[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So which country is the most free and democratic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1
File: 2015_Freedom_House_world_map.png (232 KB, 4972x2517) Image search: [Google]
2015_Freedom_House_world_map.png
232 KB, 4972x2517
So which country is the most free and democratic?
>>
antarctica
>>
Sverige
>>
>>52405257
none on the map
>>
>tfw better than russia
>>
Norway.
>>
That's a contradiction in term. You can be open or you can have government.
>>
>South Korea
>Democratic

O I am laffin
>>
japan probably
>>
>>52405257
>most free
Mostly not first world countries I guess.
>democratic
Literally none.
>>
>>52405257
>Freedom
>Government

Choose one.
>>
>>52405382
wut
>>
Democracy doesn't really exist.
>>
Any country that doesn't legalize prostitution and drugs are POO tier

:^)
>>
democratic, unstable administration, foreign capital party
>>
Switzerland
>>
>>52405257
>>52405257
>So which COUNTRY is the most free and democratic?
Who cares? If you let the plebs decide, they'll vote away their freedom, because they lack the reasoning skills to make informed political decisions. Freedom>democracy (which, by the way, doesn't really exist anywhere).

Answering your question: America, thanks to it's strong constitution.

>>52405873
>gook not realizing he lives in a fascist state
>need ID to access korean internet pages
>criticism of government heavily monitored, jail time for dissidents not unusual
>civilians can't even own firearms

oh am laffin
>>
>>52405349
must be an old map
>>
>>52405257
Russia.
Look how democratically they captured Crimea
>>
switzerland
>>
>>52405376
'Open' meaning creating a power vacuum soon filled by a de facto government.

So you can have government or you can have government.
>>
Switzerland
>>
>>52406643
I bet it is Switzerland, Norway and Denmark
>>
>>52406697
>all these switzerland and nordcuck answers
Get back to me when these countries have equivalents to the American Bill of Rights. Until then, they are no match at all for America in terms of freedom.

Oh, and don't forget the insane taxes.
>>
>>52406697
I'd go with Denmark then since you lads are dependant on oil for your success and Switzerland is dependant on the blood money from the rest of the world.
>>
>>52406825
>I'd go with Denmark then
A nordic welfare state. Literally the antithesis of "freedom" in any shape or form.

Do you /int/ faggots think at all before you post?
>>
>>52406585
>need ID to access korean internet pages
No signs up to websites with their ID number nowadays. You simply don't have to. How is this related to democratic anyway.
>criticism of government heavily monitored, jail time for dissidents not unusual
lying.
Whoever the target is, Spreading false information about individual is heavily prohibited. Any Korean citizen is protected by this law, as well as the president. Making criticize about the Government is ok. You can see shit loads of comments criticizing the government in any internet news sources.
>civilians can't even own firearms
Seriously. You added this because you can't think of any more reason.
>>
Namibia, India, Indonesia, South Africa, New Zealand.
>>
>>52406886
>>52406818

>being so butthurt
>>
>>52405257
> Russia and Turkey
> Not the same color
>>
>>52406818
t. exbert of freedoms
>>
>>52406585
> Answering your question: America, thanks to it's strong constitution.
But the voting system in U.S creates very undemocratic situations.
>>
>>52405257
Romania
>>
>>52405257
I think it was new zealand
>>
"""""Democratic""""" police state, or authoritarian dictatorship, have your pick.
>>
Somalia
>no need to pay taxes
>no need to work
>you want to shoot? Just shoot your AK-47
>no wage slavery there. You want to eat? Grab your rifle and shoot to a banana tree. You want to drink? Grab your rifle and shoot to an aqueduct pipe. You need some time off? Point your rifle to the sky and pull the trigger! Fun for the whole family!
>landlubbers' life is too boring? Hop onto a boat and go plunge the seas!
>feel like having sex? The next raiding party is ready to go, show the rival clan what masculinity means by raping 10 years old girls!
>the only rule you need to follow is to never be on the wrong side of a rifle

Somalia, land of the Free
>>
>>52405257
moldova
>>
>>52411108
Technically right

I guess what OP wants to really know is which country is the most free while still maintaining a semblance of order
>>
>>52411304
>maintaining a semblance of order

HE WHO TRADES FREEDOM FOR SECURITY
>>
>>52411108
It's not so horrible as you described but it's true land of the absolute freedom, anarchy
>>
>>52405257
sweden, yes
>>
>>52411304
Then, none.
According to law's philosophy, there can't be freedom without restriction of positive rights.

Thus, as much as a group of kids attempting to play a game of soccer will establish rules for the game (what you can do, positive rights) will also set up rules for the fair play (what you cannot do, negative rights). According to law's philosophy, the greater is the personal freedom, the lesser the society ordinated.
>>
>>52411345
*temporary security
>>
>>52406886
What is your idea of freedom exactly beyond guns?
>>
>>52405257
"freedom" and "democracy" are just evil masonic plots solely invented to destroy the French nation
soon the King will come back and set things right, thank God
>>
>>52411988
>King

You mean Napoleon's heir, of course
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.