[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your reason for not being agnostic yet ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4
Your reason for not being agnostic yet ?
>>
Because Jesus's tomb was empty.
>>
>>52801581
Cause I'm atheist
>>
>>52801581
I am not a hipster faggot.
>>
File: 6845616.gif (432 KB, 500x269) Image search: [Google]
6845616.gif
432 KB, 500x269
>>52801581
Used to be one, then I decided that I didn't quit catholicism to allow it to still direct my life, via contrarian philosophy this time
>>
>>52801581
Tengri is based 2bh familia
>>
>>52801600
Then where did Turin's shroud come from? Checkmate protestants or something!
>>
>>52801637
>shroud of Turin
It's been long since disproved.
Get with the times , pleb.
>>
>>52801691
>It's been long since disproved.
By Satan-worshipping scientists!
>>
>>52801581
Because I'am an atheist.
>>
>>52801581
Because I'm sure that God doesn't exists.
>>
>>52801716
k
>>
>>52801581
Cause you can be atheist instead?
>>
>>52801751
prove that
>>
>>52801581
Because I'm not a fence-sitting faggot, there's zero reason to think god or any higher power exists
>>
>>52801812
He told me.
>>
>>52801812
You prove it Russkie.
>>
>>52801812
That would only lead to a sterile debate.

Instead, what is the tangible role of God in our world?

If God existed, wouldn't he be the most useless thing since the entier universe is conducted through proven, infallible physical laws.
>>
>>52801860
Get him on board, I'll call it in.
>>
>>52801958
Tell us the law make by atheists prove god doesn't exist.
>>
>>52801812
That's his fucking opinion. He doesn't want to publish that in some Science newspaper. He doesn't have to validate his claims
>>
File: 40903316975.jpg (12 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
40903316975.jpg
12 KB, 500x321
>>52801581
>Agnosticism
>not absolute cop out bullshit

You either believe in some form of a higher power or you don't, faggot
>>
>>52802073
Atheists needn't prove anything, the burden of proof lies with the one making the claim.
>>
>>52802073
RARE
AA
R R
E E
>>
>>52802177
>>52802073
>>52801958
>>52801892
>>52801812
>proooooofs

How exactly would you prove that God exist or not. What kind of experiment would you suggest.

Non-scientific proofs that God exist or not are not proofs
>>
>>52802177
So you're an Algerian Agnosticism, not *that* atheist.
Well, you say that god is useless right, So?
>>52802368
If I'm god I will just create some fucking law about thing that mix and thing that doesn't.
After that dumb those fucking things in a universe like shit they will mix some become a seed and absorb the shit become a Fucking trio.
If boring? just reincarnated into some fucking animating thing and enjoy the life like a mortal.
After all, if I'm dead I will become a god again with some probably fucking lovely memories.
>>
File: sniff.jpg (3 KB, 156x50) Image search: [Google]
sniff.jpg
3 KB, 156x50
>current year
>not believing in a higher pure ideology
>>
>>52802268
NEW
E
W
>>
>>52801581
>>52801581
who comes up with these stupid symbols?
>>
I'm not agnostic because my country makes money off all the cucktholics around the world
>>
>>52801581
i dont know
>>
>>52801581
Jesus was an actual historical figure m8
>>
>>52802976
xDD
>>
>>52803420
But there's no proof of any of his miracles
>>
>>52803980
There doesnt need to be. If you ignore the holy trinity and miracles you can treat it as a philisophical religion taught by a historical figure as confucianism may be. Just because god may not exist it doesnt mean the teachings of Jesus are invalid.
>>
>agnosticism
>theism/atheism
>in any way related
>>
Christian and Islamic religions are anti-civilizational, warmonger and anti-science and their followers retards and savages.
>>
Reminder that you can be an agnostic atheist, in fact most atheists are probably one without knowing it.
>>
>>52804235
Amen
>>
>>52804235
Christ didnt kill thousands of people due to them being pagans as Mohammad did. Mohammad is an imposter, a paedophile and a murderer
>>
What does /int/ think of Gödel's ontological proof.
>>
>>52804362
*mass murderer
>>
>>52801581
It doesn't produce beauty whereas Christianity does
>>
>>52804362
His followers did. Christ died before he could amass an army, had he done so his discourse would have taken a more Old Testament approach.
>>
tbqhwy if god existed why would he care about me not eating pork, wearing a veil, or going to church on sundays
>>
>>52804140

The bible be talking about stoning gays and cutting people's hands, tell me again how the bible is moral.
>>
>>52804364
it's just a mathematical formulation of Anselm's proof and it has got the same problems
>>
>>52804140
Doesn't take a fucking genius to know not take the piss out people for no reason and kill people either. Jesus may have well said that we should eat because if we don't we'll die, it's a given.

