[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I shall never grant that a German could know what music is.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: nietzche2.jpg (7 KB, 215x235) Image search: [Google]
nietzche2.jpg
7 KB, 215x235
>I shall never grant that a German could know what music is. What are called German musicians, the greatest in the van, are foreigners, Slavs, CROATS, Italians, Dutchmen — or Jews; otherwise Germans of the strong race, extinct Germans like Heinrich Schiitz, Bach, and Handel.

Ecce Homos

daily reminder that if Nietzsche hasnt praised your nations musical achievements, you are a non country
>>
>Even by virtue of my descent, I am granted an eye beyond all merely local, merely nationally conditioned perspectives; it is not difficult for me to be a "good European." On the other hand, I am perhaps more German than present-day Germans, mere citizens of the German Reich, could possibly be-I, the last anti-political German. And yet my ancestors were Polish noblemen: I have many racial instincts in my body from that source-who knows? [...] When I consider how often I am addressed as a Pole when I travel, even by Poles themselves, and how rarely I am taken for a German, it might seem that I have been merely externally sprinkled with what is German.

>I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood.

wtf, he was crazy
>>
>>52672457
His real name was Fryderyk Nicki, he was from a polish szlachta

All great Germans were Slavs. Leibniz? Sorb, lets face it
>>
>not having a based emperor

>The Emperor's erudition amazed Friedrich Nietzsche when both met.[18][63][64] Victor Hugo told him: "Sire, you are a great citizen, you are the grandson of Marcus Aurelius",[65][66] and Alexandre Herculano called him: "A Prince whom the general opinion holds as the foremost of his era because of his gifted mind, and due to the constant application of that gift to the sciences and culture."[47] He was elected member of the Royal Society,[67] the Russian Academy of Sciences,[68] The Royal Academies for Science and the Arts of Belgium,[69] the American Geographical Society,[70] and the French Academy of Sciences, an honor previously granted to only two other heads of state: Peter the Great and Napoleon Bonaparte.[66][71] Pedro II exchanged letters with scientists, philosophers, musicians and other intellectuals. Many of his correspondents became his friends, including Richard Wagner,[72] Louis Pasteur,[73] Louis Agassiz,[74] John Greenleaf Whittier,[75] Michel Eugène Chevreul,[76] Henry Wadsworth Longfellow,[77] Arthur de Gobineau,[78] Frédéric Mistral,[79] Alessandro Manzoni,[80] Alexandre Herculano,[81] Camilo Castelo Branco[82] and James Cooley Fletcher.[83]
>>
>>52672503
>>52672532

>poles trying to claim famous foreigners as polish

Marie Curie, Nietzsche, somebody even Culumbus...
I wonder how long until the Poles start to say that Jesus was indeed Polish.
>>
>>52672676

I'm not claiming anything. It's literally what Nietsche wrote. Obviously he wasn't a Pole but for some trolling purposes he claimed to be one few times.
>>
>It is to a small number of older French authors that I always return again and again; I believe only in French culture and regard everything else in Europe which calls itself "culture” as a misunderstanding. I do not even take the German kind into consideration. The few instances of higher culture with which I have met in Germany were all French in their origin.
>That I do not read but literally love Pascal as the most instructive sacrifice to Christianity, killing himself inch by inch first bodily then spiritually according to the terrible consistency of this most appalling form of inhuman cruelty; that I have something of Montaigne’s mischievousness in my soul and—who knows? perhaps also in my body; that my artist’s taste defends the names of Molière, Corneille and Racine and not without bitterness against such a disorderly genius as Shakespeare—all this does not prevent me from regarding even the latter day Frenchmen also as charming companions.
>I can think of absolutely no century in history in which a haul of more inquisitive and at the same time more subtle psychologists could be found than in the Paris of the present day. Let me mention a few at random—for their number is by no means small— Paul Bourget, Pierre Loti, Gyp, Meilhac, Anatole France, Jules Lemaitre; or to point to one of the stronger race, a genuine Latin of whom I am particularly fond, Guy de Maupassant.

Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
>>
>>52672457
>extinct Germans
Did this nigger forget Wagner?
>>
>>52672818
and this... is why nietzsche has null value as a philosopher

perhaps to young boys it might be prescribed as a pep-talk in written form, but not to the thinking man
>>
>>52672818
By having read Stendhal I get the gist of what he is saying and I completely agree with him.
>>52673047
And what exactly do you take issue with?
>>
>>52672676
Krzysztof Kolumb was a Pole retart

He was son of an exile Polish king
>>
>>52672560
"amazed" no quote. thanks Lecen.
>>52672818
But yeah--I believe he liked the French the most in terms of their music, but he oddly enough found them to be too rationalistic and pragmatic when it came to science. (Gay science Aphorism 37)
He also thought Southern Europe's music to be better than German music because it was far more savage and unapologetic.
>>
I agree with him, the french authors, especially in the nineteenth century were superior to the german artists. But there is no way that french philosophers, at this time, were better. A lot of french artists were in fact influenced by germans thinkers. Germans are the best of the western philosophy in the nineteenth century.
>>
>>52672911
he did not, wagner is mentioned in the same section
>>
>>52672560
Who are they talking about? Pedro II?
>>
>>52676202
He never talked about French philosophers being superior to German philosophers mate
>>
>>52676813
I wanted to answer to the Nietzsche quotation but failed.
>>
>>52676996
He was talking about psychologists, not philosophers
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.