[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
U.S. School Shootings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
Just curious how people in other countries view school shootings in the U.S. What do you think are the reasons people do it? American insight is welcome as well.
>>
>>52520262
These guys have mental illness
If guns were not banned here, we would have same shit
>>
crazy people combined with the fact guns are easy to get a hold of
>>
>>52520262
Probably because those kids have problems in home and also the facility to have guns.
>>
I am pro-gun myself but I do think that our gun culture and easy access to guns does contribute this.

First world countries are home to a lot of betafags who get depressed because their life is too easy and their father wasn't present enough in their life

If school shooters were taught how to be men and handle their problems they would not resort to violence.
>>
>>52521016
These two guys ( mostly Eric Harris ) were psychopathic, also they had a group of friends and even gf ( for eric harris ), i don't think their madness was related to bullying

some young people are depressed because some arrogants douchebags always ruins their life in school fort dumbest reasons
>>
>>52520262
I wonder if there will ever be a game in which we shoot schools.
>>
For the kids, it's because they're shitty hormone-addled teenagers. There's nothing you can do to stop them from getting dumb ideas, and one in every million will have the tools necessary to go out with a bang.
>>
>>52521158

Eric Harris did not have a girlfriend and neither did Dylan Klebold. All Klebold had was a prom date. And yes they were psychos who were on medication that probably worsened their condition. They are not the typical example though.

The guy from r9k that did oregon a few months ago is a prime example of what I was talking about. The beta couldn't even finish off a guy who was running STRAIGHT INTO FIRE
>>
>>52520262
thats all about guns. thats it. if guns were legal here in exactly the same way as the us, the same kind of shit would happen.
>>
I'm all in for more Amerifats killed. I don't care where the bullets come from.

Kidding.

>What do you think are the reasons people do it?

Honestly I think one person did it one, got a lot of news coverage and then it became a trend. If you are about to off yourself because you hate the world, it might be easy to jump into the "I might as well take a few with me" mentality.

The reason why they do it thought is because they've seen it in TV. Why do they choose schools though? Because they're an easy target.

PD: What's with this gay fucking captcha?
>>
>>52521508
Isn't your suicide rate really really high though?
>>
>>52521543
>What's with this gay fucking captcha?
MERRY CHRISTMAS
>>
>>52521332
> betas

please stop with your pseudo-darwinist bullshit logic of basement dweller, also it's true, even with a father present in your life or a hard life, being rejected in a common place by wannabe lumpens mentally-consumers or lumpens people is pretty shit, but that make no sense of saying that on this website because some weakness ( even for young people ) here is the greatest shame ever...

but this kind of shit isn't enough for comiting a massive shooting, these people are already illness
>>
>>52520262
>reasons
They vary wildly. Insecurity, sex, cheating, mental deficiency, racism and the idea that they're being targeted.
Nation-wide we can't really label our "culture" for these shootings, as almost every pseuo-intellectual wants to. That's beyond general given that these shootings are committed by edgelords, the retarded, Native Americans, mixed race and even immigrants.
I'd say they are all rooted in multiple factors unique to this country, such as:
>lack of a pervasive mental health system
>very individualist culture
>american masculinity is typically rooted in guns and strength, and such masculinity must be defended with such devices if insulted or questioned
>media tends to almost praise shooters or paint them in a positive light("Here's a 60 minute special on the shooter's life! See his uncontrollable descent into madness!")
>parenting and sexual relations has evolved wildly in the last 40 years
We can't really blame guns when that's just a means of doing what they do. We'd still have serial killers in our school system who, if not then, would kill later on. Think of the trade off of serial killers who would abduct and mutilate victims decrease while the mass shootings increase.
No matter what you believe, these shootings happen on the base of the individual, not of a community.

>>52521158
Neither ever had a gf.

>>52521227
they have RPGs for virginia tech and columbine already
and there's some minecraft mods iirc
>>
>>52520262
Lots of guns
Publicity mass shootings receive in the media
>>
People here unironically think:
>be American
>get shot
>>
>>52521760
I blame the lack of mobility. Nobody did something like this who wasn't an outcast and a failure.
>>
File: download (2).png (142 KB, 431x333) Image search: [Google]
download (2).png
142 KB, 431x333
Also to follow up, have this.
>>
>>52520262
DESIGNATED
>>
>>52521663
worst 17th in the world.
no good, but no really really high.
>>
has anyone ever found those basement tapes?
>>
>>52520808
Explain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWBKp1YxRVI
>>
>>52521730

There's nothing darwinist about it. I was just using language that I thought we'd all understand.

They're poor excuses for human beings.
>>
>>52521663
in short, guns make people savage and more racist and delusional. if guns got banned completely in the us, all of that kind of problems would automatically decrease.
i do believe that the reason why racism in the us is so violent and problematic compared to the rest of world is that just because of guns. again fucking guns make people much more fucking violent and racist.
>>
>>52522272
Look at the trend among shooters m8
They get their guns from family. They're antisocial beings and will go through antisocial measures to acquire guns. The issue isn't the general ability to acquire guns, it's the subsequent flow of guns after they've been bought.

