[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you have been in the army?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: army-uniforms-1.jpg (264 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
army-uniforms-1.jpg
264 KB, 728x546
How many of you have been in the army?
>>
>>52746575

Its my duty as a Swiss male citizen.
>>
former gonsgribd here
cream of the crop :DDD
>>
The only people in Canada who join the army are people who've failed miserably at life and/or who are completely and utterly retarded (think of the most stereotypical high school trailer trash jock).
>>
Basic training soldier on leave for Christmas right now AMA me anything.
>>
>>52747591
What about that guy who got shot outside of Parliament? If I remember he was a paragon of Canadian masculinity, literally hiking through freezing streams with a lumberjack ax and a huge dog
>>
>>52747348
To give a bit more info:
Rank ObLt (First Lieutenant)
Branch EKF (Electronic Warfare)
everything else is classified.

When I'm in service I work here: https://tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?pagename=Onyx_%28interception_system%29&params=46_49_52.81_N_7_42_57.99_E_
>>
>>52746575
i was in the army for 3 hours, got paid for two days
>>
Most of us Finns, we have mandatory military service from 6 months to a year, we train for the supreme memes
>>
Nope
>>
tank crew here, listen all you idiots, glorifying soldiers is absolutely retarded (and a sign that you never served)

being a soldier is lowly, expendable, and there's infinite of you
its actually lowest of the low, for scum and for criminals, soldiers main quality and virtue is discipline... aka not thinking too much for himself and blindly trusting superior officer

I have utmost respect for all the officers, medics, engineers, physics people, pilots and such
also huge respect for special forces people and sargents, while they are grunts they are less worthless then a common soldier

but for a lowly soldier? they are more similar to animals and insects then men, their life is shit, their pay is shit, their training is shit, their equipment is shit, their freedom is shit, their everything is shit
>>
>>52747624
What branch?
>>
>>52748098
"Overbirths", I think the word is
>>
>>52748106
>soldier
>>
>>52748098
/Velika Srbija/ WHEN?
>>
>>52746575
Yes, 2.5yrs part time, 8.5yrs full time
>>
>>52748098
How is it in Serbia if you want to become an officer is it difficult? In Switzerland not so difficult I guess it depends a bit where you are but for me it was rather easy.
>>
>>52748796
It's not easy if you wanna be an officer in the US ;_;
>>
>>52748835
I know bro. In Switzerland it's easy to become an officer but they fuck you over in the long term you have to serve up until your 40s pretty much (that means every year up to that point you have to give 4 weeks up for the army)
>>
>>52748098
>my shitty experience applies to everything else

>being a soldier is lowly, expendable, and there's infinite of you
mostly true, but you live in a small country just as I do, there's not infinite of us
>its actually lowest of the low, for scum and for criminals
definitely not true where I worked, maybe because we have conscription, that way people from all walks of life gets contacted by the military
>>
File: campo.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
campo.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Soup.
>>
>>52746575

Former submariner here, I have sat off most of your coasts with many nuclear warheads and laughed while conducting drills. Ask me anything.
>>
>>52748460
never probably (tho I hope it happens sometime)

I left the army, signed electrical engineering and now wish to enlist to a much better army once I get my degree, dont want to ever be a grunt again, seriously that is for braindead people and criminals and other kind of scum.

>>52748796
Its very hard, and outright impossible for most people. For example, 1 bad tooth is all they need to refuse you. Have too much or too little iron in your blood? Denied. Some other obscure little problem? Denied. Have a living relative with a criminal past? Denied. Not even to mention lung capacity tests, motor skills tests, mental tests....

I dont even understand why it is like that, but for officers the standards are very high, especially for a country without a fucking army.
>>
>>52748971
If I asked you nicely would you please convince some of your friends to initiate nuclear war with the UK?
>>
>>52748941
we abolished official mandatory conscription but it still stuck, a lot of the people answer army call

the main point is, being a soldier, even a bannerman first class, is for low quality humans and no one should settle for that, or think there is something great or glorious about being a soldier

just saying, a soldier should be treated just like a criminal that served the sentence, he should not be treated like an engineer or a doctor or someone who actually is good and improves everything
>>
>>52748972
>Its very hard, and outright impossible for most people.
That's some outrageous conditions really, it was tough here as you needed to be fit, not a fucking moron and have some sort of worthwhile degree. Pay was good though
>>
>>52749046

Why would you want that? UK is your ally.

UK nuclear arsenal is a big joke. They only have 1 deterrent at sea, and we usually know exactly where it is. The other is in Scotland and wide open.

I may or may not have been within a few miles of it. :)
>>
never. because im japanese.
>>
>>52747591
t.ronto

I joined the navy because I want to live in BC and sail for a living.
>>
>>52749134
Same here.
1. good health
2. good fitness
3. smarts

and then making it trough the officer school.
>>
>>52749170
Very nice Ivan were you the ones that almost had a head on collision in the channel once?
kek
>>
>>52748098
do you do dis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTGM1n8CYyQ
>>
>>52749134
yea I applied as an officer but was denied because I lack experience (only done some office work, no leadership positions) and I didn't get high enough on the personality test (too disorganized they said)

I enlisted anyways and I figure if I'm still interested I can just apply latter once I have some in field experience
>>
>>52749084
>soldier should be treated just like a criminal that served the sentence
that is kind of how we were/are treated, yes
but you imply being a soldier is for the scum of society and that's not true in many countries that are not Serbia

I met several soldiers who would become engineers and so on after service
>>
>>52749242

We have had many close class, but none in teh channel that I recall.

