[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I find most americans really annoying, it seems like it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: implying all of this isn't true.png (143 KB, 741x454) Image search: [Google]
implying all of this isn't true.png
143 KB, 741x454
I find most americans really annoying, it seems like it's impossible to explain anything to an american that conflicts with their predetermined view, maybe because americans usually only speak 1 language, and then a few spanish words that took them 4 years to learn.

I think only being able to speak 1 language makes you just really unable to gain new perspectives on things.
Also multilingual master race, point and laugh at those who only speak 1 language.
>>
Your European language skills will be put to good use soon; enjoy learning Arabic, Pashto and Dari mi amigo.
>>
>>52663301
What languages do you speak?
>>
>>52663301
Language has nothing to do with it. The reason you are unable to explain anything to us is because you're an inferior yuropoor and we don't give a fuck about any of the stupid hippy shit you have to say.

Even if you were to give me your opinions in Tagalog I would not find any reason to value it.
>>
File: the amazing jay.gif (2 MB, 400x178) Image search: [Google]
the amazing jay.gif
2 MB, 400x178
>>52663301
Oh look, its the twelfth daily "I hate America" thread. I've never got to one of these this early
First for doooooooooooon't care
>>
File: 1407210491288.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1407210491288.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>52663301
>hates Americans because of their predetermined views
>justifies it with his predetermined views

top kek m8
>>
>>52663358
Danish and English Fluently, I'm learning German at the moment understand most but don't speak it aswell yet.
>>
I find most Europeans really annoying, it seems like it's impossible to explain that America is more than one person, which conflicts with their predetermined view.
>>
>>52663386
You're kind of expected to know English so that doesn't really count. But good on you for learning German.
>>
>>52663301
Nice knowing that you're a cuck to foreign countries and the languages of your overlords.
>cuckmark
>having a national identity ever
>>
>>52663386
You have to know English because nobody else in the world speaks Danish, you NEED to know English. Us on the other hand already speak the dominant world language, learning other languages is far less necessary you dipshit.
>>
>>52663301
It's not that I don't understand what you're trying to say it's that I don't care about it.
>>
>>52663386
>learned English because America raped your country
>learning German because the EU can't stop sucking Germany's dick
Congratulations on your success.
>>
>>52663301

So you know English and your language?

This country has many different cities with different perspectives and with their own culture. On the internet you will find material that originates from this country on just about anything which is just a glimpse of how many differing opinions we have. Even our programs on television are different and we have hundreds of them. So to say that we don't have exposure to different ideas or to information is misleading in fact we probably are amongst those that are exposed more to different ideas and information.
>>
>>52663301
>thinly veiled multiculti advocate
One common language is the strongest common cultural/national bond. It's why USA isn't getting invaded like Europe.
>>
>>52663301
Please tell me you're the new Panamad! I haven't seen him post in weeks.

It's kind of neat watching an irrelevant little worm wretch and squirm at the thought of my country existing. Keep it up!
>>
File: 1429087673004.jpg (10 KB, 196x186) Image search: [Google]
1429087673004.jpg
10 KB, 196x186
>>52663432
>>52663358
>>52663360
>>52663345
>>52663364
>>52663485
>I don't care
>but i care enough to post about it

>>52663413
>>52663484
I've never needed to know english, neither do i need to know geography, or history, or arts.
But i still do because we value knowledge.

>>52663547
Different ideas that all come from the same culture and way of thinking.
There are some unavoidable media trends in everything produced in america.
>>
>>52663301
>I find most americans really annoying
Americans don't think about you at all
>>
>>52663623
In today's world English is pretty much a necessity as opposed to a hobby. That's why most European schools from pre-school upwards it is mandatory that English is taught.

Other langues would be considered a hobby to some extent.
>>
>>52663623
>Different ideas that all come from the same culture and way of thinking.

So do you honestly believe that the way of thinking here is as unified as is the way of thinking of a smaller European country?
>>
>>52663301
Most natives from anglophones don't take a second language seriously, not just the US

Also most people I've seen that whine about others being brainwashed or impossible to convince have invariably always ended up being weird conspiracy theorists with youtube channels full of UFO and psychic pets videos, regardless of whatever citizenships they had or what side of borders they lived on

And no, languages do not correlate with development in a raw context. The US and UK are some of the top intellectual producer nations in terms of designe, innovation, jobs and output while billions of multilingual people toil in stagnant poverty around the world. It's uncommon to find poor peasants in southeast Asia who don't know at least 2 local languages, many also take English as well
>>
I don't understand why we're the anglos that cop the most shit for being monolingual, more of us know a second language than brits and aus/nz
>>
>>52663301
suck on my hairy balls you effeminate euro fag
>>
>>52663301
The reason why this is so, min danske bror, is because America is detached from the rest of the world, and has never had to undergo normal levels of sociocultural compromise as have most european nations that have been around for thousands of years.

This is why they lack personal boundaries and why they are genuinely not able to reconcile certain perspectives.

Think of the U.S. as a very spoiled younger child who has a bad attitude because he's been given everything in his life basically free and easy, primarily due to his inchoate existence.

In a lot of ways, though, it truly does make the U.S. the greatest country on Earth, in the manner of >>52663360 , where the people here simply have no need for your degree of compromise and reconciliation. It is found to be a defeated sort of trait.

You are absolutely correct in boiling it down roughly to do with languages. Learning another language furnishes an individual with a very faithful emulation of 'defeat' on a personal level of the cultural scale 'compromise' which is resultant from hundreds and hundreds of years of history.
>>
why always denmark ramble?
>>
>>52663827
why always greenland rope?
>>
>>52663716
You're kidding yourself if you think the majority of our population work with international business or tourism.

>>52663717
You guys argue about minor differences and blow them up to be big things. There might be a few things that are actual differences in opinions and views in the USA, especially after the 2008 crisis, like some of your people wishing to have universal healthcare. This is fairly new that this is a popular opinion though. I wonder where they got that idea from.

>>52663736
>>52663760
The entire anglo-sphere is a little bit like this, but US being a superpower adds a certaub complacency to a lot of people.

>>52663827
I was bored, why do you even have your own flag?
>>
File: 1391662786527.jpg (58 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
1391662786527.jpg
58 KB, 500x666
Why do Europeans have such a strong inferiority complex when it comes to Americans? They literally go into a spastic fit any time America is even mentioned. We literally don't even think about you at all.
>>
>>52663802
From what i experienced in USA, the reason why americans lack personal boundaries, is because charity and having connections are so important in the US, when everyone is corrupt and you can't expect anything to work it's important being able to meet new people, in demark everything works nearly always and we have the lowest perceived corruption levels in the world, subsequently it's very much against our culture to talk to people on the street ot butt into anything anyone does.
>>
>>52663857
>but US being a superpower adds a certaub complacency to a lot of people
that's a pretty big claim, aside from when we get insulted without any provocation no one sits around thinking about how powerful our country is. it doesn't show up in our daily lives.

humoring you with two posts ITT was more time than i should have even given you so im just gonna dip out of here. no doubt you'll think that i'm just "conforming to my predetermined view" despite this thread just being vague insults that apply to the entire anglosphere.
>>
>>52663301
>misconceptions
implying
>>
>>52663921
It was nice having you, merry christmas!
>>
>>52663857
>You're kidding yourself if you think the majority of our population work with international business or tourism.
Regardless of that, knowing English is still a necessity as it is considered a universal language used to bridge the language gap between foreigners hence why it is compulsory in schools and takes precedent over other languages.

