[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think it'd be possible for a native anglo-saxon to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
Do you think it'd be possible for a native anglo-saxon to get a job teaching old cunts in Germany how to speak english?
>>
>>52625462
Depends. Do you know German?
>>
>>52625493
No. But I will learn it.
>>
>>52625497
Why not become an English teacher for Chinks? I've the market is booming right now.
Plus why would old people want to learn English? They're gonna die soon.
>>
>>52625522
I'd rather go to hell than be in bloody Asia town
>>
>>52625462
sure
you'll need a teaching degree, perhaps plus a celta or something similar, you need to specialize in english as a BA, and be legally employable in the eu

then you'll need a lot of experience before-hand, and you'll need connexions to get recommended or sufficient references.
>>
>>52625576
i don't have connections in EU but i can spell it properly, which I guess means something at least.
>>
>>52625557
Well, then become a Spanish teacher. Spaniards and Spics are dumbfucks who can't learn English for shit. Plus you get pussy and good pay because only upper-middle class fellas can afford a class.
>>
>>52625656
Fucking monkey
>>
>>52625497
no
>>52625462
no

you need a teaching degree to teach in the EU or do it under the table, which is illegal
also you'll need a visa to live here for longer than 90 days
>>52625576
basically this
>>
OP, I think you're vastly underestimating the difficulty of becoming a teacher in a foreign country where you don't know any of the language. You'll need quite a few certifications, connections, etc to even have the chance to apply for a job. And in general, the EU isn't really lacking in people bilingual in English/another language. Why would they pick a foreigner who knows absolutely no German over one of dozens of local candidates who grew up speaking German and have been perfecting their English since second grade?
>>
>>52625557
>>52625632
learn russian. dope ass language, dope ass country to visit, and there are a few countries (baltic states, central asia) that you can go to that arent russia to teach english to russian-speakers
>>
>>52625692
Hello Ramón. I want a double cheese with extra picles. Bring the sriracha mayo too.
>>
>>52625720
what type of weekly groceries and apartment would 10K/annum AUD get me in Russia?
>>
>>52625693
>>52625700
You guys are wrong desu. The TEFL program is huge, covers EU cunts, and doesn't require anything but an undergrad degree, possibly a TEFL cert, references, and proof that you're a somewhat competent human being. The company that hires you covers the visa and its costs, as well as teaching its teachers the native language. It's the easiest way to move abroad anywhere for a native English speaker with relatively few skills.

t. planning my gap year
>>
>>52626661
no school worth its salt will hire someone with a tefl degree to teach english unless it's a lower primary school or a private school. to work here as an english teacher you need an english degree or a teaching degree + some certs. the only foreign teachers we get here teach subjects other than english in international schools. literally nobody is gonna pay some new worlder to teach a bunch of people with no degree when we've got people much closer to us as well as fluent/bilingual locals.
>>
>>52625693
why are finns on this site so angry?
>>
>>52626769
You're missing the point, he's talking about a program designed to just get native speakers to help in teaching, not proper schools like you're thinking of. There are similarly popular programs to Japan.
>>52625462
Follow your dreams OP, I'm Australian too. Asia's not that bad, depending on where you are, and Europe can be, depending on where you are. Research.
>>
>>52625522
Wouldn't you have to know Chinese/Japanese/Korean to teach them English? Those languages are a lot harder to line for an English speaker than German.
>>
>>52626952
How easy is it to get a job as an English teacher in Nippon? What kind of qualifications do you need?
>>
File: Beheader 'refugee'.png (1 MB, 726x604) Image search: [Google]
Beheader 'refugee'.png
1 MB, 726x604
>>52625462
>>52625462
>Do you think it'd be possible for a native anglo-saxon to get a job teaching old cunts in Germany how to speak english?
No. You would end up teaching 'refugees' instead.
>>
>>52628347
I'm not a teacher, but I've known a lot of people who are. Piss easy if you want a temporary thing like those programs that put you up for a year and stuff, a bit harder to find more permanent work but if you're not an idiot there's plenty of it, particularly in the major cities. You don't need any qualifications for the year teaching programs but you're much more likely to get in if you have some sort of degree or Japanese skill.
>>
>>52628300
>Wouldn't you have to know Chinese/Japanese/Korean to teach them English?
Nope, East Asia is desperate for English teachers, it doesn't have enough of them so the barrier to entry is lower.

Germany has a longer history of teaching English and so has plenty of English teachers, so the pay is lower and the barriers are higher.
>>
>>52628491
Also the main thing here is people who have had a lot of English study, so they don't need you explaining things to them in Japanese, they need you so they can speak English. Particularly adults. And yeah, we desperately need more.
>>
>>52626769
I don't think you understand; TEFL isn't primary or secondary schooling, it's for advanced supplementary classes for businessmen, potential immigrants to anglo countries, people who just want to learn english, etc.They're not teaching within the school system; however, these sorts of language programs are extremely popular to the point where native English speakers are heavily sought out and trained.
>>
>>52625462
>Do you think it'd be possible for a native anglo-saxon to get a job teaching old cunts in Germany how to speak english?
Yes, if you have a degree and speak German well enough. However, you'd be competing with plenty of Germans in that field. I think it would be easier in Asia, since there they seem to be under the impression that being a native speaker made you better at teaching English. In Germany that isn't so much the case.
>>
File: aus emu war plan.jpg (133 KB, 800x476) Image search: [Google]
aus emu war plan.jpg
133 KB, 800x476
>>52628393
That is one scary looking dude.
>>
File: Australian Emu Wars.png (32 KB, 953x574) Image search: [Google]
Australian Emu Wars.png
32 KB, 953x574
>>52628997
Wrong pic
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.