[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Ireland ever unite itself? Surely it had enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: ireland.jpg (94 KB, 453x499) Image search: [Google]
ireland.jpg
94 KB, 453x499
Why didn't Ireland ever unite itself?
Surely it had enough outside pressure, especially from the vikings and anglos, to get its shit together and it had several kings
What happened?
why potato don't unite?
>>
>>52689322
>using a ck2 map
Kek
>>
>>52689322
too much sheep to shag
>>
>>52689365
>cuck kings 2
>>
>>52689389
That's Wales, son.
>>
>>52689436
How do you shag whales?
>>
>>52689365
obviously not accurate but that's not the issue at hand
even africa had a few united kingdoms at one point
>we wuz kangz
why not ireland
>>
>>52689322
>Surely it had enough outside pressure, especially from the vikings and anglos
It was actually the Irish attacking Britain for a very long time. The Scots were Irish, they drove out the native picts in Scotland. And they raided England for a long time.
>>
>>52689322
Didn't Brian Boru tried it? Rulers of all of Ireland were called "High Kings"
When I started my game in EU3 Ulster was already English :(.
>>
They all hated each other and were too proud to unite, plus some of the kingdoms loved the British monarchy and would suck their dick. It was the King of Leinster who jewed us out in the end.
>>
why they all look like either bilbo baggins or captain haddock is what i wanna know
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_Ireland#High_Kings_of_Ireland_846.E2.80.931198

Would this sort of count?
>>
>>52690318
The High King of Ireland wasn't really a thing. There may have been one or two but historians now think the idea was fabricated in the 8th century by the politically powerful of the day to justify their doings.
>>
>>52690984
That isn't to say there weren't kings who didn't try to claim the whole of Ireland as their own, but virtually none of them were successful.
>>
>>52690984
>>52691124
you could do it today you know
kill the ones in the north and genocide the british in your lands
you can do it lads
>>
>>52691282
no bully 2bh
>>
>>52689322

IQ of 92 or less is my guess.

Potato
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.