[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about the Dalai Lama? Are people in your country
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: dalailama_blog.jpg (110 KB, 300x403) Image search: [Google]
dalailama_blog.jpg
110 KB, 300x403
How do you feel about the Dalai Lama? Are people in your country comfortable with Buddhism?
>>
He's our kin(buddhis, originated in India),it was only fair we gave him shelter.
We don't really have a preference for sects so its not just the Mahayans we are generous for.

Buddhism along with Jainism and Sikhism is considered a Dharmic religion and thus an extension of Hinduism.
>>
>>52878532
He, much like his religion, are irrelevant.
>>
Very neutered religion.
Definitely better for crowded poor countries with absolute governments where it helps a lot to have your people give up self-worth early on.
>>
>>52878532
No, people laugh at that gibberish
>>
>>52878532
While I'm not religious, Buddhism is pretty much the best religion on the planet that doesn't have any of the undercurrents of being a cunt. It's literally

>Don't be a cunt

Everything else about becoming enlightened is total nonsense, but most people need to believe in something and that's fine. China fucking their shit up is completely awful. I know that they want to have complete control over everything but Buddhists harm nothing. It's like shooting the dog for wagging his tail.

Mind you, I'm no expert on China vs Buddhism. I'm sure that I don't know the whole story. Were Buddhists involved in some political insurrection in the past? I've never researched it.
>>
>>52878952
what about the toilet god?
>>
Most non-Asian Buddhists in this country are pretty much Atheists that want spirituality in their life. I don't think we have anything against it, though.
>>
>>52880435
>Mind you, I'm no expert on China vs Buddhism. I'm sure that I don't know the whole story. Were Buddhists involved in some political insurrection in the past? I've never researched it.
are you talking about tibet or all of china?

see the Mahayan Buddhists(Dalailama's sect and the former demographic of Tibet) have a tradition of a Monk administered autocracy, the Monks literally dictated everything down to the bite of food a person was supposed to have.

people so submissive to the Monks would be a downright problem for the authoritarian PRC and when they stand in the way of expansionism what do you expect commies to do but ban religion.

Tibet was neutered first by military brutality which caused the Dalai'lama and a major part of the population to flee to India and the PRC has since encouraged ethnic Han Chinks from other parts of the Mainland to migrate and dilute the ethnic Tibetians to irrelevance in a few decades alone.

basically what the pakis were doing to the bangladeshis until we rekt their shit in 1971.
>>
>>52880637
Okay, I'm breaking it down like this as an uncultured American.

>In the past, Tibetian monks were doing the same shit that Catholics were doing in that religion was held to a higher standard than political ideals
>China shut them the fuck down because fuck you I'm in power

But at the same time, it's not like they were telling the people to kill this person because they beleive this or that. I am totally uneducated on the finer bits but I don't think that they were a real threat to anything besides reminding people to question what their government was doing in regards to what is and isn't morally offensive to their religious view. As far as I know they were saying

>Hey wait, maybe the government is doing bad

and they got fucking murdered for it. It wasn't the level of dark age Christianity where their word was law and was often for their own benefit.
>>
I think budhism is interesting, but the more exoteric branches, with religious beliefs and dogmas isn't as appealing, because then it just seems likea any other religion.
>>
Free Tibet!
>>
>>52878532

i follow him on twitter. dont ask me why cause i dont know.
>>
They don't bomb and behead people, so they're pretty OK in my book.
>>
>>52878952
RAJ
POO IN LOO
>>
>>52884606
This. PRC should stay out of the region there isn't anything for them there anyway.
>>
He is a hypocrite leader responsible of the oppression of thousands of people, disgusting to see that he is considered a symbol for peace.

You have google for every question you need, use it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.