[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A lot of native English speakers constantly make super basic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Age of Majority.png (218 KB, 1626x2915) Image search: [Google]
Age of Majority.png
218 KB, 1626x2915
A lot of native English speakers constantly make super basic mistakes like not knowing the difference between its and it's, or there/their/they're. Are there similar things in your language? Pic unrelated.
>>
Yes, (dumb) natives generally confuse "mas" (which means "but") and "mais" (which means "more").

There are probably other common mistakes, but I can't think of any right now.
>>
das (the, relative pronoun) and dass (that, conjunction) are sometimes confused
also there's the capitalization thing that may cause problems
>>
>>52702683
Difference between "og" and "å"
>>
>>52703109
Is the capitalization thing really considered a mistake?
>>
>>52703149
Yes, capitalization is an essential part of German orthograhy. If you get it wrong in a resume, you can wipe your ass with it.
>>
>>52702814
Hey, someone I know who doesn't speak German said that "Nei" is an informal way of saying Nein, like Nah is for No in English. is that true?
>>
Brazilians have a hard time using one of our accents, the crase (à). Used similarly to Spanish "hacía" and English "to + Feminine noun".

Example: Estou indo à farmácia. (I am heading towards the pharmacy).

There's even some people who write it as "á".

We still haven't learned how to use our language.
>>
>>52703252
To >>52703209

Fixed it for you, fäm
>>
>>52703252
don't know, maybe in the south
>>
>>52703109
>das and dass are SOMETIMES confused

You wish senpai.
>>
>>52703209
It's just all nouns, right? Is there anything else to it?
>>
>>52703252
Not that it is very relevant to German, but nei is the Danish and Norwegian way of saying no.
>>
>>52703310
and nominalized verbs and adjectives
>>
Then and than are often confused.
>>
I see that many people with US and UK flags don't know the difference between "then" and "than". Is that true or is it just a meme?
>>
>>52704565
We all *know* the difference intellectually, but it's extremely easy to screw up the practical usage.
>>
>>52704565
Not it is not a meme a lot of people don't really know the difference between than and then, too be honest I didn't really know the difference until a year ago, If you asked me on the street to tell you when you should use which one I'm pretty sure I couldn't give you a good answer, I mostly just know off intuition which one goes where because if you use the wrong one It just looks wrong in the sentence. Also a lot people don't know when to use too.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.