[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/int/. why is this imageboard dedicated to Japanese culture when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: confy.jpg (98 KB, 570x362) Image search: [Google]
confy.jpg
98 KB, 570x362
/int/. why is this imageboard dedicated to Japanese culture when Japanese traditional culture, alphabet, religion, manners, etc. is just a shameless rip-off of Chinese culture?

Shouldn't we be watching Chinese cartoons and learning Mandarin instead of settling for the reproduction?
>>
we are.
anime is chinese cartoon, and japanese is chinese dialect
>>
>>52277156
t.Xu Fu
>>
>>52277156
i'd say we taught them well
>>
>>52277223
and Indonesia is a part of China
>>
File: myproperty.jpg (9 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
myproperty.jpg
9 KB, 218x231
>>52277305
why so triggered my muzzie-chink fella?
>>
>shitposting this hard on a taiwanese claymation forum
>>
>Qin
A powerful red-haired Caucasoid from the Western frontier uses Western inventions such as the chariot to invade the East and conquers all the yellow-skinned submissive Mongoloids and rules over them. He institutes strict laws and standards throughout his empire to dominate and control his subjects and this leads to the Chinese cultural identity.

>Han
Chinese Mongoloid peasants rebel and oust their Caucasoid masters and make a peasant their supreme emperor. Thanks to all the technology and culture brought to them by their Western conquerors, the Chinese experience a golden age.

>3 Kingdoms
Constant warfare between a bunch of peasants who want to be emperor. Someone writes a bullshit novel about them 1000 years later making them into superheroes.

>Sui then Tang
A northern Turkic people called the Xianbei conquer all of China. Tang is another golden age where Western culture is prevalent. For instance, the beauty standard is imported from Caucasoid Turkic northerners and fat lewd chicks are seen as the ultimate sex symbol.

>Liao then Jin
Northern steppe warriors invade and conquer half of China and enslave the Chinese population.

>Song
The remaining southern half of China.

>Yuan
Founded by Genghis Khan (who had red hair according to historical documents) and his Mongolian descendants. They first conquer Jin, which is already foreign-occupied, and then they conquer Song and rape all the Chinese women. Chinese are relegated to the lowest social class in the multi-ethnic Yuan empire.

>Ming
Chinese peasants rebel and oust the Mongols. They once again make a peasant their supreme emperor.

>Qing
Northern steppe warriors called the Manchu invade and conquer all of China and subjugate the entire population. They force all Chinese men to shave half their head and massacre 30 million Chinese.

>Modern
Japan defeats Qing in a war and liberates the Chinese from 300 years of Manchu domination. Later, Japan weakens the KMT, and Communist peasants take over China.
>>
>>52277523
good pasta
keep em posted
>>
>>52277523
t. /pol/
>>
>>52277523
Nice repost of 2chan pasta originally written in CHINESE CHARACTERS by MONGOLOID JAPS with Chinese racial traits that they got from offering their women to Tang dynasty diplomatic missions. Everyone knows that Japanese and Koreans are originally of Altaic stock but cucked by Chinks.
>>
File: bmp.jpg (35 KB, 300x457) Image search: [Google]
bmp.jpg
35 KB, 300x457
>>52277523
WE WUZ CHINEZE KINGZ AND SHIT
HOL UP HOL UP
YOU LOOK DA RED HAIRED MUMMIEZ? ITS A WHITE EUROPEEAN MAN, MAN
>>
Nobody in China thinks it's a ripoff, Chinese people would be confused if you said this. This is just Westerners applying Marxist theories of "cultural appropriation" onto Asia.

Source: I taught English in Beijing for a year.

>>52277523
The Tang Dynasty is considered the Golden Age familia
>>
File: japthieves.jpg (480 KB, 600x4300) Image search: [Google]
japthieves.jpg
480 KB, 600x4300
>japan
>culture
>4chins

I wouldn't call their shitty cartoons culture.
>>
>>52277958
Japan is to China what Iran is to Saudi Arabia: a cultural satellite. Wouldn't you agree? Too bad that Chinks have lost all cultural self-confidence and can't even recognize the nations they'd civilized tho.
>>
>>52277792
>Chink diaspora in Slovenia

My mind is literally blown.
>>
>>52278120
Wait, you literally think that there are 0 Chinese people in Slovenia? Where do you think we go to eat Chinese, to Italy, where we can admire Marco Polo's school of fusion cooking? Pinche gwailo.
>>
Tbh remove the gommies and relations will likely improve
>>
>>52278097
Sure, Chinese people would acknowledge their influence on both Korea and Japan. But they wouldn't be indignant about it.

The only nationalist stuff I heard was that Marco Polo stole noodles from the Chinese and called it pasta. They have a love/hate relationship with whitey, it seems.
>>
>>52278243
You Chinese are literally everywhere. Maybe smaller dicks are more efficient and virile after all.
>>
>>52278433
Nigga, I'm just a Slav, but still it blows my mind that you would think that Slovenia is 100% homogenous/only has minorities from the nearby region.

