[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>just got a Christmas card from family in Poland >the entire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1444704327778.jpg (100 KB, 800x606) Image search: [Google]
1444704327778.jpg
100 KB, 800x606
>just got a Christmas card from family in Poland
>the entire thing is in polish
>I don't know polish
How do I respond to them? I don't want to be rude
>>
http://translate.google.com
>>
>language is fucked, cunts
>>
>>52442694
It's all handwritten and half the words don't translate properly
>>
>>52442659
>How do I respond to them
>responding to poles

nah m8
>>
>>52442659
Take a pic of the thing, I'll translate it for you.
>>
File: lech_walesa_imieniny450.jpg (64 KB, 550x451) Image search: [Google]
lech_walesa_imieniny450.jpg
64 KB, 550x451
"wypierdalaj sie kurwa" should be your response
>>
File: 1450323778429.png (52 KB, 768x728) Image search: [Google]
1450323778429.png
52 KB, 768x728
>>52442659
>>
>>52442779
I appreciate it but I'm concerned that it could contain personal information. What are some general phrases that I can show my appreciation for the letter and wish them a Merry Christmas?
>>
>>52442659
>Respond
lol, WHo cares

fuck pooland

STRAYAA!!! M8
>>
>>52442837
Dzieukuje za wszystko. Kocham was.

Though you would need to use the Polish letters, which I don't have.
>>
Do you not know anyone who can translate it for you?
>>
>>52442837
"Pies was jebał, Wesołych Świąt!"

Write a short reply then and I'll translate it, you can run it through google translate afterwards if you're worried I'll fill it with insults.
>>
>>52442659
99% they have been asking you money, send some.
>>
>>52442947
Thanks I'll draft it now, by the way is it common for poles to send holy bread in Christmas cards?
>>52442939
Nah, the last person in my family who speaks polish died a few years ago
>>
>>52442947
Dear _______
Thank you for your card! I hope everything is well with you. Congratulations to _______ and ________ on their marriage, I’m sorry I missed it. I look forward to hearing from you again.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Love OP
>>
>>52443004
I've never received any, but it's probably their way of sharing it with you. Traditionally on Christmas Eve here everyone shares theirs with others while wishing them the best.
>>
>>52443111
Drogi _______
Dziękuję Ci za życzenia! Mam nadzieję, że dobrze Wam się wiedzie. Gratulacje dla nowożeńców _______ i _______, żałuję że nie mogłem być na ślubie.
Wesołych Świąt i szczęśliwego Nowego Roku!
Załączam mocne uściski, OP

I left out "I look forward to hearing from you again" since I'm honestly not sure how to translate it without making it sound weird. Our generic equivalent is only really used when you're actually expecting a reply and everything else I could come up with kinda sounds shit on a christmas card.
>>
>>52443455
Thanks man! Sorry about the banter and memes from the last few months! I hope our cunts can be friends again :3
>>
>>52443455
Oh yeah, if you're responding to a female use Droga instead of Drogi. If to multiple people, Drodzy X i Y.
Also replace the Wam with Ci if it's just a single person.

If you give me the name(s), I can inflect them properly.
>>
>>52443573
Ah that's alright I probably should've told you that earlier. It was to a female, I'll just change it to Droga
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.