[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will we ever see the Aral Sea return to its former glory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Former world's largest lake.jpg (901 KB, 1121x1021) Image search: [Google]
Former world's largest lake.jpg
901 KB, 1121x1021
Will we ever see the Aral Sea return to its former glory?
>>
No, it's gone
>>
>>52578579
No
>>
No, they use the water for cotton crops and other stuff in Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan.
>>
Let it go m8
>>
>>52578579
how would you fix it?
>>
>>52581008
Fill it with blood of the heathens.
>>
>>52578579
Is there even a theory to fix it?
>>
>>52581053
Fill it with the blood of turkroaches.
>>
I guess my idea to purchase stock in desalination companies wasn't stupid afterall...
>>
>>52581053
Dams to fill it up.
>>
>>52581106
Instead of fish the sea will soon be populated with Greeks and Armenians who'd love to swim in their blood.

>>52581289
Where do you want to take the water from?
>>
>>52581289
Good way to fuck up remaining ecosystems. Also it'd dry up faster than any river could fill it.
>>
>>52581510
>Where do you want to take the water from?
didnt it only dry out because of water being diverted to agricultural fields. then the solution would be pretty easy: leave the water in the rivers.
>>
assholes uzbeks use too much water from Aral
>>
the source for the southern river is actually underground

there is no humanly possible way to fix it except wait it out but because of the lowering of the ground water from civilian usage still there isn't enough to fill the ground water and refill the lake bed

unless the whole country import all of their water from somewhere else the aral sea is done
>>
>>52583703
They tried to make something years ago, it didn't help.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.