[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>he hasnt read The Alchemist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_nmj30cdrHC1titub2o1_500.png (9 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmj30cdrHC1titub2o1_500.png
9 KB, 401x367
>he hasnt read The Alchemist
>>
>>52663911
>Alchemy
>>
What?
>>
I've never read Paulo Coelho because of the hype, people either love or hate him, and i didn't wanted to enter either of the bandwhagons.
Am im losing some good stuff?
>>
>>52663969
>Am im losing some good stuff?
Yes. Read it immediately.
>>
>>52663911
bet you $5 that you can't summarize it here
>>
File: 2015.png (307 KB, 506x362) Image search: [Google]
2015.png
307 KB, 506x362
>>52663911
>Paulo Coehlo
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA
>>
>>52663969
>What you want most in life is your life-destiny, and should be pursued.
That's the book.
>>
>>52663996
Boy seeks approval by others, instead learns to seek approval within himself

honestly i dont remember i read this book 10 years ago
>>
>he wastes his squalid existence reading contrived stories
W E W
E
W
>>
I read it a long time ago, it's a pretty nice book.

I got surprised though that so many foreigners like it. He's far from being considered the best writer in Brazil. Why is so famous abroad?
>>
>>52664029
sounds way out of my depth
>>
>>52664105
we always pick up the least interesting things from other cultures.
>>
the biggest proof of that is this song hitting #1 in europe:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcm55lU9knw

I'm yet to understand how
>>
>>52664234
this >>52664344 was meant for you
>>
>plebo cohelo
That's the kind of shit books that are soldados in supermarkets
>>
>>52664105
inoffensive universal themes easily translated
>>
>>52663911
i did
it was shit
>just b urself
>1 race human race
>WE WUZ MOORS AN SHIEET t. Alberto Barbosa
>follow ur dreams ;^)
garbage literature for teenagers
>>
>>52664402
could be, at least our most famous movie (City of God) is pretty awesome and not inoffensive at all.
>>
>>52664394
You're jealous beause cortazar - or any other argentinian writer for that matter - will never be as popular worldwide as paulo coelho is.
>>
Paulo Coelho is not so bad, but he's definetely not great.
Axe de Assis is based though
>>
>>52664523
but hes shit
>>
>>52664523
Borges is popular among people serious into literature
Cohelo is a nigger
>>
File: yog43NL.png (724 KB, 841x703) Image search: [Google]
yog43NL.png
724 KB, 841x703
>>52664459
still,
genius, billionaire, playboy & philanthropist

>>52664555
>Cohelo is a nigger
he is white-ish, pic related
>>
>>52664105
it's read in a lot of high schools
>>
>>52664637
do you guys even know he is brazilian? Or what Brazil is, I mean, I hope you guys don't think we are a middle eastern country or something.
>>
>>52664811
sweet burn dude
>>
>>52664847
it was not meant to be offensive, just asking, since I find weird a novel that takes place in Egypt being the book of choice for a Brazilian writer.
>>
>>52664811
>do you guys even know he is brazilian?

I dunno maybe, can't recall. This was a long time ago, but I remember in class we looked at a brief biography of the author and I remember his favorite movie was 'once upon a time in the west'

I'm pretty sure everyone knows that Brazil is that large south american country, whose inhabitants of the southern part are 100% white.
>>
>>52665211
>I'm pretty sure everyone knows that Brazil is that large south american country, whose inhabitants of the southern part are 100% white.
kek

the memes are real then
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.