[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come Black people don't adapt to the local accent to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: 1297288851229.jpg (118 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1297288851229.jpg
118 KB, 640x480
How come Black people don't adapt to the local accent to where they move?

I've noticed this but no matter where you go all Blacks have a variant of the African American Vernacular Dialect, and the ones who don't get shit on for not being black enough. Is this part of the reason?
>>
>>52786362
real aficans speaks some awful english or french dialect
>>
>>52786444
Real Africans have really strong laughs that are almost scary
>>
They resent white people too much to adopt our English. Seriously, the only black person I met who spoke normal English was born here, but his dad was from Africa and his mom is white.
>>
>>52786362
That's rich, coming from an American.
>>
>>52786541
What do you mean? Most people born in different regions grow up learning to speak the accent of the people around them,not the accent their parents speak
>>
>>52786519
Are you talking about Obama
>>
>>52786771
No. Someone I actually knew in person.
>>
>>52786650
In the Netherlands you can always hear where they or their parents are from. And Americans are no exception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2JLd84sZmU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBuzi01DR8w
>>
>>52786829
I don't know anything about Americans in Netherlands but this looks like some sort of weird vapid whore show
>>
>>52786941
Well, Americans tend to have this cowboy accent. Even if they aren't from the south. Because you can't pronounce the vowels and the R's.

You know, the Bon Giorno scene from Inglorious Bastards.
>>
>>52787352
That only applies for Texans pal.
>>
>>52787352
> Because you can't pronounce the vowels and the R'

But it's the Brits and Southerners who don't pronounce their R's.
>>
>>52787676
We roll the R's in front and in the middle of our words. A bit like Spanish.
>>
>>52787485
nah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW2dO_qUUk4
>>
>How come Black people don't adapt to the local accent to where they move?

> the ones who don't get shit on for not being black enough
You answered your own question. Also, white people talk funny.
>>
>>52787937
No we don't
>>
>>52788007
Post vocaroo
>>
>>52786362
You know after around 20-24 years of age you are pretty much stuck with the accent you have.
>>
Black people have their own culture and often live in homogeneous communities.
>>
That's not entirely ture here
>>
>>52788942
I meant that kids born in the region have the accent too. Even though everyone else around them doesn't. Only black people maintain an accent no matter where they go
>>
Black people who are born here tend to adopt the local accent. The only exception is London, where the non-whites tend to have the multicultural London accent rather than a typical cockney accent (and that's mainly because everyone else around them speaks with this accent as well).
>>
>>52789175
You're wrong.

https://youtu.be/xDs8pnjcKbU

I've got more examples but i cbf because im on my phone
>>
>>52786362
Black people from Angola speaking Portuguese are delightful. Probably the only language that sounds better spoken by Africans.
>>
>>52789253
I'm fram saaf landan senpai
>>
>>52789329
uh no, it sounds fucking disgusting
>>
>>52789329
Angolan in brazil detected
>>
>>52789321
He's not African American though
>>
>>52786362
I've met black people with English accents, wtf are you on about?
>>
>>52789473
So? The thread said black people, not african americans.
>>
File: Lips.jpg (20 KB, 288x307) Image search: [Google]
Lips.jpg
20 KB, 288x307
>>52786362
Look at dem lips
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.