There was a sub that caught a fishing net and dragged in while I was in the service. We nearly sunk it by accident. Its a major problem to avoid in the North Sea.
>>
>>52749284
you are thinking from the point of a militia and not professional army.
>>
>>52749195
Didn't Japan recently decide to re militarize? I assumed you would be building an army by now.
>>
>>52749243
yep, they even put us in a superheavy tank once but we couldnt really do anything in it

we had this awesome thing, like a joke, where every time we are in a uniform, we would shout from the bottom of our lungs, we would always pretend we are half deaf and we would just go around shouting at people and things
we also had the trashiest, most silly music we could find turned on every chance we got

anyway it was really fun, always shouting and everyone always looking at us whenever we passed by
>>
>>52749315
We have both conscripts and enlisted personell
many of the people who were professional soldiers are doing quite well for themselves after service
the average professional soldier here is a farmer, not a criminal
>>
>>52747591
>tfw this is kinda true
I'm joining the navy through ROTP because I'm poor as fuck and would never otherwise finish university. Literally nothing is going for me in life so maybe this will help.

All I want to do is sail around with some bros in a little submarine where we can forget about all of the real worlds problems and just make our own reality...I really hope everything works out.
>>
>>52748098
it depends desu
Army is really strict usually and regulated
Navy is a bit more lax, lots of easy work and free time when you're not at sea, but loads of work when you are.
its almost like a part time job with full time pay since you can be at sea for months

Air Force is the most laid back but its really hard to become a pilot, lots of girls join the air force because its easy.
>>
>>52749207
Officer school wasn't too bad for me, I'd come straight out of uni and into college, plus I'd done a couple of years as a reservist so kind of knew what I was in for.
Mind you, being pro-military at our uni's is a challenge enough as most everyone is vehemently left-wing and thinks all the worlds problems can be solved with a street protest or more weed.

>>52749272
Not sure how it works there, but I've recommended in the past that people try doing some work in volunteer organisations- state emergency services, volunteer fire-fighters, even working at various charities so you know how an organisation chain functions, how to get along with people and actually get shit done.
Still you could try out in the reserve forces to get an idea if it suits you in the first place and make a decision from there.
>>
I was not but sometimes I wish I had been since I lack say too much self control and discipline.
>>
>>52749284
at the core, you are talking about a civilian, I am talking about a professional soldier in a professional army

that kind of life is for scum and criminals, being a professional (lowly) soldier, you are your whole life uneducated and live in shit and behave like shit, and you are basically like a criminal class

no shit roman empire forbid its soldiers from entering rome, being a full time grunt is for lowly, disgusting people
>>
>>52749356
naw he's full of shit
maybe the army has some knobheads but for the most part they are solid blokes and your only real work is PT twice a day
I'm enlisted in the Navy and its much different, nutbags and idiots are filtered out pretty quick since when you're at sea for months with a handful of people you can't afford to have any morons.

also Navy is the most respected branch by civilian companies.
>>
>>52747591
Not really retard

Some people, including my family, has a military history. Family is pretty caked

Brother joined up after he did his masters

I would too if my eye sight wasn't all messed up
>>
>>52749243
Is that a grill?
>>
>>52749416
I have no doubt it's true in 2nd and 3rd world countries, but you wrote your post as if it applies to every military organization in the world.
>>
>>52749371
Well officer school wasn't that bad physically it was hard but I always knew I could do it the problem was that some classes had instructors that absolutely tore their assholes open
>>
File: 1 2 3 4 I LOVE MARINE CORE.jpg (105 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1 2 3 4 I LOVE MARINE CORE.jpg
105 KB, 640x1136
>>52749460
even the US Army isn;t that bad, if anything its pretty nice.

US Marines though, they are well known for being morons and criminals
>>
>>52749479
Oh for sure, the hardest part was not knocking someone the fuck out and giving them a good kicking
>>
>>52749514
The US military has made a big deal recently about not taking anyone who has so much as thought about crime. They also oddly care waaaay too much about sexual harassment and assault.
>>
>>52749460
it should be the same over there

soldiering is for trashy people who couldnt become doctors or engineers
just like manual laborers, various technicians, criminals, cleaners and janitors, fast food people, waiters, bus drivers.....
these are people of lowly educations, lowly skills, lowly paychecks, and lowly worth
>>
>>52749420
I'm going into to NCS Engineering, hopefully by septemeber Ill start school at Kingston (they have to run an extensive back check on me because I was out of the country for some time).

