[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Polish language the European version of Vietnamese? They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: Flag-Pins-Poland-Vietnam.jpg (50 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
Flag-Pins-Poland-Vietnam.jpg
50 KB, 400x320
Is the Polish language the European version of Vietnamese? They both sound like the speaker is vomiting, they are both completely irrelevant, and they both have an unnecessary amount of accents on their letters.
>>
>>52881742
Polish doesn't have that many accents actually

I think you meant "diacritic marks"
>>
>>52881742
No, that would be Silesian.
>>
Nah. Hungarian and Finnish
>>
>>52881742
>not knowing the meaning of the word "accent"
You mean diacritic marks, I believe?
>They both sound like the speaker is vomiting
S-SHUT UP, YOU NASAL FARTING YANK
>>
File: 14514909486120.png (446 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
14514909486120.png
446 KB, 570x428
>>52881769
>>
>>52881742
As an actual Vietnamese speaker, I'd say Thai sounds funnier. Lots of rolling r's and "ow" like sounds.
>>
>>52881742
>Hear some half montagnard or southerner speak it wonder it sound vomiting.
>American English relevant thanks to UK.
>unnecessary amount of accents, not *shorten* because the fucking tone system.
>>
File: a.baa_Chinese_Keyboard..jpg (83 KB, 600x432) Image search: [Google]
a.baa_Chinese_Keyboard..jpg
83 KB, 600x432
>>52881853
Vietnamese has tons of glottal stops and with its monosylabic words, it sounds like barking to an Indo-European speaker. No offence intended, I took a lesson on Vietnamese long time ago, I always liked the written language.

>>52881872
your tone system is based and the fact that you dumped Chinese characters for Latin as the only country in sinosphere is based as fuck
>>
>>52881751
>>52881773
Well gosh golly, I didn't realize I had to know the funny little marks above the words had a name like "diacritic marks"

The point is, it's a mangling of the Latin alphabet when it's not necessary. Poles should just use the Cyrillic alphabet like good little slav cucks
>>
>>52881853
I agree, Vietnamese sounds better than Thai.

But even the funniest/goofiest sounding languages can produce incredible feels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOkB_GIuVO0
>>
File: kurwa_please.png (7 KB, 418x150) Image search: [Google]
kurwa_please.png
7 KB, 418x150
>>52881910
>Well gosh golly, I didn't realize I had to know the funny little marks above the words had a name like "diacritic marks"
Well you named them "accents" for some reason

>Poles should just use the Cyrillic alphabet like good little slav cucks
Bulgarians were pretty irrelevant here and we were kings and shit before Russians knew what Christianity is and we were both united and strong much earlier than them so Cyrillic goes into the trash here

Though, on one hand I agree that our Latin needs some fixing
On the other hand, that's some bold words coming from a fucking Anglo
>>
>>52881910
>browses /int/
>doesn't know diacritic marks
>doesn't understand the relation between spoken and written language
>probably can't even name all the countries and their three most important cities
Normie gtfo my board
>>
>>52881910
>>52882001
This
Somebody should make the Amerispurdo with a dumb American calling diacritics "accents" while the whole world makes boker face
>>
>>52881904
Just write wrong about southerner it's the northerner they spoke it in a high voice.
I like the language not because it's sound good when talking, but sound good when insulting.
Vietnamese now less use Chinese and being considered as a Mon-Khmer language than Sino.
>>
>>52882075
I took a few lessons on Vietnamese in its southern version. I don't remember shit about it though except two of the tones were pronounced the same
>>
>>52882075
>spoke it in a high voice
Really? It's always been my experience that Southerners speaker with a higher voice. For some reason, they also seem to speaker it faster too.

To be fair, I'm talking about American Vietnamese.
>>
>>52882146
Meanwhile, your women speak in hilariously high-pitched voice

Like stars and sparks girly-tier
>>
>>52882146
Many American Vietnamese is from the norther who immigrated to the South and Immigrant again to America.
>>52882145
It's pronounced the same .
But Northerner normally speaks it higher while the Southerner speaks it in bass voice or maybe only in some cities in Souther because it's true that Country Boy Speak it like Rap.
>>
>>52882257
>Many American Vietnamese is from the norther who immigrated to the South and Immigrant again to America.
No, most are straight up Southern. I know because you just described my family right there. I rarely meet anyone whose family originally came from the North.
>>
>>52882334
High chance that your family live in the countryside and immigrate to America.
Or from countryside immigrate to Saigon and Immigrate again to American.
Or that Saigoner being too depressed after losing the war and they start to have bass voice and immigrate to america anyway
>>
>>52882001
>accuses others for not having a thorough understanding of linguistics

Please, allow me to go study up to conform to your view on how people should behave around you
>>
File: 1331613251962.jpg (284 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1331613251962.jpg
284 KB, 1600x1200
>>52882257
Is there a rivalry between northern and southern vietnamese today? I bet a southern viet student studying in Hanoi would be make fun of because his country lost the war or something
>>
>>52882664
>rivalry
Yes
>southern Viet student studying in Hanoi would be made fun of because his country lost the war
No

Mostly they make fun of accent and how they act despite both are Vietnamese, cultural start to shift slowly but very visible.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.