I respect you for learning German but as I said previously, knowing English is all but expected.
>>
>>52663912
>Americans lack personal boundaries because they're all corrupt

Can you explain where this came from and why you believe it?
>>
>>52663912
And your culture is fucking dogshit so forgive us if no one values your opinions on ours.
>>
>>52663959
you too, one day you'll grow up and stop hating america because it's in vogue
>>
>>52663857
The Ausbro is right, learning a second language for Anglos is a hobby, not a vital skill.

Quite a few do persue it, and some even go on to be polyglots, but you can get by fine without it

>>52663857
>but US being a superpower adds a certaub complacency to a lot of people.

Relevancy doesn't mean higher standards for knowing things. Americans don't have to know more about Denmark than people from Aruba, Columbia or New Zealand just because we're a superpower.
>>
File: 1390541070312.png (97 KB, 261x294) Image search: [Google]
1390541070312.png
97 KB, 261x294
>>52663993
Pretty much this, if you speak your native language + English you can hardly claim intellectual superiority over anyone else, you're still doing the bare minimum to get by in this world.
>>
Sorry guys, I forgot to feed my hat again.
>>
Was it so easy to get people this riled?
>>
>>52664066
Honestly especially because literally everyone not only speaks English in Danmark, but is well fluent in it also.

Not to mention Danish basically is English.
>>
>>52664089
What, you new here or something?
You can say mean things about any country and people will come out of the woodworks to prove you wrong.
>>
>>52664131
>Not to mention Danish basically is English.
You're thinking of Dutch bro. Danish is Norwegion for people who fuck their cousins.
>>
>>52664131
>everyone in the country speaks it
>it's only expected and should not be counted

>>52664066
Almost any brazilian you find can't speak proper english, still we manage to survive
>>
>>52664174
No I'm thinking of Danish. Dutch technically is the closest to English save from Frisian, but Danish is very, very similar to English. More so than Swedish or German (because the Norwegian language was the Danish language just 200 years ago).
>>
>>52663998
Get back to me when your veterans are actuallyed payed the benifits they earned.

>>52664174
To be fair my cousin is smoking hot.

>>52663993
In your opinion, outside tourism i can't think of anything i would ever need it for.
Also expecting people to know things doesn't make it less important to know things, i don't expect americans to know anything at all, but that doesn't make it good.

>>52664032
I never asked americans to know anything about Denmark, I am more shocked at how little they often know about america, or 20th century history, things that should actually be quite relevant to them.
>>
>>52664200
>Almost any brazilian you find can't speak proper english, still we manage to survive
Yeah, and they're a third world shit hole
>>
>>52663857
>You guys argue about minor differences and blow them up to be big things.

Those are things that are debated on a national level so the disagreements do tend to get big because of that. Local issues vary of course and they are handled efficiently so there is no use in devoting that much time to them in the media. This happens in the EU as well.

>This is fairly new that this is a popular opinion though.

Actually it is not fairly new but it has become a more popular topic recently especially since it is something that has an impact on a nationwide scale.
>>
>>52664300
If they knew english, I don't think it'd be any different, you know
>>
>>52664308
It's new that it's popular.

In the EU we have everything from communists to qausi-nazis.
In the US congress you have 2 parties that are so similar you might aswell have no parties at all.
You don't even have what europeans would call a left wing opposition, people in the congress never votes on changing american foreign policy, only how much money should be put into it.
>>
>>52664275
>Also expecting people to know things doesn't make it less important to know things
Yes, that's right, but a distinction needs to be drawn between the two, there's necessities and there's hobbies.
>>
>>52664360
>You don't even have what europeans would call a left wing opposition
Maybr that's because Americans are for the most part not sympathetic to left wing policy.

You're literally complaining that we have our own way of doing things which don't get with tour political biases. Know what that makes you? A huge asshole.
>>
File: 1432724756686.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1432724756686.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>52663301
>talking shit about america while posting on an american website, writing in English, and responding with american memes
>>
>>52664275
Common people often forget things they learned in school especially if they don't have an interest in history, this applies across all borders.

Also most importantly, to reiterate:

>Most people I've seen that whine about others being brainwashed or impossible to convince have invariably always ended up being weird conspiracy theorists with youtube channels full of UFO and psychic pets videos, regardless of whatever citizenships they had or what side of borders they lived on

Claiming people are brainwashed is a major red flag as you grow up, just like when creepy guys lambast all women for not admiring a supreme gentlemen like himself.

Look at yourself before you go against the world. I'm an actual unironic redditor and whenever I see "brainwashed" used there I always check their post history and sure enough, they post in paranormal, religious and conspiracy subreddits. go figure.
>>
i hate scandis and kids with funny accents
>>
>>52663301
How you ever considered that cultural differences have something to do with it?
Europeans are so self absorbed that they always think their way of doing things and position on a certain topic is right.
Europe is numerous countries but have lots of similarities that when they come to conflict with american customs, they considered their way of looking at the world to be the only reasonable and correct way.
I find europeans at least the ones like you to be arrogant.
>>
>>52664430
>I'm an actual unironic redditor

Literally didn't even need to say.

Your post was confirmed for reaking of leddit right when you busted out the elliot rodger reference
>>
File: 1450982425661.gif (4 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1450982425661.gif
4 MB, 200x200
>>52664275
They usually are, with a few "incidents" here and there due to bureaucratic scum.

Meanwhile you still haven't provided me with an explanation why you think all Americans are corrupt to the core.

>>52664360
A. Not similar, you're a dolt if you think they are just because they agree on certain things but argue on implementation.
B. Congress doesn't handle foreign policy, the President does. Congress handles the amount of foreign aid going out though, but that hardly counts.
C. If political diversity is a good thing, how on Earth do you think its going to solve our current deadlock? It isn't, which is why we don't let non-essential gunk get in the gears.
>>
>>52663912
>it's very much against our culture to talk to people on the street
so the scandanavia is autistic meme is true?
>>
>>52663301

It's an hegemonic trait. Every mighty country/empire in the past has had this carefree sit back and ho-ho-ho thing.

Nothing new. Murica simply perfected and exacerbated the art of living by memes, slogans, clichés and generally lame, arrogant and unsubstantiated 4-5 words claims/asseverations, to the point of making it a core part of their identity. Possibly their only real core cultural identitarian aspect as they have nothing else to hang on to.

Their fall and crash is going to be epically funny, precisely.
>>
File: 1445896280888.png (45 KB, 151x166) Image search: [Google]
1445896280888.png
45 KB, 151x166
>>52663623
>We value knowledge
>>
>>52664499
>Europeans are so self absorbed that they always think their way of doing things and position on a certain topic is right.
this
always complain about how us americans are doing things the wrong way but were the ones that have surpassed them.
>>
>>52664533
Hola Españolistan.
>>
>>52663301
hahahahaha
Ameritard are turds hahahaha
>>
>>52664360

Our parties are actually quite different in each state and each state goes in its own direction and focuses on different things.

The EU does not offer everything to everyone but rather it puts things into action where some countries get left unsatisfied. This does not mean that the EU lacks differing opinions or perspectives nor does it mean that every country in the EU is the same.
>>
>>52664533
>It's an hegemonic trait.

This is basically what I said here
>>52663802

Although I see it as a great thing. Not even American. Just have respect for a successful culture. Though, as I iterated in my post, that success really is only based on its infancy. But no reason to doubt it just on that basis. We'll see I guess.

