[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will die in your lifetime >the ride will end
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: feel guy smiling.gif (18 KB, 534x640) Image search: [Google]
feel guy smiling.gif
18 KB, 534x640
>you will die in your lifetime
>the ride will end
>>
Cant wait desu
>>
>you will die in your lifetime
No I won't. By definition, my lifetime is the span of my life. Death is what's after life.

>americans in charge of making logically consistent statements
>>
>>52790973
I'm glad to know that mr. literal faggots like you will also be dead
>>
Oh man the amount of sleep I will get.
>>
>>52791007
That's uncalled for.
>>
>>52791031
I would be so fine with death if it was just an eternal sleep. But it's not an eternal sleep. Death is like what you see behind your head. It's what you taste on the other side of mars. In other words, it's nothing. It's the exact opposite of whatever you've experience. It's the end of experience.

I'd rather be in hell then nothing. I like being too much.
>>
>>52791078
this desu
>>
>inb4 after the universe dies and goes back to nothingness another fucking big bang happens (aka the big bounce) and this shit happens all over again
>implying this doesn't happen ad infinitum

WAKE ME UP
>>
>>52791130
If I clone you, do you and your clone share the same conscious? Nah m8, once you die and the universe dies, the universe may come back on again, but this state you're in now ends and you will never be again.

Forever.
>>
funny how these threads never get any suicidal lithuanians, latvians, or poles
>>
>>52790895
I'm the eternal jew

I think not dumb gentile
>>
>>52791127
What I really hope is that when the DMT releases into my brain, time slows down infinitely slow and I just live the rest of my life out in a DMT high, seeing all sorts of shit.
>>
>>52791078
Yeah, no. Death is like a dreamless sleep. If you were to die in your sleep, you wouldn't notice it or even feel it. You do not conciously feel anything during sleep.

You're a fucking idiot if you think eternal suffering trumps the freedom that non-existence provides.
>>
>>52791183
CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
>>52791183
you misterperated everything I said. I never said anything about reincarnation

you'll just exist again with no recollection or memories of a previous life or existence. a blank slate if you will
>>
>>52791239
>you do not consciously feel anything during sleep
But you subconsciously have brains and you're only the tiniest bit aware, but sleep isn't this thing where one second you're asleep and the next you're awake. No, you know you fell asleep and you can specifically say you fell asleep.

Versus dying where if you die and then someone brings you back to life, you wouldn't even know you died. You could have died and come back to life a million times. Little martians could have abducted you, fucked your brain with their frog dicks, and then brought you back to life and you wouldn't know the better.
>>
>>52791078
Death is just a return to your more natural state. You were not alive for millions of years, then you became alive for a brief period of time, and soon you will return to the nothingness that is your birthright.
>>
File: 4chan filename 15.jpg (96 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4chan filename 15.jpg
96 KB, 1920x1080
>>52791239
>You do not conciously feel anything during sleep.
What the fuck?

>You're a fucking idiot if you think eternal
>suffering trumps the freedom that non->existence provides.
>>
>>52791291
>you'll exist again
No you won't. It will simply be a clone of you and you were a clone of another guy.
>>
>>52791363
Dude, the natural state sucked dick. I wasn't even there for a long while and it blows that I didn't get to fuck with dinosaurs and pirates and the creation of the universe.

I'm not happy about it.
>>
>>52790973

Dying and being dead aren't the same thing.
>>
>>52791357
The experience isn't fundamentally different. If I killed you during your sleep, you wouldn't feel it or notice it at all.

>Versus dying where if you die and then someone brings you back to life, you wouldn't even know you died. You could have died and come back to life a million times. Little martians could have abducted you, fucked your brain with their frog dicks, and then brought you back to life and you wouldn't know the better.

Yeah, no. I'd be able to tell that time has passed and come to the conclusion that I passed out or something during that time because I'd have no recollection or memories of it. Obviously I'd have my memories before the abduction.
>>
>>52791470
You experience dying in your lifetime (the degradation of your health to the point where your body stops functioning) but you don't die in your life time (the finale where one second your brain works and the next it stops functioning).
>>
>>52791367
Nice retort idiot.

>what the fuck

It's true.

Dreams are not a concious feeling.
>>
>>52791464
You only think that way because you are alive now. Before you were alive, you were nothing. You had no fears, no worries. You didn't realize that everything and everyone you would ever come to know and love would die before your eyes until you were ripped away from your natural state and trapped inside of a body.

Being alive is an exile from nature, an isolation cell from your kin Cosmos. Take heart to know that someday you will return home when you close your eyes to rest.
>>
>>52791514
>you wouldn't feel it or notice it at all.
That's not exactly true.

