[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good chinese movie? I'm trying to learn the language...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: qipao.jpg (327 KB, 799x799) Image search: [Google]
qipao.jpg
327 KB, 799x799
Any good chinese movie? I'm trying to learn the language...
>>
>>52711550
Movies won't help unless you're already good enough to have conversations without stumbling through them
>>
>>52712131

i wanna get accustomed to tones and sounds in chinese.
>>
Anything by Wong Kar Wai. Wonderful movie maker.
I could also recommed some good kung fu and wuxia flicks, but i know they're not for everyone.
>>
>>52711550
http://www.douban.com/doulist/1317321/
>>
>>52712255
I would watch Three Kingdoms. doubt you can learn much from it but its a fun series
>>
14 blades is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RjYwciG2t8
>>
>>52715478
lol
>>52715788
I second Three Kingdoms.
>>
Three kingdoms TV show from 2010
>>
>>52711550
ip man
>>
Shaolin Soccer
>>
>>52718230
>>52718265
As much as I love those two movies they are in Cantonese, and the mandarin dub is awful.
>>
Yellow Earth
>>
>>52718299
Kung Fu Hustle
>>
>>52711550
Not Chinese, but HK action cinema is probably the most underrated movie style, especially John Woo's films. Although they're mostly in Cantonese I'm pretty sure you can easily find Mandarin versions of it nowadays.
>>
>>52718414
That's actually my all-time favourite movie.

>>52718425
Thank you for appreciating HK cinema my Belgian friend.
>>
>>52718535
I actually want to visit HK some day just to learn more about your great cinema world. It's kind of a shame that your movies are practically unknown here, after a brief hype in the 1990s, they're definitely worth more exposition.

Also waiting for Manhunt, although there isn't much news about it in the past months
>>
>>52711550
Try getting on tudou.com

Heaps of movies and TV shows on that
>>
>>52718735
Oh damn I haven't even heard about the new Manhunt remake. Sounds pretty cool. If you ever decide to visit Hong Kong please tell me in /east asia/. Those threads only pop up every now and then but I'm always there. I'll tell you where the best food is at.
>>
>>52719569
I'd honestly be glad to do this, I've posted sometimes in /east asia/ when I happened to find see the general. Although I seriously doubt I'll have the possibility to visit HK in the next year.
>>
>>52719668
It is okay I will wait. If I get too busy to browse /int/ the next few years I'll just set up an RSS to look for /east asia/ threads. Always happy to help.
>>
>>52712131
Wo xiang ni tzuo ai
>>
>>52719803
Thanks m8, I really appreciate it.
>>
Anything by or starring Stephen Chow.
>>
>>52720045
You think about me have sex? You mean "wo xiang gen ni zuo ai?"
>>
File: The only Wei to go.png (111 KB, 400x450) Image search: [Google]
The only Wei to go.png
111 KB, 400x450
>>52715788
This. Cao Cao is GOAT.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.