222
>all the other SG posters
False
>>
>>52890455
>I don't know how it isn't democracy.
The government disbands the coalition. It's been the same people in power since independence.

Stop fucking idolising this shithole. You're going to want to live here before fucking praising it.
>>
>>52889069
>But the trade off between rich or boring is a no brainer. Only shits who have it too good cannot appreciate it.
This is true. It could be far better, though.
>>
>>52888335
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-30/australian-donors-send-half-a-million-to-indonesia-for-terrorism/7059128
You meant aussie to fund the indonesia terorism. actually not that hardcore. The sharia law in aceh until now has yet bring victim cmiiw. Why spore and malaysia that has full blown sharia in entire country but us that doesn't is the one take the blame?
>>
File: Singapore.png (14 KB, 209x418) Image search: [Google]
Singapore.png
14 KB, 209x418
>>52887449
>no muslims
>>
>>52891376

These kinds of standards aren't only found in the Middle East, you literally described Southern Italy and rural Greece and Cyprus.
>>
>Singapore
>perfect

Kek

Among tiny states I'd say its a toss between mountain jews and that one country nearby that I can't spell correctly
>>
>>52887449
My indon friend you put the flag upside down, m80.
>>
>>52891780
>Among tiny states I'd say its a toss between mountain jews and that one country nearby that I can't spell correctly
Yeah, Switz and Liech are decent.
>>
>>52891780

Brunei?
>>
>>52888234
*9.6%
>>
>>52891862
He's referring to Switzerland and Liechtenstein (mountain Jews)
>>
>>52891766
You mean an italian girl (and greek, cyprus) will be physically punished by her male family members if she go on dates with guys?
>>
Indonesia is a small country when the last revolution is at 1998 so we're very young and so no bully.
>>
>>52888335
When the major terorist threat in indonesia happened except bali bombing that is more than decades ago?There is none so don't scare of people.
>>
>>52891965

Sometimes. I only have anecdotal evidence, but I know for a fact male southern Italian family members are extremely protective of female family members and often disapprove of dating unsupervised, to say nothing of dating without the family's knowledge.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.