I always wanted the navy because sailing the seas seemed like a little boys dream come true. Where are you and what do you do?
>>
is it possible to transfer from the NZ military to the UK?

just curious, kiwi fag studying in Toronto
>>
>>52749582
Probably. The recruiter I'm in contact with is an immigrant from England so I don't see why you couldn't.
>>
0-4 Naval Infantry SF
>>
Absolutely no interest in the army, so I passed up during the online step of our conscription.
>>
>>52749561
And let me guess you're a doctor or lawyer right? Oh wait, not that it matters anyway because our burger flippers here make more money and are classier than your "elite" anyway.
>>
Six years, 2008-2014. Army NCO. US Army, Aviation branch. Ask away.
>>
>>52749554
I thought the army was the US's welfare/dole and that they would take anyone who could point a gun.
Irish army is hard to get into.
>>
>>52749575
in Esquimalt, Victoria BC for training, but I hope to stay here rather than go to Halifax, not that there's anything that bad about it but I love Vancouver island and Victoria, paradise on earth here.

I've only been at sea on patrol ships as is, I originally signed up as a Sonar/acoustics Operator but shifted over to boatswain because I enjoyed the proper "sailor" work a lot more rather than sitting at a computer screen all the time.
>>
>>52749561
It is for the most part here as well, actually good engineers are usually not choosing to get educated in the army.
>>
>>52749618
rules are you need at least 5 yrs of residence to enlist in the UK military as a commonwealth nigger

but like is there any ways around this
>>
>>52749618
>>52749582
no
the UK doesn't accept commonwealth applicants anymore, you have to live there for 5 years first.
>>52749638
can't you chose air or navy or coast guard instead?
>>
File: bird.gif (1 MB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
bird.gif
1 MB, 250x141
>>52749652
what kind of bird do you eat?
>>
>>52749582
>NZ military to the UK?
Not sure any more, we've had kiwi's in ours that transferred over without too many problems. But we're a bit closer than we are to the UK so things may have changed.
>>
>>52749663
Dude how hard is that boarding party selection

Looks cool as fuck
>>
>>52749652
How many sandniggers?
>>
>>52749655
it depends on what's going on

right now we actually have too many people in our military

as for welfare/dole, no it's more like a bigger opportunity for people who come from fucked up situations. they pay for your university after you get out.
>>
>>52749554
yea they took away alcohol aboard ships this year in our navy because some cheeky sailors "harassed" a woman, while at port, and not on the ship.
>>
>>52749697
That's during the second step iirc, I wasn't too keen so just answered in all the wrong ways.
>>
>>52749663
Yeah, buddy told me he was there in Esquimalt for years and absolutely loved it. Wouldn't mind Halifax either though.

Seems cool as fuck. Can you tell me anything about the naval systems combat engineers you see? How are they looked upon? How's the atmosphere and shit? Tell me the stuff they won't tell you at the recruitment centre plox
>>
File: Army in airport.jpg (149 KB, 700x355) Image search: [Google]
Army in airport.jpg
149 KB, 700x355
>>52747624
The Army send recruits home on Christmas? That's some pussy ass shit. Every time I hear something about the army my opinion of it only goes down.
>>
>>52749646
that's not how common sense works, they are worthless, anyone can do their job, and they are extremely replaceable

>>52749678
well the best ones go into academia, but military and industry gives 6 digits starting to technical personnel, those working on weapons platforms and so on, that's what I meant
military education is shit, but getting educated at national university and then joining the armies around the world (not serbian or norwegian army) is one of the better things you can do with your life
>>
File: ANBP.jpg (156 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
ANBP.jpg
156 KB, 1024x680
>>52749716
idk
I've looked at it because it looks pretty cool, and I have weapons training as is (since I might be assigned to combat crew) but only like once class has gone through the "Mureens" training so idk what its like.
>>
>>52749754
Marines do the same thing kiddo. I can't even tell you how many times I see boots walking around the mall in service uniforms during Christmas time. They love the attention I'm sure.
>>
>>52749701
Chicken, if the family land has it. In season for duck and goose right now.

>>52749720
I was a helicopter door gunner, my job was to support. I don't know if I killed, I only know that I fired. Ironic to be replied to by a swiss flag, I hope I make the home country proud. Family name Teuscher. Not trying to MUH heritage, I am thoroughly texan, I just hope you appreciate your country's progeny.
>>
>>52749834
Marines don't get out of boot camp for Christmas.
>>
>>52749750
>naval systems combat engineers
ngl you will probably be stuck on land a lot of the time
and the Navy is really strict about officer selection, I have a good GPA and am finished my degree this year but they still said it was unlikely.

not that you should try but its the most strict of any of the three branches.
>>
>>52749801
m8 the military isnt made up of just men who can shoot a gun
>>
>>52749834
Holy shit no they do not. The Marines you are seeing are probably boots either on boot leave after graduating boot camp, or leave from their SOI or their MOS school. Boot Camp does not stop during Christmas. You do not go home. I was there on Christmas. The only difference was on Christmas day instead of counting when getting ITed we sang Jingle Bells.
>>
>>52749837
Nice, godspeed my brother.
>>
>>52749750

Whats the navy doing nowadays

You guys getting your new ships ever
>>
File: halifax.jpg (403 KB, 1862x1352) Image search: [Google]
halifax.jpg
403 KB, 1862x1352
>>52749896
we hope
True Dough can easily decide "oh we need mo moni fo dem programs" and cut out ship order massively like he did with the F35s
>>
>>52749878
>>52749858
Fuck if I know the inner workings of your leave system. Seeing some fucker with nothing but an NDSM and a cherry stripe on his shoulder to me says he's in basic training. I went through OSUT in the Army through summer and didn't get shit. I cleaned weapons for 4th of July. Which...wasn't so bad.
>>
>>52749868
Huh, apparently RMC has already accepted me and I blew my aptitude test out of the water, everything is set for me to get in other than the fact they have to send the back check bullshit to Ottawa and that could take forever..

