[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>family from Canada is staying at my house for the holidays
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
>family from Canada is staying at my house for the holidays
>they were surprised plastic bags were free when they went shopping

Holy shit Canada, do you seriously charge for shopping bags?
>>
>>52830731

Pretty much every other country expects people to bring their own bags to the supermarket to avoid un-needed resource consumption and pollution.

Honestly a good system.
>>
>>52833486
but then what do i put in my little trash cans?
>>
>visited china
>they wanted to charge me for a shopping bag at the store
>next time i went shopping i brought my own bag and everything went fine

it was that simple
>>
>>52833486
>Pretty much every other country

I wish California was another country but it's not lad
>>
>>52830731
It's only a few cents though... Maybe bring your own bags perhaps?
>>
We stoped usng plastic bags in 2011, at least in my zone. I thought that had been done before USA desu. Supermarkets often have cardboard boxes available in case you want to use one, but reusable fabric bags are really cheap anyway, like 1 dollar or less.
>>
>>52833533
>>52830731
>china charges for bags
>canada charges for bags
Hmmm ...
>>
>>52834397
>everyone in their right mind does X
>USA hasn't figured X out yet
>decides X is a global conspiracy
>>
they started charging here recently too
>>
>>52834397
>China has free healthcare
>Canada has free healthcare
This is looking pretty bad for Canada right now...
>>
>>52834312
>We stoped usng plastic bags in 2011, at least in my zone. I thought that had been done before USA desu. Supermarkets often have cardboard boxes available in case you want to use one, but reusable fabric bags are really cheap anyway, like 1 dollar or less.

Ya know a dollar isn't cheap to everyone.
>>
They tried it here but people complained too much so they reverted it. Who the fuck cares about 10c though
>>
File: 1440988714895.png (212 KB, 3716x1900) Image search: [Google]
1440988714895.png
212 KB, 3716x1900
>>52836104
>China's flag is mostly red
>Canada's flag is mostly red
We may be in need of some freedoms.
>>
When they banned plastic bags in my county of San Luis Obispo, CA, I thought it was silly.

But driving one day along the the road, I noticed that the plastic bags that use to blow everywhere and stick to barbwire fences (cattle and wine country) were gone. There was still a lot of fast food, beer cans, and other detritus of Ameriphats, but the countryside looked a whole lot better.

So surprise--the nanny-state wins this round.
>>
Funny enough, I was really surprised when I found out I needed actually purchase bags here, granted they're like 10 cents a pop but still. Every fucking grocery store is like shopping at fucking Aldi.

t. American
>>
>>52830731
if 5cents has an adverse effect on your life, you should just kill yourself.
>>
From 1 jan 2016 and on plastic bags will cost money here as well because of muhh nature.
>>
>>52836142

Same thing happened here, about 2-3 years ago I think
>>
>>52836654
>muhh nature
if you dont protect it your swamp is going to be reclaimed by poseidon.
>>
File: 1327561340678.jpg (8 KB, 233x251) Image search: [Google]
1327561340678.jpg
8 KB, 233x251
I'm in Colorado and it's 10 cents per bag here. OP lives in the fat part of the country.

>>52836601
>if 5cents has an adverse effect on your life, you should just kill yourself.
And yeah, this.
>>
>>52830731
>Americans will take every chance they get to complain about the infringement of their "freedom" even though it's just them being over-privileged as usual

Nothing is free, and you should've learned that from your dad long ago, you filthy nigger.
>>
>>52830731
Probably because they were paying for them with milk in them.
>>
>>52836601
>>52837290
>if 5cents has an adverse effect on your life, you should just kill yourself.

>About 20 percent of the world's population, 1.2 billion people, live on less than $1 a day.
>2.8 billion people live on less than $2/day
>http://www.un.org/en/globalissues/briefingpapers/food/vitalstats.shtml

I wish I could bottle ignorance and sell it for intelligent people as a form of drug.
>>
>>52830731
Its a good thing desu. Its cost me maybe 2$ total over my entire life, I've literally thrown away more money than that. Literally literally, I'm sad about the penny getting discontinued because I used to try to skip them on the pond I walk past to get to work. I get free bags from some other store, stuff them in a drawer when I get home and try to remember to bring a handful when I get groceries.
There are noticably less plastic bags in alleys and parks and stuff.
>>
>>52836163
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBKu6u59o5o
>>
File: 1420994329508.jpg (43 KB, 425x419) Image search: [Google]
1420994329508.jpg
43 KB, 425x419
>go to USA
>roadside littered with trash
>Americans nevertheless continue to resent plastic bag charges and bottle deposits
>>
>>52838584
what a coincidence that those 20% who live on less than a dollar will never even be within 500 miles of a fucking grocery store you stupid fucking nigger
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.