[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/landmass/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: countries_by_area.png (32 KB, 522x478) Image search: [Google]
countries_by_area.png
32 KB, 522x478
Only post ITT if your country is top 10 in terms of area.
>>
Argentina is a big country.
>>
I'll post here anyways pham
>>
Your mum's ass is #11 desu
>>
>>52527640
Fuck the USA is actually big
Thought they were like 5 or 6 but damn
>>
Half of those countries are rightful British clay anyway so hello
>>
>>52527723
Where are you? I can't even see you on a map familia
>>
>>52527855

Most of /int/ is sharper than the general population where geography is concerned, but it's true: Euros often don't appreciate how huge the country really is unless they visit and move around in it.
>>
>>52527640
How much more common is French than Arabic in Algeria? Could one travel to Algeria knowing only French?
>>
>>52528004
Same with any of the top 6 to be honest. Europe as a whole is only a little bit bigger than the USA.
>>
>>52528062
It's complicated, people here speak darja (local language with arabic and french and berber words, basically a clusterfuck). French and Arabic are the languages of administration, yes you can get around with knowing only french
>>
>>52528164
If you only count the European Union area it's even smaller.
>>
Etats Unis reporting.
>>
> yuropoors dont know this feel

lmao
>>
>>52528234
Could a French speaking person hear Darja and kind of understand it or is it just totally fucked?
>>
>>52528390
It's actually nice for them. Visiting another country is like going to another city/state.
>>
>>52528390
>Argentiny
>>
>>52528436
With no exposure I don't think they can, they can pick on single words maybe.

But Algerians can also mix it with French so it becomes intelligible in parts. Darja is highly flexible, it can have a 70/30 French to Maghrebi Arabic (different from MSA) ratio, or the other way around, and in both cases it would just be called Darja, I find it hard to even discribe it.
>>
>>52528751
MSA = Modern Standard Arabic btw, it's the literary arabic that nobody speaks, the equivalent of Latin.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.