I did well in high school. Over 90 average. Do you think I'll still have a problem? Fuck, now I'm worried anon...this is everything to me...
>>
>>52749943
Lol were so fucked russians are setting up camp in the Arctic
>>
>>52749872
But its lower ranking tasks are uneducated labour that any idiot can do with some basic training. It's a fair point, and largely one of the reasons not many smart guys do low ranking military stuff.
>>
>>52749952
oh you're going into RMC?
that's a whole different story then
I'm at a civilian uni and applied for when I finish, but they really give you a shit time if you didn't go through RMC

yea if you do well in classes you will be fine then, I wish I had gone there out of high school desu, or that we had an ROTC program like the US
>>
File: 1344274597328.png (74 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1344274597328.png
74 KB, 1162x850
I'm a boot ass LCpl in the Marines
>>
>>52749952
I know guys that got into rmc. You have good marks and did well in the cfaf

Do you have leadership work or sports history
>>
in finland only future manual laborers and lower class in general goes to army

successful people don't want to waste a year of potential studies/career into playing boyscouts and the rest have moral reasons not to attend
>>
>>52750020
itte menossa seur kk, ootko sä edes käynyt?
inb4 joku sami
>>
I-I'm in Air Force DEP.
>>
>>52749987
Yeah, they want me to apply for civilian universities too but I'm going to RMC for sure. I want a career in the military and I figure it's the best education tailored for it.

Like I said, my recruiter told me they accepted me already, everything is just on hold because of the fucking inefficiency of the bureaucracy.

>>52749995
Fuck loads actually. Got an award from the mayor of my town for leading a volunteer tutoring program, got sent to the states for 2 weeks to do a model UN with an emphasis of leadership skills, supervisor at my shitty part time job, refereed poverty-ball matches, etc.

How do they like it?
>>
>>52750070
Fag.
>>
>>52750070
fag
>>
>Tfw wanted to become a marine since I was a boy
>Can not only due to the fact I wear contacts/glasses
>>
>>52750063
no en vitussa, C-paperit valheilla ja yliopiston penkille ilman vuoden viivettä. nauti verorahoilla kustannetusta larppileiristäs
>>
>>52750107
LASIK my friend
>>
>>52750070
It's not too late. It's only the DEP. You still have the option to switch to a different branch and not be a fag.
>>
File: Semper Fi.jpg (137 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Semper Fi.jpg
137 KB, 600x800
>>52750107
OORAH DEVIL DOG?
>>
>>52750084
Lol yeah you'll probably get it for sure dude
>>
File: rough seas.webm (2 MB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
rough seas.webm
2 MB, 720x576
>>52750084
either way good luck lad, be happy you figured this shit out in high school rather than wanting to join after you had already nearly finished your civie degree.

either way the Navy is great, criminally underrated as a culture of its own
be ready for gay jokes from family though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

nothing really beats being at sea though, especially riding through that swelling and churning endless sea

some advice too, don't go Submariner, don't talk about subs, don't even look at the subs, especially as an engineer they will poach you like crazy
>>
In Russia you're kinda happy if you got asthma.
>>
>>52750288
w-what's wrong with subs? I think they're cool...
>>
>>52750288
>don't talk about subs, don't even look at the subs
I've been on a sub once, they're called pigboats for a reason.
Fucking nightmare of plumbing, great potential for drowning and full of people that the navy doesn't want running around in the open near polite company.
>>
>>52750331
you spend your days half naked with a bunch of sweaty dudes, that's the rest of your life, you are isolated in tiny rooms and that's your whole life for months, there's nothing to see, nothing to do, no one new to talk to.. its not the worst thing in the world but it is very boring
also no pussy

that's also the reason why women cant serve the navy by the way, sexual tensions would be through the roof 24/7 and any healthy young person would snap, there would be nothing but rape going on
>>
>>52750331
what >>52750346 said
these aren;t nuclear subs lad, and even if they were its nothing like the movies where its some romantically masculine enterprise.

it sucks, you will be stuck in a stinky tube for months with no natural air or sunlight, if you even go to sea at all.

really its just much better to go on a proper ship, and whatever you do don't EVER say you think the subs are cool, they will pounce on you instantly and you will find yourself spending the rest of your service repairing some trash heap.
>>
>>52750428
>that's also the reason why women cant serve the navy
lots of women serve in the navy, and your hours are still fairly regular even at sea
>>
Graduating university and want to go enlisted infantry because i dont like being a leader or paperwork

Dumb idea?
>>
>>52750540
Dunno, but that's what I'm doing too.
>>
>>52750558
Marine or army infantry?
>>
>>52750540
not exactly
infantry isn't that bad and you can build some nice experience

I can't say much about what life is like though since after basic we all go our own ways.

technical trades don't matter that much because civilian jobs don't usually recognize army technician qualifications

but idk what the army life is really like in general, its a lot different from Navy
>>
>>52750570
Don't know yet.
The plan is to start seeing recruiters after the new year.
>>
>>52750540
Yes. Especially yes since you're Canadian. Between your shitty budget and lack of war it's especially dumb.

