[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does chicago have the best american accent?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
does chicago have the best american accent?
>>
>>52274425
No that's Texas
>>
Chicago's accent is "the" general American accent, so im not sure what youre talking about my Hellenic friend
>>
>>52274469
california* ftfy, we're the general accent
>>
>>52274425
>chicago
typical fryromian gipsy fuck
>>
>>52274647
the fuck

>>52274469
it's distinct and in your face/direct but better sounding than the new york one to me. like the definite american accent. maybe its the whole midwest region tho
>>
Georgia accents are cute
>>
>>52274925
retarded too
>>
>>52275055
Second dat
>>
Boston has the best
>>
>>52275055
Women with Georgia accents sound like qts, but the men sound like hicks
>>
I have a bit of a strange accent. I've lived in San Francisco for about 5 years now so my rhythm and minor pronunciations are in San Francisco Dialect. However, I still use lots of Canadian vernacular, and say pro-gress, pro-ject, etc.
>>
>>52278030
yeah nobody cares
>>
>>52276054
lol butthurt faggot
>>
>>52274925
You're thinking of a Wisconsin or Minnesota, etc. accent.
>>
Chicago is rightful Polish clay.
>>
File: IMG_20150123_160348.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150123_160348.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>people actually come from all over the world to live in a city full of non-whites
>>
>>52274469
>Chicago's accent is "the" general American accent

What a remarkably stupid and false thing to say
>>
>>52278761

No, he's talking about the Chicago accent, which is distinct from either of those. Chi-KAAAA-goo. Not sure why someone from Macedonia knows it better than you do.
>>
>>52280807
>>52280891
Are you guys even midwestern, or are you just basing this on stuff you see on TV.

I live in Chicago and nobody has an accent.
>>
The American Accent is Virginia Tidewater. Which is the closest to the original English spoken at the time of the Revolution. IS even closer to than any Britbong accent/dialect.
>>
>>52280807
The Chicago accent isn't the General American accent but the accent most people have there is the General American accent because the ridiculous accents (best examples are: Boston "Paak da kar on da bowlavaad", NYC "EY IM WAHKIN HEAR!", and Chicago "Chi-KAAAAAAA-ga") are all dying out towards the General American accent. I live near NYC and have been to Boston and Chicago very often and everyone sounds extremely similar.
>>
>>52281354

t. Never been to chicago

Our accents aren't that exaggerated. You're imagining the Boston accent whereas we do say Chicago like that, but it's not as pronounced
>>
>>52277655
"hey lemme stick my membah right in your vaginer"
>>
>>52281086
You have the worst accent ever except for boston

t. Indianapolis
>>
Anyone who hates chicago is either a butthurt michigander or one of those "I hate city folk" types
>>
does chicago have good asses
>>
>>52284166
t. butthurt Chicagoan
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.