Keep in mind that the only reason you find it disdainful is because you're on the defeated side of things.

Then again, that defeated side could very well just be the wisdom of history talking.
>>
>>52664419
America doesn't have a left wing party because your voting system is very unrepresentative and also because of a dedicated historic effort to eradicate any other ideology.

You can call it your way of doing things, in the same way as the Soviet Union had their way of doing things which is of course the only reason they had no oposition parties.

>>52664430
I am not a conspiracy theorist but i think your post reeks of chemtrails.

>>52664508
Not that all americans are corrupt, but that the national system in place in america are corrupt. You guys have huge cooporate lobbies with massive influence over your government, your doctors drug you up because companies pay them to do so, investment into public transportation or social mobility programs are basically non existant at this point.

In denmark you can rely on the government to help you if everything else goes wrong, pretty much always, you can always get free education healthcare and such things, these are not guaranteed in the USA and therefor people have a higher incentive to seek altenative ways of security, one of those being having connections to people.

You deadlock is implace, because your constitution has a fetish for "checks and balances", a simply majority rule would be just fine.

>>52664596
Please explain the major ideological differences in your parties i am very interested.
>>
>>52664505
There is nothing wrong with Reddit.
>>
>>52664649
>says the redditor

There's nothing wrong with eating from the dumpster, you're just hungry!
>>
>>52664649
>there is nothing right with reddit.
ftfy
>>
>>52664636
>America doesn't have a left wing party because your voting system is very unrepresentative and also because of a dedicated historic effort to eradicate any other ideology.
Wrong. We do not have a major far left wing party because the vast majority of Americans do not support far left political policy.

That is a fact.
>>
>>52664671
>>52664682
See >>52664649
>>
>>52663301
What about the huge mexican population living in US who can speak spanish and english fluently? They should be taking over the country by now.
>>
>>52664691
Yes, i know they don't, all americans are right wing.

You're not really helping the case to prove how diverse american opinions are.

>>52664729
And when they do america will be a much more diverse country, possibly also in a civil war.
>>
>>52664714
The people who go on reddit are massive overly entitled, naïve, immature, and generally annoying wankers.

Worst part is they don't know they all fit neatly into one strangely specific archetypal category when viewed from an outsider's perspective.
>>
learning english + native language means you're smart.
>>
>>52663301
Can't we just all be nice to eachother? :(
Things like this make me so sad :(
>>
>>52664755
The problem with you is that you don't value any opinion that isn't far left.

The system the US has has worked excellently for us for 250 years. Can you honestly not understand why Americans would tell you to take your socialism and shove it up your yuropoor ass? You don't want what's best for Americans, you want what's best for your own ego.
>>
>>52664805
For us to move past our problems we must first realise they are there, think of this as an intervention to save just a few american souls by giving the crazy new ideas.
>>
File: the smuggest of them all.png (28 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
the smuggest of them all.png
28 KB, 200x200
>>52664831
>The system the US has has worked excellently for us for 250 years
hmm..
>>
>>52664831
Please don't project so much.
>>
>>52664755
America is very fiscally conservative, but it has become increasingly (troublingly) socially liberal in the past century.

The thing is, being from a smaller country, basically any western european country relative to the US, you're going to have smaller populations. This means that more liberal economic policies are likely to function and that liberal social politics are likely to be more of a negligent issue.

With America however, just due to its massive size and population, conservative fiscal policy really is the only viable option, and liberal social policy is likely to have more of a pernicious, endangering effect.

So basically the reason why being excessively capitalistic works and why gay marriage ruins society here is because we have a greatly larger population than you.

Toggle that parameter of population to 'low' and things like socialism work just fine and gay people are too small of an issue to really do any actual damage to the culture.

It's just not the same here though. Remember that.
>>
I just find 95% of Americans annoying by their voice alone. There's really nothing more needed, but the over-enthusiasm and feigned niceness also pushes it further.
>>
>>52663370
Leave it to Americans to confuse lived experience with preconceptions.
>>
>>52663301
Being cucked by the americans and spaniards really had their benefits :D
>>
>>52664869
The US is the richest most powerful nation on earth with one of the highest quality of lifes you will ever find outside of microstates.

What your critique amounts to is that you are upset the US has achieved this via a political path you would not have chosen. You're an elitest arrogant piece of shit: that's why no one cares what you have to say.
>>
>>52664765
>says the 4channer unironically
>>
>>52663301Sorry you feel that way about Americans ;_;
>>
>>52664832
As opposed to Denmark?

Your parties consist of

>far left
>left wing
>center left
>centrist
>cucked as shit center "right" party that still is quite leftist in social policy

Anything further right and it's nazism to you leftist cretins.
>>
>>52664891
It's the american accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMF62-C_1XU
>>
>>52664881
This post is confusing because I realise I've used to term 'conservative' where it applies to fiscal policy in a manner opposite to how it's usually applied to that subject.

Americans are very fiscally liberal*. (That's confusing though for the sake of juxtaposition).
>>
>>52664831

>Has worked excellently for us for 250 years

USAUSAISAUSAUSAUSA
>>
>>52664691
>That is a fact.
This is the purity of tardism.
>>
>>52664881
>gay marriage ruins society here is because we have a greatly larger population than you

The best thing is i bet there are americans who unironically would say this in real life.

>>52664891
The feigned niceness is part of the entire trying to make connections thing american culture has.

>>52664929
I don't mind being an elitist* arrogant piece of shit, afterall, as long as i am part of the elite who cares?

>>52664964
Far left
centre left
centrist
centre right
very right
nationalist

you have to try a bit harder, this is not difficult to google.
>>
>>52664939
4chan has its subcultural residue but it's not nearly as miasmic as that of reddit.
>>
File: Tired.jpg (20 KB, 500x542) Image search: [Google]
Tired.jpg
20 KB, 500x542
>>52664832
I suppose. A lot of close minded people do exist in the world, and I guess you just have to take one group at a time.
Sorry for all the emoticons, I had a sort of paradigm shift recently and now any and all sorts of negativity and meanness towards anyone and anything deeply hurts me inside.
>i still go on 4chin tho lmao
>>
>>52665004
>this is what 4chan actually believes
>>
>>52664999
I also forgot we have the pants on head libertarians now.

>>52665008
We get past our emotional problems by having sex with 15 year olds in Denmark, i don't know what it is about it, it just makes everything feel right.
>>
>>52664999
Well I'm not personally American but I would affirm that that statement is absolutely true.

But that's just my point, you living in such a small country where homosexuality due to small population size is such a non issue, you've never lived in a culture where you're actually faced with the danger of homosexuality towards the culture. So of course you think it's ridiculous. You've never existed in the cultural context where it becomes true.
>>
>>52664999
Yeah, no. Your "right wing" parties are still much further left than ours. They still suck refugee and shitskin dick. They still rob me 60% of my income.

There are no real right wing parties in Denmark or in western europe anymore.
>>
>>52664999
>I don't mind being an elitist* arrogant piece of shit, afterall, as long as i am part of the elite who cares?
Then you surely won't mind being ignored and ridiculed for the obnoxious cunt you are.
>>
>>52665020
Go on then post all about it on r/4chan you absolute twat.
>>
>>52664999

Its not even that though. I've done plenty of networking, traveled all over the world and been to lots of social events. There's being social, connecting with people, then there's just saying things and asking questions with zero intention or interest behind them. Its incredibly shallow and misleading.