You will be treated as a child by the leadership you don't want to be a part of. You can do everything right and still be punished because of another's fuck up or stupidity. You will be treated as menial labor for sometimes pointless jobs. Enlisted, especially in infantry, are also still expected to show leadership. By the end of your enlistment you'd be a fireteam or maybe even a squad leader.
>>
Former army infantry officer.
>>
>>52750644
checked
>>
>>52748889
you only gotta do 4 years commitment for most office shit here, and a bachelors
ROTC is the easiest way to become an officer here anyway, just go to summer retreats
i gotta do ocs fuck that noise
>>
>>52750625
Go Marines. Given the current works situation and political climate in the US you're more likely to deploy and see shit as a grunt in the Marines than in army. Plus the Marines have camies that actually work.
>>
>>52750540
Depends what you're interested in doing once you're in the army.
Lot of technical roles aren't really super-technical (speaking as an engineer) and that sort of leaves various other sundry roles you'd probably be bored with quickly such as being a mechanic, fitter radio ops or the like.
There's other jobs like medical and support services which deal with health, sanitation and so on- don't fucking laugh until you've been up 25 hours, then every other LT is down with the shits so you get to take the kids out on patrol for another 15 hours! They're important people.

But the reality is that you should be looking at something where you at least push yourself to 100%, just to see where you are at that point in your life. Most people dawdle around at about 25 to maybe 50% of the true capacity and never see their true potential when it matters.
>>
3 years. My rank is staff sergent.
>>
>>52750735
>Implying Israel has an actual NCO corps.
>>
File: smprfi.jpg (721 KB, 900x917) Image search: [Google]
smprfi.jpg
721 KB, 900x917
>>52750719
can I keep feeding my anime addiction in the marines?
>>
>>52750735
Is it because of conscription you promoted that fast? E-6 usually takes 8-10 years for us.
>>
>>52750788
I would never want to be downrange with someone who watches anime.
>>
>>52750751
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staff_sergeant#Israel

That's the final rank for most non-career soldiers.
>>
>>52750816
Yeah I know, just fucking with you because the NCO corps is very, very different in the US.
>>
>>52750816
You ever meet any Israeli SF dudes

They look serious
>>
>>52750811
That doesn't answer my question.
>>
>>52750791
Yes. If I would have joined a combat commander course I might have earned that Ssgt rank after just 2 years.
>>
>>52750788
Marines are full of all kinds. You'd be surprised by the number if people who watch anime. Especially black people. There's tons of other interests you'd normally not associate with the Marines either. Depending on your MOS and unit you could end up playing DnD or even LAN parties. [spoiler]I still watch My Little Pony, though I hide my power level. [/spoiler]
>>
File: MP-D125-A.jpg (40 KB, 458x505) Image search: [Google]
MP-D125-A.jpg
40 KB, 458x505
Active duty Army on leave. ask anything, need something to make the night go faster.
>>
>>52750923
Do you regret joining the wrong branch?
>>
how can a white man say his military pledge or whatever it's called in other countries and effectively give up free will to obey commands unquestionably and be okay with it?

a regular job you can at least quit if you object
>>
>>52750919
Well, the heart of the question is how much time would I have for myself and what I would be able to do with that time
Of course I have other hobbies like boxing, literature, learning languages, and shitposting on /int/.
Anime is becoming more mainstream by the second.
>>
>>52750839
Yeah, when I have a couple of really good friends who've been to Special Forces while serving. They are like 150% manlier than the average soldier. They party hard too.
>>
>>52750862
You'll find plenty of people who are into all kinda of nerdy shit.
>>
>>52750946
well, sure the airforce has it nicer than us, the navy is never home so jody or the coast guard fucks their wives, and the marines get treat like stray dogs by the Pentagon, so not always.
>>
>>52750974
You can object commands in the IDF if they risk innocent lives for no reason.
>>
>>52750982
Damn how fit are these guys? You ever think about going SF
>>
File: 20151203_183204.jpg (952 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151203_183204.jpg
952 KB, 2560x1536
Still sleeping in the bedsheets I stole from there.
>>
was seriously thinking of joining the naval infantry

But no one in my family liked that idea
>>
>>52751072
Fuck your family fàm
>>
>>52751072
fuck those anti-patriotic fucks, I remember when I was 17 and my parents wouldn't let be join till I turn 18
>>
>>52750981
I'm in an infantry battalion but I'm a POG. From what I've seen grunts do jack shit while not in the field or deployed. Occasionally they take some class or do a working party but a lot of time they will skate. You usually woukd get releases around 1630. What you do after that is up to you, as long as you are there for PT and formation the next day. You get weekends off and even 72 hour or 96 hour liberties for holidays. You will occasionally go to the field where you work longer hours, miss some weekends etc. When you deploy you will have either no or a lot of free time. During those times a lot of people have laptops and external hard drives. You can catch up on a lot of shows during that time.
>>
>>52751072
Fuck your family. You're an adult make your own decisions. From what I've heard and can tell the Mexican naval infantry is actually competent and does something good.
>>
File: IMG-20151218-WA0020.jpg (56 KB, 504x504) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151218-WA0020.jpg
56 KB, 504x504
>>52750020
>wanting attention this badly
>>
>>52751048
I've already finished my 3-yeard term, but SF soldiers in the IDF have to serve for one extra year than the rest because of their long basic trainings.

