[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Indians and Brits of 4Chan, whats your opinion of Anglo Indian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (17 KB, 304x405) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
17 KB, 304x405
I live next to large Anglo Indian community in Melbourne and from what I can gather

- They look down on Indians, even those upper caste Indians.
- They act like Jews and only marry within the AngloIndian or English community
- Pretty much embrace all,aspects of English culture, Some even call England the motherland and regularly go to Enlgish cultural events

- Reject their indian roots

- Are offended if they are called Indian

> During the centuries that Britain was in India, the children born to British men and Indian women began to form a new community. (This process was replicated in many other meetings of European traders and colonisers across the subcontinent, including in Burma and Sri Lanka.) >These Anglo-Indians formed a small but significant portion of the population during the British Raj, and were well represented in certain administrative roles. The Anglo-Indian population dwindled from roughly 800,000 at the time of independence in 1947 to fewer than 350,000 by 2010. Many have adapted to local communities and emigrated to the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and the United States.[1][8]
>>
never seen them
>>
>>52355374
Correction: British.
>>
>>52355374
They are like unicorns, never met one
>>
File: Sir_Ben_Kingsley_2012.jpg (441 KB, 1215x1822) Image search: [Google]
Sir_Ben_Kingsley_2012.jpg
441 KB, 1215x1822
>>52355423
Sir Ben Kingsley is an Ango Indian
>>
>>52355453
Most have migrated out of India. There's now atleast a million Angloindians in Britain.
>>
File: images.jpg (19 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
19 KB, 313x470
>>52355423
Also Salmon Rushdie is AngloIndian
>>
Wannabe brits
>>
>>52357364
unironically this.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.