>>52664976

Many variations of the same nasal and nasty sound. I've heard so much American accents and only a handful of nice ones. They're much better for women than they are for men, too high pitch.
>>
File: 1391449783763.gif (198 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1391449783763.gif
198 KB, 640x360
>try to be genuinely a nice and pleasant person
>Euros think you're being fake
>>
>>52664999
We don't feign niceness, but seeing as you accuse us of trying to include you in our 'corrupt ways' by merely talking to you, I'll let it slide.

I understand certain concepts might be foreign but really? Do you live in a tinfoil house or something?
>>
>>52665107
Americans do not experience sincere emotions
>>
>>52665151
>we don't feign niceness

You've got to be kidding me.

Of course not /all/ Americans do, but it is an undeniable defining trait of the American people. Its one of the main things people the world over know you for and complain about when socialising with Americans.
>>
>>52665089
>>>/b/
>>
>>52665200
We're not actually faking though.
>>
>>52665067
Everything left of hitler isn't a left wing party.
I'm sorry, but we use the normal political spectrum here, not the tinfoil hat one.

>>52665069
>Ignored
>102 replies and counting

>>52665100
I guess thats true actually, but that doesn't answer why they do it to such a degree, where does it come from, and why is it different from other places.

>>52665107
Not all americans, some of my favourite people are americans, they are also just 90 years old, but when Tom Lehrer dies i don't know who to turn to.

>>52665151
No i live in a concrete house actually, it's pretty nice. Americans do often seem to feign niceness though, when you have people who pretend to be nice, but have no concept of empathy.
>>
>>52665214
yes you are
>>
>>52664360
>complains about how Americans knowledgeable in other cultures
>then says this stupid shit that sounds like a 5th grade libertarian trying to the democrats and republicans
>>
File: reddit frog saved from tumblr.jpg (8 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
reddit frog saved from tumblr.jpg
8 KB, 220x200
>>52663301
100% correct except the "Murigans stupid" meme and the personal space thing but that one is here because Germans are anti-social and autistic. Oh, and all people are consumerist and materialistic nowadays.
>>
>>52665214

Its the "Hi, how are you?" a person in a store says but doesn't even reply if you answer/return the exact same question, only everyone does it.
>>
File: despair.jpg (186 KB, 899x598) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
186 KB, 899x598
>>52665200
What's the alternative then? Being an asshole when we're in a bad mood?
I just don't like being mean to people or making people feel bad in general
>>
>>52665054
In rural America we're supposed to get over our emotional problems by acting stoic and secretly drinking whiskey late at night.
>my home state's suicide rate is higher than Japan's
>>
>>52665254

No but believe it or not you can be a bit quieter. Maybe even not go out of your way to engage with people if you're not feeling great.

People are allowed to feel unhappy. Negativity is natural and repressing it entirely is unhealthy.
>>
>>52665216
>>Ignored
>>102 replies and counting
Well that's what you were complaining about wasn't it, that Americans are no interested in hearing your idiotic far left opinions? Now you know why.
>>
>>52664976
>talk louder and clearer than you normally would

holy shit that. Nothing else is really right but that one hits it dead on. I get told all the time that I mumble or am too quiet yet evERY ONE ELSE IS JUST YELLING AT ME.
>>
File: 1450598612304.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1450598612304.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>52665287
>repressing negativity
It's almost as if... your point of view was... upside-down
>>
>>52663301
>"Murigans stupid" meme
>meme
>>
>>52665338
>Moldova chiming in

CAT
GODDESS
FEVER
>>
>>52665307

The other parts are spot on from my experience (traveled 12 states and met lots of Americans elsewhere and in NZ)
>>
>>52665107
european parents are like animals, so they have never experienced true kindness. It's alien to them
>>
>>52665235
See >>52665214
>>
>>52665287
Exactly how many grumpy Americans did you encounter trying to chat you up?
Because that shits rare as hell.

>>52665253
That's their job.
Do you honestly think every small-talker is doing it to spite you?
>>
>>52665237
>implying libertarians aren't just another ideology that is just like the previous 2 in america except without a concept of consequentialism.

It's okay, you don't know why i am wrong but i am, i get that a lot.

>>52665304
I never said that i had far left opinions, only that they don't exist in america, i believe in a healthy debate.
And i am a consequentialist, take that how you want it on your political scale.

>>52665307
I play video games with americans quite often, but when more than 5 of them get together i have to mute mumble before my head starts hurting.

Also why do americans say "OOOOOH" really loudly, when someone says something they find even remotely witty.
>>
>>52665216
>No i live in a concrete house

Brutalist architecture is a sign that you're being oppressed.
>>
>>52665338
>>52665239
>>
>>52665376

Most yes and its not spite, its just nothing behind the words. Its an empty waste of time from someone who doesn't actually care when speaking to you.
>>
>>52665394
But i have apples trees in my garden, how can i be oppressed when i crow my own apples?
>>
>>52665382
You're playing with ghetto boys.
>>
>>52665372
you probably don't even know you're doing it but you are
Americans literally talk like television characters, there isn't anything authentic about them
>>
>>52664420

lel this. Just think of how many american products denbro is using to rant about american culture.
>>
>>52665382
>Also why do americans say "OOOOOH" really loudly, when they come to a realization.
ftfy
>>
>>52665421
You live in a commune, lad. Run away before they send you to the gulag.
>>
>>52663613
Wait, what happened to Panamad? It has been at least a week, hasn't it?
I'm gonna miss that fucker.
>>
>>52665216

>Everything left of hitler isn't a left wing party.
I'm sorry, but we use the normal political spectrum here, not the tinfoil hat one.

And as a result your right wing parties are cucked and pussified beyond belief. They are cuckservatives. Enjoy your Muslims.
>>
>>52665426 See >>52665214
>>
>>52665426
Nice bait m8.

>>52665419
Its to pass time not to waste it.
Were the Americans talking to you doing something else while talking?
If not they're dorks.
>>
>>52664420
>>52665427

>my country produced some good things so its above criticism of any kind

I really hope you're not actually this retarded, for your own sakes.
>>
>>52665425
I am playing with white guys with jobs or in university education mostly within economy or science, from pensylvania

>>52665447
Nonsense, no american i have ever talked to comes to realizations, they just deny everything until you get frustrated and leave, and then next time you talk to them they claim that their new belief is the belief they have always had.

>>52665462
I can't, Commune is the administration level below regional here, so everyone lives in a commune.

>>52665469
Like, do you not know how to quote on 4chan right bruh?
>>
>>52664636
Although we may have two major parties, there are several subfactions within the umbrella parties.
For example
Republicans:
Neo-cons, libertarians, tea party
Democrats:
Social democrats

These are just off the top of my head.
Here are the wiki links
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factions_in_the_Democratic_Party_(United_States)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factions_in_the_Republican_Party_(United_States)
>>
>>52665485
how is it bait?
you people are really annoying, just accept it
>>
>>52665419
>someone who doesn't actually care when speaking to you.
>I need a personal connection and emotional commitment from anyone before I can engage in conversation with them
R u grill?
>>
>>52665214
They're reffering to the off hand "how are you" stuff that say a store clerk is told to say.

I'm not used to it myself, my state is known for being naturally mean and suspicious to each other.
>>
>>52665493
shut up mordor
>>
>>52665500
Ooooooh as in the sound 'O' or Ooooooh as in screaming?
Also if you get a headache that easy turn down the headset man.
>>
>>52665532
Australians are exponentially worse than Americans though.