They are manly, but also total bros. Greatest friends with lots of impact that even motivate their non-impressive friends to become better version of themselves.
>>
>>52748098
Serbia with the truth

Some people contribute to their military and their people through service and aptitude, but most aren't special in any way, shape or form. Blind worship of the military is fucking annoying
>>
>>52750293
is it true that you get raped as a conscript?
>>
>>52751148
>>52751106
>Mexican naval infantry is actually competent and does something good.

Yep, that's the reason that most cartels want them MORE dead.

My mother and father said that normally the cartels threaten family members if they are competent.
>>
>>52751122
Nice dubs.
Thanks, this is the answer I was looking for.
>>
>>52751204
Join the French Foreign Legion
>>
>>52751154
he's right though, only people from my social circles who went to the army were AMMATTIKOULULAINEN. people looking to go to uni myself included all dodged it with some menial excuses
>>
Idiot here
How many mags does the average soldier gets?
6, right?
>>
>>52751204
Curious how exactly would the cartel find out your in military

Assuming you tell only a few people and tell them to stfu about it
>>
>>52748098
US tank crew member here,

Our tanks > your tanks

suck it
>>
>>52749460
Don't be condescending, he has a point. Very few people join the military if they have somewhere better to go. Blindly following orders is not something the Einsteins and Steve Jobs of the world do.

Of course there are exceptions, but for the majority (and especially the rank and file) they're there because they're poor, got in trouble with the law, or had no other choice.
>>
>>52751264
not quite sure
Some marine's family got killed when the marine killed some drug boss (beltran leyva)
>>
>>52751226
Yeah no problem. Just remember to go Marines. The army has already shown a desire to fuck training and allow double standards in the name of political correctness. Army Infantry is not going to have a happy future.
>>
Went through a phase where I really wanted to join. Wait time was like 15+ months for infantry lol
>>
A better question would be how many people have voluntarily been in the army and not just conscription cadet time with the lads.

I haven't but I'm applying to the Royal Navy as a Submariner weapons engineer
>>
>>52751391
Was army infantry myself and I agree with this. If I had to go back, I'd join the Corps.
>>
>>52751290
Dunno about 'blindly' following orders, no one's really going to make you do something you just simply cannot do and that's what leadership comes into the equation where people need to be led and still like the fact they're going to be somewhere normal folks wouldn't be wandering around.
At its worst its just a group insanity and cat herding... in which case you PT the slack cunts to near death until they get their shit together, then do it again so it really sinks in.

I've been out for quite a few years now and consider myself at least moderately successful in life, maybe not a Steve Jobs or an Einstein, but probably better for having served in the army. At least it gives you an appreciation of what you do have when you've seen what a lot of people in other countries don't have.
>>
US Army 88M, 2002-2006. Spent quality time overseas verifying the presence of IEDs on roads.
>>
If I'm in the reserves or National Guard what will happen if I get deployed in the middle of college?
>>
>>52747624
Do you know that you're just a tool of the jews or do you actually believe you're helping your country?
>>
>>52751619
Depends on the college. You're still going regardless. Talk to your school before then to know what to do.
>>
>>52751657
Why do people love to bring this up? Almost nobody joins the military out of patriotic fervor, and if they're cognizant of being jew's tools why does it matter? People with this sentiment don't actively hate mercenaries.

>you're helping your country

No actually helping your country and likely significantly more so in the future.
>>
Me desu.
>>
>>52751619
Also go reserves. The national guard finding for college goes through the state budget, and most states are terrible with their budget. Two people I know in the guard have missed out of pay due to the states budget. The federal government is much less likely to do the same.
>>
>>52751609
>88M
>2002-2006

My respects
>>
File: 1448733266394.jpg (22 KB, 396x431) Image search: [Google]
1448733266394.jpg
22 KB, 396x431
>>52751426
>as a Submariner
>>
>>52751733
But the states where I'm looking to go to school waive or deeply reduce tution at a state school. I honestly don't care about the 2-3k a year salary I'll be getting paid.
>>
>>52746575
'yes'
>>
>>52751940
can you answer the rape q pls
>>
>>52750331
100 men go down...
50 couples come up...
>>
File: Hachikuji Smile.jpg (52 KB, 742x720) Image search: [Google]
Hachikuji Smile.jpg
52 KB, 742x720
>>52752095
Oh my
How do I get selected for a submarine?
>>
>>52752040
>the rape q pls
?
>>
File: wew.jpg (249 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
249 KB, 1024x682
I-I'm an IET FO in the Australian Army
>>
Russian

Also most on /int/ probably haven't served.

