[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think money makes you happy /int/? I just moved to auckland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Do you think money makes you happy /int/? I just moved to auckland and everybody is miserable. They all have nice cars and clothes but they are so dumb and boring that they can't form any emotional connection to anything other than money. This is why I pick up german qts, cause they are not fucking fake. What's it like in your country?
>>
I don't leave the house desu so you are asking the wrong guy.
>>
Are dumb, boring and emotional disconnect the path to happiness? yes

Ignorance is a bliss, even if it is about the ignorance of poverty
>>
>>52205440
>>52205491
the two sides of same fedora
>>
>>52205547
extrapolate
>>
Wait until the next time there's a rich thread on here, there are plenty of richfags that are miserable.
Money won't make you happy, but then being poor won't make you happy in itself, either. So it's probably a lot better to be rich and unhappy than poor and unhappy.
>>
>>52205491
no they are miserable, try making eye contact and smiling at someone who thinks they are better than you and watch them squirm.
>>
>>52205563
realising what makes you happy and then using money as a tool to achieve that is probs a better life.
>>
>>52205584
their misery is more linked to their actions things they have done or missed

there is a difference it scope
>>
>>52205612
Assuming that what you want to make you happy requires money, then yes.
>>
>>52205440
Where'd you move from m8?
>>
>>52205633
in* scope
>>
having money doesn't make you happy

but not having money makes you unhappy
>>
Money doesn't make you happy. All the shit you can buy provides temporary happiness but then you get used to the lifestyle and you become like everyone else.

The answer is drugs. They make you happy, and you have money to buy them.
>>
>>52205654
Hawkes bay

>>52205720
having sex with woman, sport, sun and art are the only methods of achieving genuine happiness. Everything else is just stuff
>>
>>52205839
There is no drug that you can constantly use and not get depressed from.
>>
>>52205839
>The answer is drugs. They make you happy, and you have money to buy them.
Yeah but you'll get acclimated to them pretty quickly, especially if you're not doing anything else. So you're going to want to have a lot of money.
>>
File: jules.jpg (55 KB, 500x613) Image search: [Google]
jules.jpg
55 KB, 500x613
happiness comes from one's self.
casablancas, for example, was born to a rich businessman but he's happy because he does what he loves.
>>
Money makes you happy up to a certain point because it can alleviate the stress of worrying about how you're going to pay your bills and handle inevitable unexpected expenses. It can also enable you to pursue hobbies that wouldn't be possible if you were poor. But it can't make you able to form meaningful connections with other people.
>>
>>52206074
>he does what he loves
Boomboxes.
>>
I think I'd just pay people to do stupid shit like Mr Burns does in that one episode.
>>
File: Aerial_view_of_Auckland.jpg (721 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Aerial_view_of_Auckland.jpg
721 KB, 1024x683
>>52205440
>just moved to auckland
Woah, slow down there, city slicker! How do you handle being jammed into the same building as tens of other people? What's it like being over fifteen minutes from nature? How do stay grounded without succumbing to such a mildly semi-fast paced life?
>>
>>52206286
Its not the place it's the people. Auckland is full of rich people now that all the houses are worth at least a mil and i think that everyone is way sadder because of it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.