>>52522385
>japanese intellectuals
>>
>>52520262
Fuck you for making this thread OP
>>
>>52522330
It's a popular pre-emptive method against school bullying in Russia.
>>
>>52522277
fuck off netouyo. no one asks you for anything.
>>
>>52520808
>>52520895
We sorta view it like this.
>>
File: 1450776674884.jpg (154 KB, 605x585) Image search: [Google]
1450776674884.jpg
154 KB, 605x585
>>52520262
>What do you think are the reasons people do it?
>>
>>52522320
They were destroyed but a transcript of what was said in them was released.

>>52522567
There's one gun store in Mexico yet you have a higher murder rate then us.
>>
>>52522330
It's Chechen weddings, tradition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPbPvJm88Jw

In Russia we don't do this)
>>
Crazy people + easy access to guns

If I wanted to get a gun it'd take me ~3 months to get into a safety course then a 28 day wait period with a background check

I also think its a shame the way your politicians and news outlets twist the stories which doesn't help the situation.
>>
>>52522359
Yes yes is the language of 4chan i know that

but in fact it's pretty stupid, i don't think humans can have the same social structure than wild animals like apes or wolves, because for a group of popular kids ( in this case they are the wolves ) a rejected kid isn't considered like a member of their tribe but more like an animal of another specie ( so this is a deer ) so the alpha-beta-omega system doesn't compute in this case...

also in monkeys lifes, they have generally one alpha male who fucks all females and just young males who aren't his sons and supposed to defeat the alpha one day.

i don't think humans have this kind of society even if Chimps are huge assholes between them....
>>
>>52522873
Define gun

I thought hunting rifles were lax in Canada
>>
>>52523010
That monkey scenario happened in really old empires but always failed
>>
>>52520262
Being able to get guns like anywhere and family's all having guns mixed with bullying.
>>
File: 1335233792298.jpg (33 KB, 337x275) Image search: [Google]
1335233792298.jpg
33 KB, 337x275
>>52523134
>what is Switzerland, Finland, Norway, etc.
>>
>>52523180
>america_and_europe.jpg
>>
>>52523180
yes but the difference is we don't leave guns lying around the house like some americans do
>>
>>52523247
Hva er Krag Jorgensen? Huske Oslo?
>>
>>52523094
Yes or in very early prehistoric times ( probably australopithecus or Homo Habilis ) because if would humans continued with that kind of system they probably never go out of the primitive animal reign... ( prehistoric man survival is based on solidarity with members of the tribe )
>>
>>52523055
The procedure I described would be for a non-restricted weapon which is defined by the length of the barrel and no hanguns. Rifles and shotguns used for hunting would be classified under this. I should add the 3 month wait time is just due to the classes being booked up so quick.
>>
>>52522385
Fallacy, the post
>>
>>52523379
Oh okay so it's not really that bad, just long wait times.

I don't really care about banning "assault rifles" as the obvious modern stereotype. I own a Swedish Mauser but have never really cared for handguns and will never buy an "assault rifle" like an AR-15, etc.
>>
Relevant.

Our schools are a gigantic cross between daycare and prison, IMO any student that doesn't actually want to shoot the place up is a placid cow of a human being. These shootings are a riposte to the dehumanization our society imposes on us. And desu we deserve to be shot up because we created this society.
>>
>>52523010
>a rejected kid isn't considered like a member of their tribe
Bingo.
>>
File: fedora story babe.jpg (114 KB, 558x743) Image search: [Google]
fedora story babe.jpg
114 KB, 558x743
>>52523549
>any student that doesn't actually want to shoot the place up is a placid cow of a human being
>I don't agree with the structure, and the only appropriate way to overcome that is through violently attacking its other subjects

so not only fedora-tipping, but fully delusional and sociopathic
>>
>>52523656
so huge jealousy ? well this is a pretty psychopathic feeling, because psychos are arrogant as fuck
>>
>>52523435
you're telling me there are american gun owners that are not the least bit racist and would actually hesitate instead of mindlessly shooting someone for something ultimately minor like spending a minute or two on their property?

because that's not the reality, my fat and savage anglo friend
>>
>>52523817
People who have done that have been arrested even when the people were stealing from them

Remember that Turk from Germany who got shot by a firemen for stealing shit from his garage?
>>
>>52520262
most people i know in argentina think that it's a gun problem and that gun laws should be stricter
>>
>>52523509
"assault rifles" usually fall under restricted weapons which is just another course for legal purchase. The actual rules while owning a restricted gun are such a pain in the ass that I'd probably never own one which probably helps keep down the number of kids going on shooting sprees but does nothing for native gangs.
>>
>>52520262
I don't think it's purely just having access guns that make American have mass murder boners, but then again I'd expect more stabbing rampages in the UK if I didn't think the problem was localized.

America once was the best country, hands down. This peaked in 1945, after you kicked the ass of the greatest army Europe had been able to put together. Since then, you've successfully alienated everyone against you by going to wars you didn't really have any business in being in. In doing so you've also alienated you from yourselves.

What I mean by that last statement is it seems like you have this superiority complex drilled into you, patriotism fueled by religion enforced by a national duty to resist change. Having to pledge allegiance is something that's always worried me. And it's this that I think turns your mentally ill into mass murderers, a national inferiority complex. Having access to guns just makes it easier for your countries maniacs.

I fear this post may have been too serious for this board.
>wew lads
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.