[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boom towns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: bald guy shampoo.jpg (117 KB, 600x735) Image search: [Google]
bald guy shampoo.jpg
117 KB, 600x735
I just watched this clip on Pilbara in Australia. Not a bad cost of living for the wages people earn there.

Has anyone else lived in a boom town? How many boom towns does your cunt have and what are they like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewpuCPvkVmg
>>
>>52708272
Our boom towns are currently drying up due to decreased oil prices and property developers learning that people who move to boom towns seldom stay around after the boom is over.
>>
>>52708434
Same thing's happening here. The boom towns down there are in Texas and the Dakotas, eh?

Based on what I've read, those places don't get outstanding wages.
>>
bomp
>>
File: 1315429342776.jpg (221 KB, 640x637) Image search: [Google]
1315429342776.jpg
221 KB, 640x637
>>
>>52708826
You wish you had a boom town, France. Go back to collecting welfare.
>>
>>52708199
I live in Southeastern Montana and up to the North there were a few towns affected by a boom in the Bakken oil fields. Lots of people from around the country came there for easy money, and there was tons of crime in usually peaceful small towns.
>>
File: laughing horse.png (1006 KB, 1300x957) Image search: [Google]
laughing horse.png
1006 KB, 1300x957
>>52708199
>that accent
>>
>>52709578
Forgot to add that a schoolteacher was murdered in one of the towns worst affected by the boom.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/28821554/man-who-murdered-sidney-school-teacher-to-be-sentenced-friday
>>
>>52709646
Do those boom towns pay a lot compared to non-boom town cities elsewhere? The US seems to be the only place that doesn't pay people more that live in boom towns.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.