Especially ruski on int. Most aren't exactly fsb or naz material
>>
>>52751260
Depends on the weapon you're carrying, your role, and the operation

But I'd say 6 in your webbing and 1 loaded for patrol, if you're just carrying a standard service rifle
>>
>>52749806
They not effective.
>>
>>52751260
standard issue for me is 210 rds, 7 mags.
m4 carbine
>>
>>52751201
>>52752186
>>
Is this thread still active? I have some questions about the Air Force I want to ask
>>
>>52753223
US Air Force Rules:
1. Have a cocktail.
2. Adjust temperature on air-conditioner.
3. See what's on HBO.
4. Ask "what is a gunfight?"
5. Request more funding from Congress with a "killer" Power Point presentation.
6. Wine & dine 'key' Congressmen, invite DOD & defense industry executives.
7. Receive funding, set up new command and assemble assets.
8. Declare the assets "strategic" and never deploy them operationally.
9. Hurry to make 13:45 tee-time.
10. Make sure the base is as far as possible from the conflict but close enough to have tax exemption.
>>
>>52753662
11. Tell the Army to send in the grunts.
>>
>52753685
>Army
You mean Marines?
>>
>>52753724
Probably. My mistake, your fault
>>
File: IMG_77082234596886.jpg (60 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_77082234596886.jpg
60 KB, 800x800
>>52750735
>staff sergent.
Like every single other soldier that finishes 3 years at the army?
Except me, I finished 3 years as chief private but I'm no example.
>>
>>52748098
Im tank crew as well, i think we have the same kind of soviet helmets
>>
IM MILITÄR EIN KADER, IM LEBEN EIN VERSAGER.

Unfortunately, I could only complete basic training until I got told I have hypertension and sent home.

Feels bad man, I would have preferred to finish my service.
>>
>>52750020
Kek its the opposite the people who will be successful like DI, doctors, lawyers spend a year in the military while the regular dumb jonne fails at everything as usual and ends upp as 6months infantry
>>
File: giphy.gif (723 KB, 245x170) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
723 KB, 245x170
>>52754888
I would have preferred to get those trips
>>
I picked the alternative service, because being an EMT seemed like a more fun, useful thing to do.

This was in 2004 though, today I would absolutely pick the army.
>>
>>52755261
so you could fuck with the immigrants? and will you enlighten me on the Austrian army
I know nothing about it besides probably pretty damn decent equipment I'd imagine
>>
reservist
>>
>>52755395
do they still call you guys chocco's in nz? or is that only here?
>>
>>52755486
yeah that term is here too. Solar Powered soldier as well
>>
>>52755343
The only good thing about the Austrian army are the Gebirgsjäger and the Jagdkommando.

The equipment is mostly outdated with the exception of guns.
>>
>>52755343
The Jagdkommando actually has a interesting story
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdkommando
>>
>>52750020

Sellaset C vässykät löyty sieltä :D
>>
here mostly southerners want to join the army
>>
File: 1410688824605.png (136 KB, 622x626) Image search: [Google]
1410688824605.png
136 KB, 622x626
>>52750020
>>
>>52755856
Northerners must be weak
>>
>>52756078
in the army they couldn't wear their hipster haircuts
>>
File: 1449721500386.jpg (22 KB, 426x333) Image search: [Google]
1449721500386.jpg
22 KB, 426x333
As much as I hate the military, I feel like joining is swiftly becoming my only option. College is way too expensive, Jobs are scarce, and Rent is barely affordable.
Plus I've been wanting to off myself lately, but I'd rather die an ""honorable death"" 5000miles away from home mindlessly taking orders from an overweight man with metal on his chest so atleast my dad could finally be proud of me
>>
I was on military training when I was 16. I fired burst from AK instead of single shot, and when drill sergenat shouted at me I turned to him while holding a gun pointed to him and asked what's wrong. He jumped on me, took AK and gave me a slap. That's all my army expirience, I avoided draft when turned 18.
>>
File: havu.jpg (3 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
havu.jpg
3 MB, 2560x1920
Did my conscript service, like every honorable man should. Pic related.
>>
File: MarineTechnician.jpg (62 KB, 940x290) Image search: [Google]
MarineTechnician.jpg
62 KB, 940x290
Got Assessment Day for Marine Technician in the RAN soon, anybody got experience with them? Good choice?
>>
Conscription, yes. Finland (conscription)+Sweden (GMU)

I wouldn't call that "being in the army" though

I have a feeling most faglords ITT don't make that distinction. For once practically only the Americans and Israelis are the ones looking good
>>
Im in the US Navy. Stationed in Seoul. Lifes breddy good right now tbqh
>>
>>52751570
>in which case you PT the slack cunts to near death until they get their shit together

please tell me stories of when you PT'd slack cunts to near death and why
>>
>>52751609
Damn. Even I would buy you a drink and sit and stare out into space with you and shut the fuck up and I live in a country that hates your country.
>>
>>52746575
Been in the navy. Glad I quitted.
>>
File: 11-RC-Mec-Urutu.jpg (636 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
11-RC-Mec-Urutu.jpg
636 KB, 1024x683
Drove APC for a year.

