[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me examples of shit tier countries with a glorious past
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: images.jpg (27 KB, 448x328) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
27 KB, 448x328
For me it would Ethiopia.
>Used to control large swathes of the Arab peninsula, 1300 years ago

>They even tried to convert the primitive Arabs to Christianity

>Had their own unique architecture and writing system
>Were considered one of the 4 great regional power by some Persian King.

>Pretty much saved Islam in the First Migration/Hijra to Abyssinia

>Had their own unique version of Christianity
>Was a naval power for hundreds of years and pretty much had hegemony over the red Sea and soithern Arabia. Traded with Rome, India, Greece, Persia and China.
Was the only African nation to issue its own currency
>Is now 3rd world shithole

Give me more example of shit teir countries with underappreciated history
>>
>>52272281

Poland
Turkey
Greece
Russia
Serbia (kind of).
Italy
Spain
Portugal
China
Iran

And a lot more.
>>
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21 KB, 443x332
>>52272338
So edgy
>>
Mongolia and Arab countries
>>
>Iraq
>Iran

Most prominent examples. But I don't agree with Ethiopia at all. They don't have any contributions, and none of their empires are worth remembering.
>>
>>52272617
>underappreciated
>>
UK

:(
>>
>>52272675
>He doesnt know about Persia, Sumer and Assyria
>>
>>52272414

It's really not, all those countries are objectively shit at the moment and a shadow of their former glorious selves. Even prosperous countries like Germany, France, and the UK are pathetic versions of what they used to be, just not so bad as the rest.
>>
>>52272281
Mali.
>was the richest empire in the world
>Timbuktu was once 5 times the size of London
>destabilised the Mediterranean economy with gold
>is now modern-day Mali
>>
Sweden actually has a pretty interesting military past many centuries ago.
>>
File: 1449902454645.jpg (125 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
1449902454645.jpg
125 KB, 640x908
>>52272764
>Mali
HOL UP HOL UP
>>
>>52272841
t. has always been a shithole
>>
There's plenty of countering that fell because they closed themselves on their own little world. A prime example is Rome. I'd add Genoa, since the discover of the new world made it's colonies in Russia worthless.

Ottoman Empire, which fell so hard you can still hear the noise to this very day.

Ashanti, which was a rich country until they went full slavist and got annexed by UK

Mali, an important country stretched onto the major trading points between west Africa and nort Africa, before Islam turned them into a shithole (they even modified their flag to accommodate the Muslim pops)

Morocco, which is now a branch of France in Africa, much like Algeria and Tunisia (although Algeria has never been good. And Tunisia neither)

Egypt, since it could have been a prime example of first world country in Africa thanks to Suez, instead it's corrupt festival

Mughal empire

Mexico, their currency was, thanks to spain, the most used in the whole Asia. Since they went full separatism you know what they say about Mexico. Drugs and violence and shit. Not exactly a nice place to be in. Kudos to their separatist movement.

Germany, hadn't they followed the Austrian Kaiser, they'd still be the number one

Afghanistan, the country that handed their ass to the Brits
>>
>>52272617
Anyway its still impressive for nigs
>>
>>52272861
>before Islam turned them into a shithole
What? The Islamic age was Mali's golden age.

Maybe you're thinking about the Ghana Empire.
>>
>>52272338
>Poland
No
>>
>UK, France
>control half of the world and millions of subhumans
>become a mudslim shithole
>hated around the world
>Spain, Portugal
>discover and control half of the world
>become a poor shithole
>Greece, Italy
>control the relevant world for millenias
>influence on the whole planet
>become a poor shithole

>Germany
>almost reaching perfection
>JUST
>>
>>52272338
>Russia
Russia has always been pretty shit, the only things that have ever made it great are the aristocracy that copied french art and the sheer mass of plebs with pitchforks they manage to send into each battle.
>>
>>52272927
Yes, sorry I fucked up
>>
>>52272338
>Italy

WE WUZ PAINTURS AND SHEEET
>>
>>52272995

Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was pretty damn impressive at its height mate.
>>
>>52273107

Don't forget WE WUZ ROMANS, something that was a non-meme and used to motivate Italians to fight up until the end of WW2.
>>
Entire EU
>>
File: images.jpg (27 KB, 350x420) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
27 KB, 350x420
>>52273013
I consider the EU the fourth Riech. All you germans need to do is ditch the leftist policies that will leave Germany weak in the future. Theres too many degenerate migrants in Germany, they will be the achilles heel of the German empire.
>>
>>52273201

Impossible, Germans are so cucked they even said they hadn't been punished enough for the Holocaust even when Bibi told them that it was okay and they didn't have to import millions of Muslims to make up for it.

When the Jews are telling you that you are taking multiculturalism too far, you know you're in trouble.
>>
>>52273121

>After several decades of prosperity,[21][22][23] it entered a period of protracted political,[14][24] military and economic[25] decline

>LASTED 1569–1795
>>
>>52272861
>Tunisia never good
>what is Carthague and north africa being the barn of Rome
>>
>>52273429
>tunisia is carthage
Damn it Argentina, what part of destroying their capital and salting their lands so they will never return do you not understand?
>>
>>52273429
>Tunisia = Carthage

I'll use all my knowledge of Spanish to allow you to use the least of your cognitive functions so you can understand

De vuelta en El bucket
>>
us, as in britian not usa
>>
File: madcry.jpg (68 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
madcry.jpg
68 KB, 700x700
>>
File: debt.png (370 KB, 800x1399) Image search: [Google]
debt.png
370 KB, 800x1399
>>52273712
PAY
>>
>>52273740
>sell that fish
>use it to pay denbts

I DONT GET WHY GREEKS DONT DO THIS
>>
>>52273590
same thing
>>
>>52273740
dat tobacco colored beard doe
>>
>>52273791
Then how will he pay for his phone, so he can ask for more loans?
>>
South america was better off never existing
>>
>>52272861
Italy bringing the bestposting.
>>
File: 1450301532355.jpg (24 KB, 265x258) Image search: [Google]
1450301532355.jpg
24 KB, 265x258
portugal
they wuz kingz
>>
>>52272861
>Kudos to their separatist movement.
which one
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.