You lot are like a failed version of Americans.

For fuck's sake you refer to McDonalds as 'Maccas' how much more cringeworthy and vacuous can you get.
>>
>>52665522
>Neo-cons, libertarians, tea party
Basically the same.

>Social democrats
I think you have 1 in the congress, and a tiny amount scattered in the states though.
I met an american who joined the CPUSA once, he had no idea what socialism was, and later voted republican. He was quite funny.
>>
>>52665500
>Nonsense, no american i have ever talked to comes to realizations, they just deny everything until you get frustrated and leave, and then next time you talk to them they claim that their new belief is the belief they have always had.

yeah yeah what ever.

But I think the origin of the "OoooHHh" thing comes from comedy movies, and people just naturally took it up themselves.
>>
>>52665532
its bait because its bait

no human can possibly resist the charms of freedom, nor Lady Liberty's seductive curves
>>
>>52665532
>I don't actually care about my fellow man, I let the state do that for me
Socialists, everyone...
>>
>>52665563
>>Neo-cons, libertarians, tea party
>Basically the same.
Oh so you have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about. Glad we cleared that up.
>>
>>52665550
It's my headphones are too tight, and i am up late at night playing with everyone, and they just yell and talk over each other constantly, and i don't feel like having a shouting compitition every time i want to say anything.

It's like the opposite of a german teamspeak where you feel the need to ask for permission to say anything.

>>52665577
probably.

>>52665594
explain the difference.
>>
>>52665562
not really
Americans are just loud, stupid robots
>>
>>52665562
>Australians are basically Chinese knockoff Californian/Texan hybrids
So it's not just me that thinks this?
>>
>>52665493

Lol shit on American culture and people all you want, but we must of done something the rest of the world hasn't done to have the ability to militarily take over the world, refrain from doing so, and then inadvertently take it over anyway with American culture, media, and products.

Stay mad irrelevant anglocuck.
>>
>>52665532
>just accept it

we one up this every day. We don't give a shit.

It's not until other peoples start pestering us about why we don't give a shit that we'll start explaining. The US citizens who travel outside the states are perhaps the only people who care about you guys, hence why they are so damn annoying. please take more of them.
>>
>>52665605
>explain the difference.
www.google.com

I'm not your fucking wetnurse and I'm not going to spoonfeed tou.
>>
>>52665522

Should make a different thread about this t bh

It would be interesting and informative to a lot of non-Americans

>>52665539

No, I'd just rather not waste my time with such empty conversation and a careless individual. Its not even about making the connection or ever seeing them again. Its about having the basic courtesy to listen to someone and engage in what they have to say and vice versa.

>>52665610

Pure, unfiltered autism.

>>52665426

This 100%
>>
>>52663912
So you are a stagnant pile of dogshit culture?
You don't attempt change, or the help others? You don't take in other experiences, and stay secluded to the world around you, forcefully blind to the world?
>>
>>52665563
>Neo-cons, libertarians, tea party
>Basically the same.

>I find most europeans really annoying, it seems like it's impossible to explain anything to a european that conflicts with their predetermined view, maybe because americans usually only know about one political outlook, and then a few things about how everyone else is a Nazi that took them 6 years to learn.
>>
>>52665522

>Provide you a list of varying political factions in the republican party is that
>"basically the same"

Fuck off you ignorant denbro, the reason Trump and his follows are causing such a ruckus in the republican party is basically pissed off REPUBLICAN tea-party members trying to replace the REPUBLICAN neo-cons.
>>
>>52665605
Late night is probably midday for them, so that's probably why they're so loud.
Just get some aspirin if it bugs you that much, or possibly a different headset. Protect them ears boy!
>>
>>52665605
>It's like the opposite of a german teamspeak where you feel the need to ask for permission to say anything.

Oh my fuck lad I knew a German kid exactly like this. He was a t*rk though. Handsome fucker who literally asked a girl's permission before he started autistically talking to her about shoes.
>>
>>52665563
The Democratic presidential candidate in second place is a democratic socialist. I'm a libertarian socialist. Socialists aren't that rare here, we're just largely unrepresented.
>He was quite funny.
You sound gay as fuck, bruh.
>>
>>52665650
directed @ >>52665563
It's late don't lampoon me for fucking up
>>
>>52665610
Won't argue with the military bit, but the reason why American """""culture""""" has taken over the world is because it's basically a cancer and also has nothing at all to do with America.
>>
>>52665645
>maybe because americans usually only know about one political outlook
Should have said europeans. I ruined my shitpost.
>>
>>52665562
Though, everyone likes australians, and nobody likes americans.

So they aren't completely failed, they're like british people but without failed empire dreams, and a cuter accent.

>>52665622
It's okay if you can't, they are quite similar afterall.

>>52665632
Who should we help? No one needs help, your view is so classical of the type of american i can't stand.
You simply cannot imagine we have a society where you actually just don't need help from people, because the government actually protects you effectively.

>>52665645
>>52665650
Neo-cons and libertarians are in a political coalition here because their political differences are so small they can still make a combined government together.

>>52665669
I need to get a new set of Sennheiser, my last ones lasted 3 years but the sound was lost in 1 ear, now i have audio technica, and they blow.

>>52665680
Being around germans makes you ask for permission for things just completely naturally.

>>52665689
If bernie sanders wins the US election i am going to die laughing. I wanna see it happen just to see militias running for the hills.
>>
>>52665631
>No, I'd just rather not waste my time with such empty conversation and a careless individual. Its not even about making the connection or ever seeing them again. Its about having the basic courtesy to listen to someone and engage in what they have to say and vice versa.
You sound unpleasant and pretentious. I'm glad we haven't met.
>>
>>52665707
>has taken over the world is because it's basically a cancer and also has nothing at all to do with America.

That's because humans are cancer.
>>
>>52665728
>they are quite similar afterall.
The absolutely are not. Your ignorance of this is incredibly telling.
>>
>>52665728
>cuter accent
More like an accent which has had the absolute life sucked out of it.

I agree that Americans can come off as soulless, but then Australians are an amorphous steaming pile of emotional rubbish, perpetually drowning in their own excrement via self-consumption.

Australia is literally British hell.
>>
>>52665728

You're ignoring the most pressing example that is within the republican party, and that is the far-right tea party members revolting against the established neo-con republican party.
>>
>>52665753
Okay Joe Blowhard Rogan.

No human beings are not cancer. We are the best and the worst. Cancer is simply what is the worst.
>>
>>52665728
>nobody likes americans
>why aren't Americans more interested in other cultures?
Y'all are dicks, that's why, ya fuckin' jerk.
>You simply cannot imagine we have a society where you actually just don't need help from people, because the government actually protects you effectively.
Damn. I consider myself, but this autistic bullshit made me cringe.
>>
>>52665728
>Neo-cons and libertarians are in a political coalition here because their political differences are so small they can still make a combined government together.
>Things are in other places as they are here.
They're very different here. Neo-conservatives are moderate, globalist corporatists. Libertarians are radical, populist isolationists.

I'm not saying you're wrong about Americans, I'm just saying you're the exact same person you criticise others for being.
>>
>>52665743

I'm unpleasant and pretentious because I listen to people when they speak and when I ask questions I'm interested to hear their answer?