Shit was nice.
>>
File: töttö.jpg (333 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
töttö.jpg
333 KB, 1600x1066
I know plenty of girls who have been in army
>>
>>52746575
Me
>>
File: iii.jpg (19 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
iii.jpg
19 KB, 400x388
>>52746575
328 ΕΣΣΟ

9 months

anti aircraft artillery operator

good times
>>
>>52760995
muh dick

w2c finn gf

gib tips, gib gf, gibgib gibgibgibigibgibgib
>>
>>52761041
330 εδω
>>
>>52752238
I though service was mandatory in russia
Don't they serve as soon as possible ? Its retarded to wait until youre 30+
>>
>>52746575
served 8 months, what a waste of time holy shit
>>
>>52746575
I wanted to join army, but they told me i can't kill russians, so i decided to do it on my own.
>>
>>52761127
Yeah, unlike those years you spend on 4chan
>>
>>52761158
Did you prove them wrong yet?
>>
File: Bueno.jpg (78 KB, 641x534) Image search: [Google]
Bueno.jpg
78 KB, 641x534
>>52761069
Just imagine the number of gangbangs she had in those training camps.
And the bullying, sex humiliation etc
>>
>>52746575
>mfw I can't get drafted because asthma
>>
>>52761687
What country are going to have war with? Haiti?
>>
File: 1409769768521.jpg (299 KB, 1600x1422) Image search: [Google]
1409769768521.jpg
299 KB, 1600x1422
>>52746575

>tfw currently conscripted and still 68 mornings left
>>
>>52761561
Sex is strictly forbidden
But I know plenty of guys who "experimented" with other guys during their service
>>
>>52748098
Not really. Most of the folks that enlisted are either doing so for work or just because for the hell of it.

Soldiers over here in general are held with high regard (not so much about police officers though)
>>
File: finnish army.jpg (141 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
finnish army.jpg
141 KB, 800x600
>>
>>52764399
your average evening in the MP company
>>
File: s124566.jpg (1 MB, 2816x2112) Image search: [Google]
s124566.jpg
1 MB, 2816x2112
>>
File: 223.jpg (2 MB, 2064x1627) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
2 MB, 2064x1627
>>52758577

The pen (Excel) is mightier than the sword.
>>
File: Bwx2jxL.jpg (212 KB, 1274x710) Image search: [Google]
Bwx2jxL.jpg
212 KB, 1274x710
>>
File: 1296627044786.jpg (51 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
1296627044786.jpg
51 KB, 600x750
Australian Army isn't so much an army as it is a rich kids need a lazy ass job guild, aka adult boy scouts.

Australian Army are among the most piss weak, idiotic, stupid, poor excuse for a troop on this earth. They can't shoot for shit, they can't find traps or landmines until one blows up. They don't know what team work is, or means. Not to mention I've seen a 12 Australian soldiers lose a fight fight to a bunch of Aussie Miners, who's job isn't to kill, but to mine gold.

Australia officer school teach fuck all about war, which as a result we have idiot officers who spend more time saying "where me boys at," instead of actually taking charge of a situation.

The soldiers themselves spend more time counting bullets, then learning how to effectively handling their weapon. There moto in warfare is move first, reload second. Their guns are crap, pure crap, even Asian imported weapons beat Australians current weapon system.

I tried to Join the American Marines because I'm ashamed of what a joke the Australian Army has become, but some lady fucked my green card up.
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (14 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
137593505136.jpg
14 KB, 240x320
>>52764457
>non-white in the finnish army
>non-whites all the way up at the Baltic Sea
>even become accepted into white armies
get fucked for allowing this, Finland
>>
>>52765273
Every man must go through it or you're sent to jail
Why should niggers get special treatment?
>>
>>52765346
why should niggers and/or shitskins be on your (our) white lands in the first place?
>>
>>52765400
Don't ask me, why do you have Sharia law?
>>
File: 1449269531753.jpg (395 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1449269531753.jpg
395 KB, 1680x1050
Im still in.
>>
File: IMG_0129.jpg (529 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0129.jpg
529 KB, 1200x1600
been a conscript in 2010
it was helluvafun
>>
>>52765273

All the black guys in my unit were pretty cool guys.

Most nigger niggers probably just avoid the service with petty lies while the proper respectable black people actually tend to enroll.
>>
Anti tank in spooky skeleton battalion
>>
>>52765653
we have the same speedos
>>
What are my chances of being an astronaut if I join the Air Force with an engineering education from a top ten school
>>
>>52761107
plenty of them get out of service
>>
>>52758577
Another havubro here
>>
File: M109A5Ö.jpg (9 KB, 270x186) Image search: [Google]
M109A5Ö.jpg
9 KB, 270x186
>>52746575
Reporting in.

I did my service in the austrian artillery a few years back.
>>
File: DCB_Shooting_G3_pictures.jpg (167 KB, 1049x580) Image search: [Google]
DCB_Shooting_G3_pictures.jpg
167 KB, 1049x580
What weapon did you carry while serving?
>>
>>52749170
What about France
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.