[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain the Breton flag?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
Can someone explain the Breton flag?
>>
>>52353868
The hermines on the top left corner is our symbol
The 9 stripes represent the countries of Brittany : the 4 white ones represent the breton speaking ones, the 5 black ones represent the gallo speaking ones

If it was your question, of course it was inspired by the US flag
>>
File: 600px-Banniel_Breizh_1.0.svg.png (2 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
600px-Banniel_Breizh_1.0.svg.png
2 KB, 600x400
>>52353966
Why does it exist when you already had a flag?
>>
>>52354057
Yeah the Kroaz Du is the original flag, the other has been created in the 20th century, I think it's been made by some independentists who were inspired by america and freedom.
>>
File: 1450292880630.jpg (128 KB, 414x479) Image search: [Google]
1450292880630.jpg
128 KB, 414x479
brittany independence when?
>>
http://www.lexilogos.com/bretagne_drapeau.htm
>>
I believe the top left corner comes from the fur royal families used to use, ermine or something
>>
File: cavalier.jpg (47 KB, 500x292) Image search: [Google]
cavalier.jpg
47 KB, 500x292
WE
>>
WUZ
>>
File: uther pendragon_jpg.jpg (83 KB, 479x653) Image search: [Google]
uther pendragon_jpg.jpg
83 KB, 479x653
KINGS
>>
>>52353868
i remember reading somewhere that it was to replicate the US and Greek flag, because of their democratic values.

i have no idea though
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.