[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone confirm this for me? Were Germans litterally too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 640x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 640x284
Can anyone confirm this for me?

Were Germans litterally too scared that they'd be regarded racist if Finn from the TFA was a janitor, so they made him a doctor instead.
Man that's just sad Germany. Can you please come back to your former glory? We miss you ;-;
>>
Whats a TFA
>>
>>52457469

Star Wars: The Force Awakens
>>
what the fuck is a "german version"? you guys don't actually watch dubbed movies after you've learned to read........ right??
>>
>>52455600
I thought you meant Finn as in Finnish person not some nigger :( Finland not mentioned
>>
>>52457580
Lol don't underestimate Europe
My parents are both more than 50 y.o and watch dubbed movies/tv shows only
>>
>>52455600
he's still a janitor in the german version

don't believe every made up bullshit
>>
>>52457764
what a joke, why would you ruin source material like that? illiterate frogs
>>
>>52457732
Haven't you watched the movie though? There's one section where they allude to Finland:
Initially the Black Stormtrooper is called FN-218 and he has to find a new name, so he asks Poe: "Hol up I need to find a name that well embodies the nigger I am"
So that Poe guy: "Why don't you name yourself after those Finns, they're like the niggers of Europe aren't they?"

Well if I remember correctly at least.
>>
>>52457885
Fug kept my Risk tripcode
>>
>>52457824
Good to hear then.
>>
File: 343052.jpg (12 KB, 460x296) Image search: [Google]
343052.jpg
12 KB, 460x296
>>52457835
It's already ruined if it's in English
>>
>>52457961
now that I think about it that guy probably misheard Sanitärdienst literally "sanitary duty" with Sanitätsdienst "medical/ambulance service", so even if he'd probably still be more like a medic or something
>>
>>52457580
I've had frencies argue it's the superior option because their translators are so freaking excellent.
>>
>>52455600
> falling for le German self-hater bait
>>
>>52457885
Oh France, you so funny when talk about niggers

Maybe because you are the nigger. Let's not forget how many countries speak French in Africa, and how many countries speak French in Europe
>>
>>52457580
Dubbing industry? Big as fuck, full of profesionals
Subbing industry? Inexistent, only nerds on forums

Which would you rather have, an infuriating translation done with google translate or a goode enough translation done by professionals?
>>
>>52458607
For english you can surely watch it without subs? I'd rather have professional translators writing the subtitles than dubbing tbqh.
>>
>>52458696
I can. Kinda. My english isn't as good as I'd like it to be.
But the rest of Spain is all "cafe con leche in plaza mayor", and dubbing moves way more money around, so the industry just concentrates on that. No profesional subbing, and hardly a niche for it to grow.
>>
>>52458696
Basically the same as this >>52458882 in France
There's this meme we French refuse to speak English, but most of us are just bad at it
>>
>>52457764
>don't underestimate Europe
please
only speak on behalf of France
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.