I'm agnostic because I know there could be an ultimate being, but the Christian god, Allah, or any other gods or goddesses don't really have enough to back themselves up. That doesn't mean I'm secular though, because empiricism alone won't account for inductive reasoning. This is because you can't apply the scientific method to it as you would with deductive.

>Tl;dr
Atheists are ignorant cunts who aren't much better than the religious nuts
>>
>>52804647
The old testemant is written and intended for Jews. Have some basic education Mohammad.
>>
>>52804530
>my kingdom is not of this world
>if any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me
>put your sword back into its place; for all who take the sword will perish by the sword
>Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.
>but I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

I don't know man, this doesn't sound like the kind of guy who would be raising armies.
>>
>>52804709
The new testament has that shit to. Also if the old testament is intended for Jews then why won't Christians abandon it? Why is it part of the Bible?
>>
>>52801581
cause im not a faggot
>>
>>52804829
>The new testament has that shit to.

Such as?

>Why is it part of the Bible?

For the same reason that half of the new testament is in the kora
>>
>>52804829
I'm no theologian but as far as I know it goes something like this

The New Testament doesn't have things like Levitical laws.

Christians didn't abandon it, the Old Laws purpose was fulfilled.

The Old Testament gives context to the new, and most of the OT is not about "do/don't do xyz".
>>
>>52804721
Of course we can't know for sure, but it seems like a common pattern for young movements to adopt the big-eyed puppy philosophy of love and peace, appeal to the poor and the underprivileged, but when they grow larger, their stance switches from passive defense to agressive offence.

You may not believe it but Mohammed said much of the same things when in Mecca, when his following was meagre and he was constantly harrassed by the local powers, turn the other cheek and shit, but when he migrated to the Medina he was all about the the holy army and caliphate. For this there's a big contrast between Mecca Quran and Medina Quran. Most people who wish to defend the religion as being peaceful and promoting conviviality quote verses from the former, while those wishing to attack it on the basis of it being violent quote verses from the latter.

There's also something about a person mad enough to claim divinity, it doesn't seem like they would have much trouble using arms to crush opposition to the word of God, since that's the absolute truth and it doens't have to abide by human morals of justice or compassion, but this is just me.
>>
>>52801581

The diference between an agnostic and an atheist is that in the unlikely event that the god is real an Atheist would still refuse to bow such a pitiful and evil entity whereas the agnostic will try try to reason with it and cry for forgiveness like a faggy coward
>>
>>52804647
There is nothing like that in the Old Testament. There are christians that only accept the NT. There have been throughout time, ever since Marcion composed the first Bible in the 3rd century, which did not include the Torah/Old Testament.
>>
>>52801581
this thread has nothing to do with /int/, fuck off.
>>
>>52804829
Give us a citation then.

You can't because you are just parrotting and never even read it.

Also, there are christians who do. Not everyone is a catholic ffs.
>>
>>52807327
>There is nothing like that in the *Old Testament
I meant New of course

BElgians are very ignorant when it comes to discussing religion. I encountered exactly the same thing IRL 3 days ago. Like so many hipsterfaggots, they think they are more enlightened because they ignore it, as a result they can't have any discussion about it without embarrassing theirselves. Mostly they consider christanity = catholicism, they think the USA is "extremely catholic and conservative", and they accuse things in scripture whether it is the bible or koran, without having read any of it. Except some quotes on facdebook maybe, on which they base their whole opinion. That is why they prefer preaching to the choir in general, in the line of "I don't get it why so many people are so retarded and not be intelligent like me"'
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.