I'm glad we haven't met too
>>
>>52665782
Show us on the doll where the Australian bantered you
>>
>>52665728
>Who should we help?
Anyone who is in need, unless they are not worthy of help, and sometimes even then. People who have chosen to live in poverty, and such, are you saying your government can baby all of you, and work effectively without debt, or stress?
>>
>>52665808
>No human beings are not cancer. We are the best and the worst.
We're pussies with AIDS?
>>
>>52665822
consider myself a socialist*
>>
why do Americans find it so unfathomable that they're unpleasant to be around?
>>
>>52665826
>Libertarians are radical, populist isolationists.
pretty much this. Libertarians just throw away their vote every election and just pull away votes from the republican party (the party they generally most align with) and just aid the democrat candidates.
>>
>>52665860

Because they treat every general criticism as a personal attack
>>
>>52665829
>I'm unpleasant and pretentious because I listen to people when they speak and when I ask questions I'm interested to hear their answer?
No, you're unpleasant because you think small talk and genuine concern are mutually exclusive, you snobbish cunt.
>>
>>52665860
>why do Americans find it so unfathomable that they're unpleasant to be around?
mfw American are made fun of for being oblivious to other cultures and make sweeping generalizations about them, unlike all the other cultured and aware foreigners.
>>
>>52665830
sheew os on theeh dole wee'uh theeh 'ustraliyan bantah'd yeu

sheew os mait dewn't bee sew shoiye jeest sheew os

SHEEW OS JEEST DEW ET MAIT

fucking wank tier accent if I'm to be honest with you
>>
File: 1446952249307.jpg (85 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1446952249307.jpg
85 KB, 640x480
>>52665905
>>
>>52665753
Except danes, we only heal people. We litterally fuck them healthy.

>>52665772
You can call me ignorant, and i can call you ignorant, and we can continue this forever, i asked you to explain the differences, but you're either shit posting or just too stupid to tell.

>>52665782
Australians sound great, americans sound okay to me too, depending on where they are from, midwest people actually sound pretty nice to me.

>>52665789
What is the tea party rebelling against?
And what do they want different from the other republicans?

>>52665834
We have people who go out and feed homeless people, give them shelter and blankets, and ask them every single day if they would like a place to live or if they need anything.

The only beggars i have ever seen as ilegal immigrants, and the amount of those i have seen in the capital the past half year i can count on 2 hands.

If someone falls i help them up obviously, but generally people here don't need any help from random people.

>>52665860
You can't smell the shit if you grew up in a toilet.

>>52665826
I know a lot about US, it's geography, history, language, politics, culture, media, books, music etc.
I doubt you can claim that about any other country, so i am not the same.

Also the only difference you've pointed out so far then is that in a single area of foreign policy libertarians differ from neo cons.
>>
>>52665898

Its got nothing to do with small talk vs grandeur. If you start a conversation or ask a question, regardless of how menial, you should listen to that person's answer.
>>
>>52665905
It does actually have some truth to it though on a general level.

But you don't see it just like you don't see that all redditors do actually fit into one strangely specific archetype.

I've lived here for over a decade and there definitely is something frustrating about Americans which does not exist in mostly any other culture.

But guess what, we've already figured out what this is here in this thread. Refer to:

>>52663802
>>52664533
>>52664623
>>
>>52665905
>p-please don't generalise me
you're 99% all the same sitcom watching drones that talk way too loud
>>
>>52665924
I do not understand the canine chewing a straw meme.
>>
>>52665933
>siger danskeren
>rodgrod med flode se på mig og min smukke sprog rooooodddddgroooodddde medddddd floooodddee
Australians sound fucking whiny and defeated mate. At least the American stereotype of being obnoxious and loud is better than sounding like your willy's just been hacked off.

But
>>
>>52663802
> has never had to undergo normal levels of sociocultural compromise as have most european nations that have been around for thousands of years.

War. You mean we haven't gone to war with ourselves as much as the rest of the world has.
>>
>>52665933
>I doubt you can claim that about any other country, so i am not the same.
I actually can, which is why I don't go boasting about it. Of all my Swedish friends that know nothing about America, do you know how many claim to be geniuses whose knowledge is busting at the seams? Most of them.

>Also the only difference you've pointed out so far then is that in a single area of foreign policy libertarians differ from neo cons.
Nigger, what were the three things I said. Were they one thing? Wait, no, no, they were not.
>>
>>52665933
>What is the tea party rebelling against?
>And what do they want different from the other republicans?

So in 2012, there was surge of fundamentalist christian conservatives called the "Tea-Party" who worked to elect as many "Tea-Party" affiliated candidates to the Senate. The main issue that was spurring the Tea Party was Obamacare, and the established neo-conservatives (Dick Cheney, Bush, etc) were willing to cooperate ***A BIT*** with the Democrats, something forbidden by the Tea Party. Failing to magically repeal Obamacare, and further frightened by Obama's leftist policies, the *former* tea party members are rallying around Trump. Now the old neo-cons and more *traditional* republican base is trying to rally someone to Stump the Trump.
>>
>>52665938
>hi, how are you?
>fine, thanks. How are you?
>*walks away*
Who the fuck have you talked to? I think you might just be boring or unpleasant.
>>52666013
It's a meme? I was just using it as a mfw reaction image.
>>
>>52666037
It's just how i feel about it their accent, also we have an australian future queen, so we can't say anything too bad about australians.

God save Crown Princess Marry.

>>52666047
What country do you know so well.

>Nigger, what were the three things I said. Were they one thing? Wait, no, no, they were not

>They are radical
That's not a difference in policy, that's just your personal opinion.

Libertarians in my view don't offer any different solutions or views of how the world works to neo-cons. Only more of the same and to more extremes. They are isolationists not because of humanitarian reasons, but fiscal ones. You could easily convince neo cons to vote for something with the logic that libertarians employ, and vice versa, probably the reason why they are both in the republican party in the end.
>>
>>52666047
To continue, many Americans do the same thing. Literally. The same thing. The kind of people you've based these generalisations about Americans on is the same person as you. You're just a Danish reskin of a know-it-all asshole that you hate. Why do you bother me so much? Because I used to be that person too.
>>
>>52665728
>Though, everyone likes australians, and nobody likes americans.
>So they aren't completely failed, they're like british people but without failed empire dreams, and a cuter accent.
Making autistic shit up
>>52665607
More like you are quite stupid robots afraid of conversation, and general niceness. People can feel sad, but attempting to cheer yourself, or others works out a lot better.
Be kind to others, and they shall be kind to you.
>>
>>52666044
Not just war but historical diplomacy in general.

Americans haven't ever truly been interconnected between different cultures because we're a geographical isolate (Canada and Mexico don't count for obvious reasons).

There's no real 'politics' in America because 'politics' implies living amongst the 'polis', of which there are truly none in America's case, aside from, of course, America itself.

So that natural sociocultural compromise and resolution process is just absent and that's how they became such a hegemony.

Similar case actually to Britain, in the sense that this explains Pax Britannica despite Britain's admittedly meagre geographical size.
>>
>>52666047

Having poor behaviour/idiots in one country does not excuse it in another.

Saying "yellow is bad though" because someone said red is bad is not a counter argument.

Of course every country on the planet has idiots and shit aspects of their culture. The point in this thread is that Americans are seemingly incapable of taking some simple criticism and treat everything as a personal attack.

