[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothetical question: How hard would it be for a young nordic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: broforce.png (383 KB, 846x415) Image search: [Google]
broforce.png
383 KB, 846x415
Hypothetical question: How hard would it be for a young nordic person to move to the US and become a citizen? What are the requirements for citizenship? How much would it cost?

Im not actually going to move there right now but it is an interesting idea that I have been rolling around in my head, and since my employer does have a branch in the US I probably could at some point in time work in the US for a year or two. For me the United States is probably the most interesting country right now so sometimes I seriously wonder if I should take my life to a more adventurous direction.
>>
>>52872842
>How hard would it be for a young nordic person to move to the US and become a citizen?
Depends what methods you use.
>What are the requirements for citizenship?
Be a resident for X amount of time, pass test, don't get arrested excessively, take oath, buy a gun.
>How much would it cost?
Wrong question, freedom is worth any price.
>>
Go to Minnesota. It's a Swedish colony, just like Finland.
>>
1. Marry an American
2. Invest hundreds of thousands of dollars into a business that makes atleast 20 jobs
3. Apply for asylum
4. Diversity Lottery(complicated, not really viable)
5. Have a relative here(they must sponsor your arrival)
6. Work here for a long time
7. Being a kissup to Americans("assisting" the government can get you a green card)
>>
File: 1289747959807.jpg (663 KB, 2100x1500) Image search: [Google]
1289747959807.jpg
663 KB, 2100x1500
Service guarantees citizenship

would you like to know more?
>>
>>52873304
>Service guarantees citizenship
I don't think that's true.
>>
>>52873340
>being underrage
>>
>>52873304
Doesn't he have to get into the country first?
>>
>>52873397
No really. Like if you got out and immediately raped a shit ton of people I'm reasonably sure they would not give you citizenship.
>>
>>52873445
>>52873450
It's a meme you dip.
>>
>>52873556
From where?
>>
>>52873589
Starship Troopers.
I shouldn't have to explain this.
>>
>>52873670
If it actually was a meme you wouldn't have to. Not a meme.
>>
>>52873230
Damn, none of those seem to apply to me in the foreseeable future
>>52873304
I'm pretty sure this is false...? I got to know a dude who served in the US armed forces a few years ago and he said that getting into the military as a foreigner (outsider) was next to impossible. So how would that work out?
>>
>>52873770
Apparently it's a meme only he has heard of.
>>
>>52873822
>>52873700
You obviously don't know Starship Troopers, so I'd figure you've atleast seen the reaction image from the movie.
Fuck off if you haven't seen it fr
>>
http://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/apply-citizenship
>>
>>52872992
He's better off coming here
>>
>>52873932
If it was a meme there would be more than one person (you) who had heard of it.
>>
>>52873968
http://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learners/citizenship-rights-and-responsibilities

>Responsibilities
.>Participate in your local community

fugg
>>
Thanks for the comments guys. I guess I shouldn't really be thinking about moving to the US after all, I'll try to see what my other options are. Maybe Canada would be easier? But to be honest Im not very interested in Canada, event hough I haven't met a canadian that wasn't a pleasant person.
>>
>>52872842
easiest way I can think of getting into the US is joining an international homestay program and either host someone or travel abroad. Then fall in love and get married. With the marriage, it'll usually take 1-2 years to get in and a few thousand dollars. You also get a greencard that you need to renew when you come in. If you apply for citizenship (you need to take a test) then you don't need a greencard.
>>
>Take vacation to America
>Go to metal show
>Tell nearest metalgirl hambeast you're Finnish
>It's like telling a weeaboo chick you're Japanese
>Get married next day
>Acquire instant American citizenship
>Divorce next day
>Be American
>Get shot
>>
File: 1404688847538.jpg (191 KB, 800x1073) Image search: [Google]
1404688847538.jpg
191 KB, 800x1073
If 11 million beaners with an IQ of 80 and shit English can come live here, so can you.

Either way, be adventurous. I've been abroad before and it was the best decision I've ever made.
>>
>>52875656
You don't get instant citzenship when you marry an American, you get a green card.
>>
>>52875784
Close enough, for OP
>>
Are you a qt grill?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.