>>52278373
So, being the closest thing to an expert, why do you think that Chinese culture is so much less appealing on a global scale? Is it the damage caused by the cultural revolution, or have Japs long since had that unique Anime DNA in their culture that the Chinese lacked?
>>
File: Hilary-Clinton-Raised-Eyebrows.jpg (17 KB, 288x293) Image search: [Google]
Hilary-Clinton-Raised-Eyebrows.jpg
17 KB, 288x293
>>52278782
>Nigga, I'm just a Slav
Sure you are, Chow. Sure you are. :)
>>
>>52278782
China has little soft power and most of its media is made for domestic consumption. Japan's soft power nowadays is also weakened by South Korea's enormous entertainment industry, much to the chagrin of nationalist Japanese right-wingers. While on 4chan we might have an appreciation for anime or manga, I've always gotten weird remarks or looks IRL when I mention that I enjoy anime.

You have to remember that 4chan isn't representative of the average Western opinion. Although I did meet lots of French people that were really into both Chinese and Japanese traditional culture. Something about the Orient really fascinates the French, maybe due to colonizing Indochina.
>>
>>52277156
I learned mandarin and all I do is watch Chinese cartoons.
>>
>>52277156
Chinese are way too poor to produce cartoons. Also no free speech.
>>
>>52277156
Japanese "culture"
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 320x212) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 320x212
>>52278782
We have loved cartoons.
pic. related
"Birds and Beasts cartoons" (12c-13c)
>>
>>52279110
I have noticed this tendency in French artists (like that guy who made the last KStew movie), but I believe that while in France it is considered urbane and exotic to enjoy Japanese culture, the figure of the weeaboo anime devotee was only fully copied over in America. I think no nation in the world remotely matches America in the consumption of Japanese culture. Is it really just a colonial thing independent of cultural idiosyncrasies, you think?
>>
>>52279479
China is pretty rich though.
>>
>>52279682
Damn, Overgrowth has been in development for centuries now, huh.

With all due respect to your culture, I just couldn't resist posting this.
>>
>>52277156
That is not how it works senpai.
>>
>>52279673
You can always spot the Taoists in a crowd.
>>
>>52279776
The state, not the people. Most China is like a third world country.
>>
File: actual chinese cartoon.jpg (107 KB, 380x273) Image search: [Google]
actual chinese cartoon.jpg
107 KB, 380x273
>>52279949
China has cartoons.
>>
File: omndragon.jpg (166 KB, 1039x1073) Image search: [Google]
omndragon.jpg
166 KB, 1039x1073
I want a Taoist Spanish gf.

I met one at a trade show once. She was Taiwanese-Spanish. I didn't even know they existed.

She was also older than me by like 8 years but still couldn't help wondering what life together would have been like.

What if she was one of those Falun Gong people?

She did ask me out for coffee....

Should have tried harder to get her, I suppose.
>>
>>52280010
Not as much or as good as Japan. Also they don't usually came out from China.
>>
>>52280164
>ask you out for coffee
you guys let off so many chances desu
>>
>>52280164
Asian + Spanish is a goat mix.
>>
>>52280164
>What if she was one of those Falun Gong people?
>She did ask me out for coffee....

Yep. That's a common tactic that those cultists use. I used to be a member. AMA
>>
>>52280252
It sure is.

This type of girl is my type of Spanish girl.

http://www.xvideos.com/video14698199/2072610#_tabComments
>>
>>52280475
Looks like a Moorish rape baby desu
>>
I should learn Latin.
>>
>>52280571
Why? It is a dead language.
>>
>>52280290
It is claimed in wiki that Falun Gong is just another school of Taoist practice. What makes it a cult?
>>
>>52280475
That's a colombian girl. Sweet sweet colombian girl.
>>
>>52280716
>wiki

kek.
>>
>>52280657
The languages of you guys were clearly derived from Latin ; religion, culture, language, and alphabet. Every aspect regarding Western Europe has been influenced by Latin.
>>
>>52280894
Yes but isn't better to learn modern languages? They has way more use.
>>
>>52280894

Learn Italian. It is essentially Latin and it's still alive.
>>
>>52281237
Well, we're all autists here. Practicality takes a back seat to hobbies and interests.
>>
>>52281237
Yes, you're right, but learning something old brings me interesting moments.
>>
>>52278433
>Maybe smaller dicks are more efficient and virile after all.

Which is the answer OP was after Takeshi
>>
>>52277156
ripping-off is asian culture though
>>
File: chineseanimepussy.jpg (368 KB, 850x1182) Image search: [Google]
chineseanimepussy.jpg
368 KB, 850x1182
Posting best anime
>>
>>52277156
Of course, we japanese learned chinese culture. We respect china before 1840.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.