>>52666107

Yes its definitely me. That's why I've not had the same problem with literally any other people I've met in ~15 countries. It couldn't possibly be a problem I have with the way you have learned to socialise.
>>
>>52666106
>Tea party people are neo con voters that doesn't understand how the political system works and won't accept it either.

But this isn't an ideological difference, i already knew they were retarded.

>>52666107
>Hi, how are you?
>I am not so good actually.
>Oh i am sorry, anyway, i was working late today and this guy came in the shop and wanted me to do something that is actually my job blah blah blah.
>>
None of those are misconceptions tbqhf
>>
>>52666162
>It couldn't possibly be a problem I have with the way you have learned to socialise.
I'm not the one with the problem. You seem unhappy. I'm just curious.
>>52666180
>Oh i am sorry, anyway...
Do you really not think that would be considered rude and selfish here?
>>
>>52665933
>We have people who go out and feed homeless people, give them shelter and blankets, and ask them every single day if they would like a place to live or if they need anything.
>The only beggars i have ever seen as ilegal immigrants, and the amount of those i have seen in the capital the past half year i can count on 2 hands.
>If someone falls i help them up obviously, but generally people here don't need any help from random people.
I'm not even sure what we are talking about, but if someone is short on change or something, and I have some spare change I might give it to them, or if someone needs help lifting something, or they are in a bad mood, and the occasion is right I'd ask them what is wrong, just to help them out, but most of the time, I can tell people just want to be left alone. I'm not going to butt in where I'm not needed.
>>
>>52665397
Stop being salty, Mexico.
>>
>>52666131
>That's not a difference in policy, that's just your personal opinion.
Fine, then two things.

Neoconservatives are interested in militarily fucking with the outside. They always want to increase the military budget.

They also want to socially restrict people. they want to make things like abortion and weed criminal. Libertarians want to legalise every drug, gay marriage, all that shit college kids like to whine about. Neoconservatives want to federalise, while Libertarians want to give power to the states. Neoconservatives pushed for the federalisation of school standards while Libertarians would see public school disbanded entirely. Please continue to tell me that they have the same basic world view. A lot of the rhetoric is similar, but every political group recycles rhetoric. The policies are entirely different.

>What country do you know so well.
From what I can see from your personal standards, most countries. Definitely Sweden, the UK, and Japan (inb4 weeb. I've made my life mistakes). My mother's from the UK. I visit a lot, mainly for holidays. I used to talk about Swedish politics with Swedes nearly everyday for years. I literally just finished a 16 unit Middle Eastern political science class. I'm not saying I'm an expert on anything, but I'm telling you that I know /something/.
>>
>>52666234

I'm only unhappy with experiencing that from Americans.

The thread was about issues this guy had with Americans so I posted what personally irritated me. It just happens that that same thing is a common sentiment.
>>
>>52666162
so what about Americans who don't socialise in this stereotypical manner? Do Americans who say go abroad for university generally become outcasts? just curious
>>
File: 1434900395690.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1434900395690.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>52663301
I'm a citizen of the most relevant nation on Earth; there's no significant benefit to learning a lesser used language like Danish. Sorry.
>>
>>52666334
Mandarin
Spanish
German
French (only for fun)

Anything else is a waste of time to learn.
>>
>>52666387
*English

Anything else is a waste of time to learn.
>>
>>52663301
>it seems like it's impossible to explain anything to an american that conflicts with their predetermined view
I feel like this describes everyone on /int/, maybe you just notice it more in Americans because of some kind of anti-American sentiment that everyone on this board seems to have.

>I think only being able to speak 1 language makes you just really unable to gain new perspectives on things
Many Americans have learned other languages in school, but we have forgotten them because there is never really an opportunity to use your second language. Even in the off chance that we can speak a second language there's a 99% chance that whoever we want to converse with speaks English.
Also why is everyone so hung up on Americans, it's not like we're the only country that has a monolingual majority.
>>
>>52663301
It's not really an American thing. Most Anglos in general only speak English. There's really not much point in learning another language when your native one is already the lingua franca of the world.
>>
>>52666234
Probably, but no other country promotes being selfish as much as USA. And it doesn't stop americans from being rude either, in surveys even americans think americans are the most rude people.

>>52666258
Well so will i, i am not saying all americans are like this.
But for example while i was in New York, there would be people trying to talk to me and my friends in dinners while we were eating.
Just small talk, which is fine and we enjoyed it.
But that is inconceivable here. Danish people do not start talking to random people in resturants, that would be considered extremely rude.

>>52666274
Neo cons want to increase military budget because they make money on it.
Libertarians don't want to increase the military budget because they have money else where which is what they want to be deregulated.

Neo cons want to restricting people is maybe a good point i don't know enough about all of the state policies to comment on that.

Libertarians want to legalise every drug because they can make money on it, maybe they don't care about gay marraige, but these human rights still don't mean anymore to them than they still vote with the republicans.

I don't agree neocons want to federalise, unless it serves a spesific goal.

I don't think their world view is radically different, they both think that the world should be governed by free markets, and they are both led by people who are wealthy and stand to gain from deregulated markets.
Their core focus are not on people but on "liberty" they protect cooporations over consumers. Despite what libertarians say they are still just as much cooporate mouth peices as neo cons are, if you look at it from a consequentialist point of view.

Also /something/ is better than /nothing/.

>>52666452
It's mostly from experiences in real life and gaming and discussion communities.

>Many Americans have learned other languages in school, but we have forgotten them
Then you haven't learned them <3
>>
>>52666452
>Many Americans have learned other languages in school, but we have forgotten them because there is never really an opportunity to use your second language.

Yup, this is true for all English countries.

I used to speak conversational French but now I can hardly form a pretty basic sentence. (Still read alright though)

>>52666498

It also doesn't help with countries (particularly Germany and the Nordics) that insist on speaking English even when you make an effort to speak the local lingo.
>>
>>52666498

>Then you haven't learned them <3

No. If you spend enough time in another country and exclusively use their language you will even begin to forget your mother tongue. A full language is a HUGE amount of information to retain, and if you don't actively use it that memory will degrade significantly for most people.
>>
>>52666524
>It also doesn't help with countries (particularly Germany and the Nordics) that insist on speaking English even when you make an effort to speak the local lingo.

I think we are pretty tolerant of people trying to speak Danish. Even get the odd tourist who tries to speak Swedish thinking that is what we speak.
>>
>>52666498
>free markets only benefit rich people
Spoken like a true yurocuck piece of trash.
>>
>>52666555
I hadn't spoken german for 9 years until i started taking classes again.

I didn't forget a thing, my grand mother spend 2 years in england in 1948, she is 89 and speak english fluently despite not having spoken it for some 67 years.

Maybe if completely avoid contact with the language you can actually forget it, but if you are telling me you cannot find a single word of spanish in USA today, i am gonna die laughing.

>>52666596
>Anyone who doesn't conform to my narrow view of the world is evil.
You're the embodiment of INGSOC
>>
>>52666596
Going to have to agree with you on this one.

There is literally nothing stopping your average low social economic bracket American from saving up 25k and investing and coming out a millionaire in 5 years.

Something which is only really feasible in the US and UK.

But that requires mental labour which most (continental) Europeans in all their daintiness just can't appreciate at a basic level.
>>
>>52666498
>Neo cons want to increase military budget because they make money on it.
So is what you're saying that wanting to make money on something doesn't make it a political standpoint? I'm not saying either side is altruistic. Then having selfish motivations doesn't make their outlooks radically different. That's a silly argument. If one group wants to militarise and influence foreign affairs because they have money in it and another group doesn't, that in no way means they're doing the same thing.