>Yeah, no.
I think you're misinterpreting me. Imagine this scenario:

>you're snoozing in your bed
>martians come ayy lmao
>they shock your brain and the last memory you have is that odd feeling of burning in your sleep
>Martians circle up and jerk off on your fried head
>they clean up and do everything needed to restore your room to how it was before
>they revive you with ayy lmao powers
>your brain turns back on
>the next memory you have is the serenity of your house and seeing ayy lmaos shadows as they leave in their feels ship

You'd have two memories, being fried and seeing ayy lmaos. The memories would be side by side each other and you'd think they happened right by each other. Versus if you fall asleep because Bill Cosby slips you a roofie, you'd fall unconscious but your brain would still be running at 90%.
>>
>>52791678
But I like having fears and worries. I didn't exist before I was born so I think I got a good grasp of that shindig. I mean, I was not being longer than I was dude. Or maybe it doesn't even make sense to make that statement.

Can someone get Ludwig Wittgenstein in here please?
>>
>>52791723
Well, regardless, death is coming for you. All we can do as humans is find some way to make peace with that.
>>
Feels good man. Heaven will be the bomb I think.
>>
File: yui (20).jpg (18 KB, 448x336) Image search: [Google]
yui (20).jpg
18 KB, 448x336
>tfw cold
Send help pls
>>
File: 1363304236777.jpg (21 KB, 384x395) Image search: [Google]
1363304236777.jpg
21 KB, 384x395
>>
>>52791686
Your original scenario was if martians killed me in my sleep then revived me. You mentioned nothing about memory loss, now you're moving the goalposts.

We already know what death is like. We've had people with NDEs. People who were clinically dead, had their hearts stopped for 15 minutes or so and woke up.

It's nothing like you describe. It was pretty much described as a dreamless sleep or a medical coma. You feel nothing, hear nothing, see nothing and think nothing. That's all there is to it.

The only difference with sleep is that I wake up from the sleep and still have my memories intact. Therefore I knew I fell asleep. If I completely lost my memories,l and knowledge, I wouldn't know that I fell asleep. It would be like if I was a newborn baby.

Stop making death to be this horrible frightening thing when it isn't.
>>
>>52792107
>>52791723

If you had to deal with a severe physical or mental pain that is untreatable and will last for the rest of your life, I guarantee that you would be singing a different tune.
>>
>>52792107
>memory loss
It isn't memory loss. You can't have a memory if you're dead.

>we already know what death is like
Know, we know what clinical death is like (when your heart stops beeping), not what brain rot and total decay is like.
>>
>>52790895

Reminder that you'll respawn at Elysium, do whatever you want in there and you'll "come back" whenever you want. this universe is a simulation and it's only purpose is building a decent universal computer that can create a new universe so their residents can build a universal computer that can create one etc. so that's how system sustains itself. so you don't need to worry much over your problems. or nvm worry because you'll miss the feel of worry(that's why you'll come back, probably as a poorfuck guy to feel that "worry" hard as fuck as you'll miss it so much)

t. gnostic red pill pro
>>
don't worry anons, there is something after death, believe if you want.

i have experienced enough unexplainable things in my lifetime to believe in that (mostly related to dreams I had).

i found out that reality is somehow broken, we don't live in a universe completely chaotic, as it should be.

so if chaos is not the reason for everything happening right now, there must be some kind of superior being giving 'reality' some order.
>>
meh tb h
>>
I bet that if I put a gun in your head you start crying and beging for mercy like a bitch
>>
File: 2345261117.png (157 KB, 4312x5000) Image search: [Google]
2345261117.png
157 KB, 4312x5000
>>52791527
holy shit shut the fuck up please. shut up. fucking die
>>
>>52790895
The ride never ends.
>>
>>52792771
>chaotic universe

You know there are a lot of physical laws, right?
>>
>>52793767
>physical laws

that is just a term men created to explain some stable systems of the observable universe

go beyond quantum mechanics and you will notice less and less 'laws' taking place in there.
>>
File: 1337920453555.jpg (20 KB, 466x403) Image search: [Google]
1337920453555.jpg
20 KB, 466x403
>they will keep you on life support against your will
>>
Your consciousness is an illusion. You are a machine that BELIEVES it is conscious. How this is achieved, however, is a mystery. You have no immortal soul. Death will not be anything to you. When the machine breaks down, the illusion of consciousness breaks down as well, revealing that the machine was empty all along. Your pain, happiness, etc. Aren't real in the sense that emotions are not real, the same way the conscious is not real
>>
>>52791982
me 2 la
>>
File: 1421307846634.jpg (8 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
1421307846634.jpg
8 KB, 205x246
>Argentinian online gf hates me now and I have no clue if she is ok
>>
>>52795992
I literally filed a sort of will with my lawyer to prevent just this is thing from happening a few years ago
>>
can't come sooner
>>
>all of these non-believers of life after death
Death is like a bad salvia trip where you are self aware.
>>
File: tfw no american gf.jpg (83 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
tfw no american gf.jpg
83 KB, 600x800
>I will wake up tomorrow
>in Sydney and not Utah
>I will wake up to a normie aussie gf that does normie things and is only with me because she can't do any better
>I will not wake up next to my qt American gf and eat breakfast with our shoes on while sitting on our roof
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.