Libertarians and NeoCons may claim to want a lot of the same vague stuff, but they have such different ideas about how to get there. Can't the same be said about any political party? They want their country to be strong. They'll probably use all the same rhetoric. You don't think they're all the same, do you? Naw.
>>
>>52666417
>having to learn English
I'm not considering what I did when I was a toddler to be learning.
>>
>>52666643
>You're the embodiment of INGSOC
You're the embodiment of someone who understands economics at the level of a 6 year old.

>I think the word I'm looking for is "a European"
>>
>>52666498
>in surveys even americans think americans are the most rude people
>muh buzzfeed
Someone from the south or midwest would probably think New Yorkers are rude.
I think you're just autistic. Definitely that.
>>
File: 1451087053905.gif (1 MB, 330x187) Image search: [Google]
1451087053905.gif
1 MB, 330x187
>mfw able to speak, french, spanish, portuguese, italian and english, besides learning Russian.
>thinking about learning Swedish or Norwegian next
>mfw able to totally immerse myself in a variety of cultures
Monolingual people are an aberration tbqh fãm.
>>
>>52666732
And let's be real. To address something more specific: NeoCons don't want to give states rights. They only want it when they're bent over the sink. When gay people were getting federal support for marriage rights, they started saying it should be a state issue, but beforehand, they wanted a federal ban. They always want to federally enforce their outlook. They start wanting states to get rights for the states when they think it's easier. Libertarians actually genuinely want states to have more power.
>>
>>52666703
>40000% return in 5 years.
That's a pretty impressive investment.

>>52666732
My point was they are both doing it for the money, it's more like they are discussing investment opputunities and their profit from it.

Like you say, neither are altruistic, but some parties and ideologies are, and they are vastly different. Some parties would want to have a completely different structure, some advocate for mixed markets and other such things.
Not all parties want their country to be "strong" some parties also have a non-national focus.
There are very different political ideologies out there, though i guess when defining them i mostly look at the view of humans and fiscal policy, which are the 2 areas i feel like libertarians and neo cons are very similar.
>>
>>52666779
>Using special characters in my shitposts to prove my multilingual abilities
lol you autistic cunt, hope one of your several languages will help you escape Rio de Shitholio
>>
File: c'mon now.jpg (11 KB, 469x313) Image search: [Google]
c'mon now.jpg
11 KB, 469x313
>Denmark trying to bully America-kun
Wew lad
>>
>>52666643

Sure if you've learnt the language to fluency it is more ingrained in your long term memory, but you do not learn a language to fluency from a few years in school.

Before you say anything about learning English, it is not only from schooling because you are plastered with it in media on and offline, as well as it being a much more primary focus in learning due to necessity in most countries.
>>
>>52666834
>There are very different political ideologies out there, though i guess when defining them i mostly look at the view of humans and fiscal policy, which are the 2 areas i feel like libertarians and neo cons are very similar.
Okay, but you're wrong and we've gone over why. Having the same motivations at heart doesn't make them have the same policies. That's a bizarre point.
>>
>>52666643
>I didn't forget a thing, my grand mother spend 2 years in england in 1948, she is 89 and speak english fluently despite not having spoken it for some 67 years.
A total immersion in the language will do that, but most Americans aren't willing to move to Mexico to become better at the language.

>>52666643
>Maybe if completely avoid contact with the language you can actually forget it, but if you are telling me you cannot find a single word of spanish in USA today, i am gonna die laughing.
A single word of Spanish isn't going to make a difference and most people won't go out of their way to learn more than they were taught in school because English is all that they need.
>>
>>52666806
So neocons have their heads on straight and want to unify their country while libertarians want to stay cuckolds and keep things fragmented.

So basically a libertarian is just a failed (neo)conservative.

Okay.

>>52666834
It's not 40000% because you need to account for leverage. ROI really makes no sense past the point of singular events. Once multiplicity enters into the equation the concept of return becomes obsolete.

But hey, I wouldn't expect a dainty European socialist like yourself to understand something like that. And that's why you will never be good enough for capitalism.
>>
I really like Americans I meet in real life. They don't mind having a chat & aren't afraid to ask difficult questions.
>>
File: 1449712793807.jpg (129 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
1449712793807.jpg
129 KB, 600x772
I never think about any of you. None of you matter if you are not American. Stop posting, this is an American board.
>>
>>52666904
Honestly, most Aussies I've met irl have been pretty cool. Even if they weren't the kind of people I would befriend, they were pleasant enough to be around.
And they didn't seem as smug as those damn Canadians.
>>
>>52666866
I learned English to fluency with a few years in my school though.

There was no online when i was a kid.
Cartoons and such was dubbed so they were not english with subtitles either.

How was i plasted with english stuff?

>>52666882
Claiming to have different standpoints and policies while ultimately achieving the same is what i am seeing.

But hey, i guess we've never had a really big group of libertarians have their way in america, i am open minded i'd love to see what exactly they'd do noticeably different.

>>52666890
I never lived outside of denmark, i just visited the United States, and that was way after i became fluent.

>>52666901
>pulling it out of your ass.

>>52666944
Comming from an insignificant cold country, i relate to the canadians.
>>
>>52663301
Your language is close to english FAGGOT!
Try to learn Japanese or chinesse if you are so smart
>>
>>52665607
And Aussies are loud, stupid wankers. Been to Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Adelaide and even the hipsters in Melbourne couldn't drown out the bogan imbeciles.

Oi, oi, oi!
>>
>>52666914
God please let this meme never die. I've met actual black people who literally fulfil every iota of this meme stereotype.

>>52666976
As I said before that's a cop out and you know it lad. Alle i Danmark taler engelsk.
>>
File: 1430790601621.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1430790601621.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>know 2 very similar closely related european languages that borrow signifigant amounts of vocabulary from each other and contain many similar concepts
>you peasants just wouldn't understand my advanced perspective, I am truly a citizen of the earth, unshackled by your nationalistic cage
>>
>>52666944

Almost all Americans i've met seem to be better at dealing with confronting cultures then Europeans. Most Americans just dismiss things people do differently as part of their nationality or culture - and leave it there, whereas most Europeans tend to show a lot of disdain, but put on a facade of tolerance.

I kind of like the irreverence towards those kinds of things. I think it's something Australians and Americans have in common.
>>
>>52667001
Only 70% according to the government.
Also i never said it was unsual to speak 2 languages, or that i deserved praise for it.
It's just one of those nice strawmen people like to make.
>>
>>52666976
>Comming from an insignificant cold country
>living in Vermont
Try me, nigger.
>>
File: 488459959.jpg (11 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
488459959.jpg
11 KB, 214x317
>>52666976
In your school though?
What's a "school though"?
>>
>>52667026
Anyone else notice his tone warming up?

I think the Dane really likes us, and just wanted to chat with some friendly yanks. :3
>>
>>52667028
It's actually quite pleasent temperature wise here, i am not going to lie.
>>
>>52667026
No actually you're right. Your point was just about speaking two different languages. It actually doesn't matter if they're similar, I agree with you, it's the psychological experience of having two separate though concrete means of expression which disbars one of that ingrained 'hegemonic' attitude.

I'm not however saying that's a good thing.
>>
I think this might be a troll post.
>>
>>52667050
It's really a love-hate relationship, americans are great to hang out with, as long as you don't try to talk about anything serious.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.